|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell the young Alex that he has?
(a) A broken arm.
(c) Osgood Shlatterer's Disease.
(d) Archibald Schlotze Disease.
2. What was the narrator's IQ at age 12?
3. What is the name of the strip club the narrator speaks of going to when he was underage?
(a) Madison Burlesque.
(b) Irene's House.
(c) Empire Burlesque.
(d) The Pussycat Lounge.
4. What does the narrator say he did after the incident with the prostitute?
5. What is above the bathroom sink in the Girardi home?
(a) A picture of Jesus.
(b) A star of David.
(c) A nude calendar.
(d) A cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does the narrator say he never said before his trip with the college girlfriend?
2. What is the name of the girl whom the narrator watches doing figure eights on the ice rink?
3. Who was the narrator's girl friend at Antioch?
4. Who was the narrator's favorite "hero" in eighth grade?
5. On what street did the narrator's college girl friend grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex remark about Israel?
2. Why did Alex and Kay almost marry? What caused him to end the relationship?
3. How does Alex describe the "Sunday morning ritual" in his neighborhood?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5? What does this refer to?
5. How did Alex feel about having "a real" relationship with the Monkey?
6. What does the narrator recall which might be "the root of his problems" in Chapter 4 regarding his mother?
7. Who is Bubbles? What was she to Alex?
8. What, according to the narrator, are the worst sins he has committed in Chapter 4?
9. What does the narrator retell about the burlesque show in Chapter 4?
10. What happened on the trip with the Monkey that began to change their relationship?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)