|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beach does the narrator's family stay at during the summers?
(a) Bradley Beach.
(b) Coney Island.
(c) Atlantic City.
(d) Neptune Beach.
2. The narrator claims in Chapter 4 that he brings his parents nothing but what?
3. Where does the narrator's mother accuse him of going to eat in Chapter 2?
(a) Katz's Deli.
(c) Harold's Hot Dog.
(d) Henry's Burgers.
4. What is Hannah's problem, according to the narrator?
(a) She's coddled.
(b) She's depressive.
(c) She's too smart.
(d) She's overweight.
5. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) Cunt Crazy.
(b) Woman Crazy.
(d) Totally Crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Christian children are in the high school where the narrator attends?
2. What does the narrator's father say one must prepare for?
3. What does the narrator remark about the woman whom his father brings home to dinner?
4. How old is the narrator when he pleasures himself on a public bus?
5. What does the narrator say was a "mixup" in his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does the narrator tell about Ronald Nimkin?
2. What were the narrator's father's ambitions for him growing up?
3. How does the narrator feel about the laws of Judaism?
4. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
5. How did the narrator's father feel about his job? How did he express his feelings to his family?
6. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
7. What does the narrator suspect about the shikse who came to his family's house? Why?
8. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
9. What does the narrator's mother believe he has been eating in Chapter 2? How does she react?
10. Why does the young Alex believe he has cancer?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)