|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say doesn't grow on trees in Chapter 4?
2. How old is the narrator's previous girlfriend when they broke up?
3. What does the narrator eat which makes his mother weep in Chapter 2?
(a) Hot dogs.
(b) Potato chips.
(d) French fries.
4. Who is the narrator sitting next to on the bus in Chapter 4?
(a) An old lady.
(b) A Polish police officer.
(c) An Italian immigrant.
(d) A shikse.
5. How does the narrator accidentally refer to the analyst as in Chapter 4, Part 2?
(a) Your Honor.
(b) Dr. Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not kosher after eating meat?
2. What does the narrator's mother obsess over him catching?
3. How old is the narrator when he pleasures himself on a public bus?
4. The narrator refers, in Chapter 4, to his father being "a real Jewish" what?
5. How old is the narrator in the present in Chapter 4, part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resentments does the narrator recall following the family's move from Jersey City?
2. What story does the narrator tell about Ronald Nimkin?
3. What do Alex and his parents argue about after their dinner in Chapter 4?
4. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
5. Why does the young Alex believe he has cancer?
6. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
7. What does the narrator suspect about the shikse who came to his family's house? Why?
8. Who does the main character think all of his teachers are in disguise? Why?
9. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
10. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)