|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's father warn Morty that he'll turn his son into?
(a) A Goy.
(b) A Shikse.
(c) A Republican.
(d) A Communist.
2. The narrator says in Chapter 6, "Doctor, maybe other patients dream--with me, everything _______."
(a) Is dreams.
(c) Means something.
3. What phrase does the narrator say he never said before his trip with the college girlfriend?
(a) Good morning.
(d) I love you.
4. Who does the narrator refer to as his "final downfall and humiliation" in Chapter 6?
(d) Mary Anne.
5. What does the narrator say that Bubbles is growing?
(b) A plant.
(c) Arm hair.
(d) A moustache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name had the narrator picked for himself out of the Essex County phone book?
2. What was the name of the prostitute the narrator and Monkey picked up?
3. What unnerves the narrator about the Monkey?
4. What pet name does the Monkey have for the narrator?
5. Why does the narrator go to Irvington Park to ice skate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alex speak of taking a trip with the Monkey in Chapter 5? What did the voices of his parents say in his head as he drove?
2. Who does Alex describe as the first of the shikses he had a relationship with? What attracted him to her?
3. What happened with Mandel and Bubbles? What does this prompt the narrator to need to know?
4. What happened on the trip with the Monkey that began to change their relationship?
5. Who is Bubbles? What was she to Alex?
6. What does Alex say about the photo of Jesus in Bubbles's house?
7. How does Alex describe the "Sunday morning ritual" in his neighborhood?
8. What story does Alex tell of the Monkey with the married couple?
9. What, according to the narrator, are the worst sins he has committed in Chapter 4?
10. How did Alex feel about having "a real" relationship with the Monkey?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)