Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machiavelli define auxiliary forces?
2. How can honesty in other people cause the prince to lose respect?
3. What does the wise prince do to maintain the loyalty of the people?
4. What Biblical example does Machiavelli use to show that someone else's arms are useless?
5. How does Machiavelli classify auxiliary troops?
Essay Topic 1
Critique Machiavelli's idea that a state or prince must have a strong, loyal military.
Essay Topic 2
Machiavelli favored the death penalty. Write an essay expressing your opinion on that subject.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the subject of politicians trying to please everyone to stay in power.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)