|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Machiavelli define auxiliary forces?
2. Why does Machiavelli insist that a prince need not always be honest?
3. What response does a prince receive if he is seen as fickle, effeminate, cowardly, frivolous, or irresolute?
4. What is the advantage of taking sides when both warring factions are weaker than the prince?
5. What does the prince gain from rewarding his ministers well for jobs well done?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a story about how you imagine Prince Lorenzo de Medici reacted to THE PRINCE.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about why you think many people have not liked Machiavelli's book, THE PRINCE.
Essay Topic 3
Critique Machiavelli's idea that a state or prince must have a strong, loyal military.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)