|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a constant threat to any prince?
2. What does the prince gain from rewarding his ministers well for jobs well done?
3. Why does Machiavelli insist that a prince recalled by the people after being conquered offers him no security?
4. Who does Machiavelli single out as a prince who was always prepared for war?
5. What does Machiavelli suggest is the best fortress for a prince?
Essay Topic 1
Machiavelli favored the death penalty. Write an essay expressing your opinion on that subject.
Essay Topic 2
Write your opinion on the debate over whether or not religion has a place in state government. In preparation, review Chapter 11 on Ecclesiastical Princedoms.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on your feelings about Machiavelli's trying to get in with the family that overthrew his government and put him out of a job.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)