1. What was the motivation for Machiavelli to write THE PRINCE?
(a) He wanted Prince Lorenzo de Medici to employ him.
(b) He wanted to become a prince.
(c) He wanted to become a famous author.
(d) He wanted to start a revolution.
2. What was Machiavelli's method for learning political government?
(a) He relied on his own intuitions.
(b) He studied the outstanding rulers of the past.
(c) He formed a college to study the various ideas.
(d) He tried all methods of government himself.
3. What reasons does Machiavelli put forward to get Prince Lorenzo to read his book?
(a) Experience and his personal need.
(b) Experience and his ability as a writer.
(c) Experience and his low-born status.
(d) Experience and the absence of flattery.
4. How do the Medici come to power?
(a) Through clever political manipulation.
(b) Through inheritance.
(c) Through democratic elections.
(d) Through war.
5. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli suddenly out of a job?
(a) He has been working for the government overthrown by the Medici.
(b) He has taken too much time off.
(c) He has had a long illness.
(d) He insulted Prince Lorenzo de Medici.
This section contains 7,459 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)