|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
2. Who does the narrator describe as "The Most Unforgettable Character I've Met?"
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His first-grade teacher.
3. What is the name of the narrator's sister's husband?
4. What does the narrator's father accuse his son-in-law of being?
(a) A Republican.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A Socialist.
5. Where did American Nazis hold picnics only blocks from the narrator's house?
(a) A beer garden.
(b) The parking lot of the Synogogue.
(c) A local park.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
2. Who tells the narrator, "They worship a Jew, do you know that?"
3. What does the narrator say that with sex the human imagination runs to?
4. In Chapter 4, where did the narrator break up with his previous girlfriend?
5. Where does the narrator's family move in 1941?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
2. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
3. What are the protagonist's principle memories of his father from early childhood?
4. Who is the shikse who came to the young Alex's family's home? Why?
5. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
6. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
7. What is the story the narrator tells in the beginning of Chapter 4? Why does he do what he does in this story?
8. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
9. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
10. How did the narrator's father feel about his job? How did he express his feelings to his family?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)