|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator eat that was his sister's?
2. Who is the shikse who comes to dinner with the narrator's father?
(a) Mary Ann Wilkes.
(b) Elizabeth Joyner.
(c) Mary McCaffery.
(d) Anne McCaffery.
3. What was the narrator's mother called in high school?
4. What does the narrator tell his parents he has which makes him spend so much time in the bathroom?
(c) A fever.
(d) A sore throat.
5. Where does the narrator's mother accuse him of going to eat in Chapter 2?
(a) Harold's Hot Dog.
(b) Katz's Deli.
(d) Henry's Burgers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator now work for in Chapter 4, Part 2?
2. What is the title of Chapter 3?
3. What is the narrator's favorite winter meal?
4. What is the narrator's mother doing when he sees her menstrual blood?
5. What is the name of the narrator's sister's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
2. What does the narrator speak of regarding his humiliations with his mother as a child in Chapter 3?
3. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
4. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
5. What body-related incidents does the narrator recall in Chapter 3?
6. What do Alex and his parents argue about after their dinner in Chapter 4?
7. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
8. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
9. How does the narrator feel about the laws of Judaism?
10. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)