Short Essay Questions Key
1. Explain the customary way to seek the favor and audience of a prince.
2. What value does Machiavelli put on his gift to Prince Lorenzo de Medici?
3. How does Machiavelli explain a man of his common social standing being qualified to advise a prince?
4. To what does Machiavelli ascribe his present circumstances as he writes the book?
5. At the time Machiavelli is writing, he recognizes only two types of existing government. Explain each.
6. What are the two types of princedoms as identified by Machiavelli?
7. What advantage does the hereditary prince have in maintaining his dominion?
8. What does Machiavelli mean when he says that dominions are obtained by either good Fortune or merit?
9. How does Machiavelli say that hereditary States are the easier ones to control?
10. If a hereditary prince loses his dominion in war, will he be able to regain his former position? Explain.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)