|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machiavelli define auxiliary forces?
2. What does Machiavelli say the King of Naples and the Duke of Milan had in common?
3. What does Machiavelli say are the two main reasons for a prince to lose his dominion?
4. How will the prince be seen if his ministers are capable and wise even though he is not?
5. What does Machiavelli suggest is wrong with concepts of an ideal princedom or republic.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how education or the lack of it played a part in the politics of Machiavelli's time.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Machiavelli's statement that if a prince (or politician) establishes his authority, the means he uses will always be judged honorable. Use Cesare Borgia and Sadam Hussein as examples in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In one typed, double-spaced page, identify those Machiavellian ideas that might work in a democracy.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)