|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say his desires are in Chapter 4?
2. What is the name of the narrator's sister's husband?
3. How many goyim were in the narrator's graduating class of 250?
4. Of what faith is the narrator's family?
5. What does the narrator's mother obsess over him catching?
(b) A cold.
(c) The flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the narrator, "They worship a Jew, do you know that?"
2. What was the name of the boy who the narrator talks of having committed suicide?
3. What does the narrator say doesn't grow on trees in Chapter 4?
4. What is the name of the Company President whose picture hangs in the protagonist's family's hallway?
5. What did the narrator eat that was his sister's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator suspect about the shikse who came to his family's house? Why?
2. What story does the narrator tell about Ronald Nimkin?
3. How does the narrator feel about the laws of Judaism?
4. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
5. What does the narrator say he grew up to NOT be, at least, in Chapter 4? Why?
6. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
7. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
8. Where does the narrator's father work? What line of business is he in? Where is his "route?"
9. What were the narrator's father's ambitions for him growing up?
10. How did the narrator's father feel about his job? How did he express his feelings to his family?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)