1. What was the motivation for Machiavelli to write THE PRINCE?
(a) He wanted to become a prince.
(b) He wanted to become a famous author.
(c) He wanted to start a revolution.
(d) He wanted Prince Lorenzo de Medici to employ him.
2. What was Machiavelli's method for learning political government?
(a) He tried all methods of government himself.
(b) He relied on his own intuitions.
(c) He studied the outstanding rulers of the past.
(d) He formed a college to study the various ideas.
3. What reasons does Machiavelli put forward to get Prince Lorenzo to read his book?
(a) Experience and his personal need.
(b) Experience and his low-born status.
(c) Experience and his ability as a writer.
(d) Experience and the absence of flattery.
4. How do the Medici come to power?
(a) Through war.
(b) Through democratic elections.
(c) Through inheritance.
(d) Through clever political manipulation.
5. Why is Niccolo Machiavelli suddenly out of a job?
(a) He has had a long illness.
(b) He has been working for the government overthrown by the Medici.
(c) He insulted Prince Lorenzo de Medici.
(d) He has taken too much time off.
This section contains 7,459 words
(approx. 25 pages at 300 words per page)