|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machiavelli define auxiliary forces?
2. How can honesty in other people cause the prince to lose respect?
3. What does the wise prince do to maintain the loyalty of the people?
4. What Biblical example does Machiavelli use to show that someone else's arms are useless?
5. How does Machiavelli classify auxiliary troops?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay answering and discussing the question, Is honesty always the best policy?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on why you would or would not have liked living during the Italian Renaissance.
Essay Topic 3
In one typed, double-spaced page, identify those Machiavellian ideas that might work in a democracy.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)