|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cesare Borgia was helped in his drive for power by his father. Who was he?
(a) The military head of the Orsini.
(b) King Luis XII of France.
(c) Pope Alexander IV.
(d) Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan.
2. How will the prince be seen if his ministers are capable and wise even though he is not?
(a) He will be seen as a puppet to his ministers.
(b) He will be seen as capable and wise.
(c) He will be seen as inferior.
(d) He will be seen as having a great deal of luck.
3. What are the two types of government identified by Machiavelli?
(a) City State and Territory.
(b) Kingdom and City State.
(c) State and Republic.
(d) State and Dominion.
4. What characteristic of a leader can change fortune according to Machiavelli?
(a) The intervention of God.
(b) The will of the people.
(c) A person's innate ability.
(d) Being at the right place and in the right time.
5. What can deprive a prince of his princedom?
(a) Extrodinary and irresistable force.
(b) Disagreements within a family of hereditary rulers.
(c) Revolution among the lowest class of subjects.
(d) Public elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Machiavelli see as the problem with barons?
2. What is a constant threat to any prince?
3. What was Cesare Borgia's greatest mistake according to Machiavelli?
4. What does Machiavelli insist about a Prince who lost his dominion by force?
5. Who does Machiavelli cite as an example of generosity that ended badly?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)