|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator's father say his cousin Toby will never want for popularity?
(a) She paints.
(b) She plays piano.
(c) She knows shorthand.
(d) She is pretty.
2. What is the term used for a non-Jewish girl?
3. How old is the narrator when his testicles recede?
4. What is the narrator's mother's name?
5. What was the name of the boy who the narrator talks of having committed suicide?
(a) James Schwartz.
(b) Andrew Sparks.
(c) Wilbur Schwartzman.
(d) Ronald Nimkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he's the son in?
2. What does the narrator say was a "mixup" in his house?
3. What is the term the narrator uses to mean "spank?"
4. Who does the narrator now work for in Chapter 4, Part 2?
5. How old is the narrator's previous girlfriend when they broke up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
2. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
3. What does the narrator say he grew up to NOT be, at least, in Chapter 4? Why?
4. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
5. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
6. Who does the main character think all of his teachers are in disguise? Why?
7. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
8. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
9. Where does the narrator's father work? What line of business is he in? Where is his "route?"
10. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)