Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother threaten him with when he refuses to eat dinner?
(a) A gun.
(b) Being grounded.
(c) A bread knife.
2. Why does the narrator's father say his cousin Toby will never want for popularity?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She paints.
(c) She plays piano.
(d) She knows shorthand.
3. How does the narrator accidentally refer to the analyst as in Chapter 4, Part 2?
(b) Dr. Freud.
(c) Your Honor.
4. What does the narrator keep hidden in the basement for the purpose of pleasuring himself?
(a) A baseball glove.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A milk bottle.
(d) An apple.
5. What does the narrator believe to be cancer in his freshman year of high school?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A mole.
(c) A fever blister.
(d) A freckle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator's mother called in high school?
2. What is the name of the Company President whose picture hangs in the protagonist's family's hallway?
3. What does the narrator's father hold the wrong way?
4. What does the narrator's mother tell him to give to his father in Chapter 4?
5. How old is the narrator when his testicles recede?
Short Essay Questions
1. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
2. Who is Bubbles? What was she to Alex?
3. What does the narrator recall which might be "the root of his problems" in Chapter 4 regarding his mother?
4. What story does Alex tell of the Monkey with the married couple?
5. Why does the young Alex believe he has cancer?
6. What does Alex say he sometimes fantasizes about in Chapter 6?
7. What resentments does the narrator recall following the family's move from Jersey City?
8. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
9. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
10. When do the narrator's doubts about the Monkey reach a climax?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)