|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's mother doing when he sees her menstrual blood?
(a) Koshering meat.
(b) Serving dinner.
(c) Baking cookies.
2. Where does the narrator's family move in 1941?
(b) Jersey City.
3. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) Whacking Off.
(b) Days with Mother.
(d) The Teenage Years.
4. What does the narrator's father accuse his son-in-law of being?
(a) A Socialist.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A Republican.
(d) A Democrat.
5. What does the narrator say his desires are in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's mother's name?
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
4. Where does the narrator live with his family in his childhood?
5. What do the neighborhood women play with the narrator's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother believe he has been eating in Chapter 2? How does she react?
2. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
3. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
4. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
5. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
6. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
7. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
8. What do Alex and his parents argue about after their dinner in Chapter 4?
9. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
10. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)