|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machiavelli define auxiliary forces?
2. How can honesty in other people cause the prince to lose respect?
3. What does the wise prince do to maintain the loyalty of the people?
4. What Biblical example does Machiavelli use to show that someone else's arms are useless?
5. How does Machiavelli classify auxiliary troops?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the Medici family returning to power and what it meant to Machiavelli.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Machiavelli's statement that if a prince (or politician) establishes his authority, the means he uses will always be judged honorable. Use Cesare Borgia and Sadam Hussein as examples in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Machiavelli favored the death penalty. Write an essay expressing your opinion on that subject.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)