|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What powerful force does Machiavelli say can efface innovations in government?
(a) More and more innovation.
(c) Disdain for the past.
2. What is more effective than honesty in a prince?
(b) Good looks.
3. Aside from humble beginnings, what does Machiavelli say that Agathocles and Oliverotto have in common?
(a) They refused to resort to political assassination.
(b) They knew what they wanted and made a plan to get it.
(c) They were both Italians.
(d) They got their positions from other princes.
4. Which statement is true according to Machiavelli?
(a) A prince should be quick to believe and quick to act.
(b) It is better to be feared than loved.
(c) Men care more about offending those they love than those they fear.
(d) Men are more likely to break a promise made in fear.
5. The cities of what country are given as good examples of fortification?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best type of mind Machiavelli says is needed for a strong prince?
2. What does Machiavelli say are the two main reasons for a prince to lose his dominion?
3. What does Machiavelli say his desire is for Prince Lorenzo?
4. Aside from granting favors to his subjects during a siege, what does Machiavelli suggest a wise prince might do?
5. How will the prince be seen if his ministers are capable and wise even though he is not?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)