|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's sister's married name?
2. Where is it "okay" for the narrator's family to eat pork?
(a) The Chinese restaurant.
(b) The Synogogue.
(c) At home.
(d) His sister's house.
3. Where is the narrator's uncle's store?
(a) The Bronx.
(d) Jersey City.
4. What does the narrator say doesn't grow on trees in Chapter 4?
5. What is the term the narrator uses to mean "spank?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the narrator when his testicles recede?
2. What is the narrator's favorite winter meal?
3. What is all the unconscious can do, according to Freud?
4. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
5. Who is the shikse who comes to dinner with the narrator's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the shikse who came to the young Alex's family's home? Why?
2. What does the narrator speak of regarding his humiliations with his mother as a child in Chapter 3?
3. Where does the narrator's father work? What line of business is he in? Where is his "route?"
4. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
5. What does the narrator's mother believe he has been eating in Chapter 2? How does she react?
6. Why does the young Alex believe he has cancer?
7. What does the narrator's father urge him to take lessons in? Why?
8. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
9. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
10. What resentments does the narrator recall following the family's move from Jersey City?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)