|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. What is it that a prince cannot control among his subjects?
2. How much of man's fate does Machiavelli ascribe to God and Fortune?
3. Why should a prince keep down factions in his princedom?
4. How does Machiavelli describe the temper (mindset) of the public?
5. Ferdinand of Spain became strong by waging war. What did he use to do that and get the people behind him?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. Explain how Machiavelli sees Utopian ideas of principalities and republics.
This section contains 1,126 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)