Short Answer Key
1. What was the motivation for Machiavelli to write THE PRINCE?
He wanted Prince Lorenzo de Medici to employ him.
2. What was Machiavelli's method for learning political government?
He studied the outstanding rulers of the past.
3. What reasons does Machiavelli put forward to get Prince Lorenzo to read his book?
Experience and the absence of flattery.
4. How do the Medici come to power?
5. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli suddenly out of a job?
He has been working for the government overthrown by the Medici.
6. Why does Machiavelli insist that hereditary princedoms are more easily maintained?
The people are already familiar with that form of government.
7. What is it that Machiavelli prizes most of his possessions?
His knowledge of the actions of great men.
8. What is Machiavelli offering the Prince Lorenzo de Medici?
Means of mastering in a short...
This section contains 3,578 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)