|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Machiavelli say that the sultans of Turkey and Egypt had to listen more to the military than to the people?
2. What did Heiro of Syracuse do when he realized his mercenary troops were worthless?
3. How does Machiavelli justify his position that a prince is not duty bound to keep his word?
4. What does Machiavelli say is the only art expected of a prince?
5. What, according to Machiavelli, is better than actually having all the good qualities of leadership?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the Italian Renaissance.
Essay Topic 2
Write a story about a young person's problem when two of his or her friends are fighting.
Essay Topic 3
In one typed, double-spaced page, identify those Machiavellian ideas that might work in a democracy.
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)