|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the narrator when he broke his knee?
2. What does the narrator's mother give the cleaning lady for lunch?
3. What is the narrator's mother doing when he sees her menstrual blood?
(a) Koshering meat.
(b) Serving dinner.
(d) Baking cookies.
4. What is not kosher after eating meat?
(c) Cream in coffee.
5. What does the narrator say is "very funny on the stage--but not to live it"?
(a) The parents.
(c) The macabre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as "The Most Unforgettable Character I've Met?"
2. What does the narrator say his desires are in Chapter 4?
3. What does the narrator's mother obsess over him catching?
4. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate in life?
5. What is the narrator's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the protagonist's principle memories of his father from early childhood?
2. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
3. How did Alex feel about having "a real" relationship with the Monkey?
4. What does Alex say he sometimes fantasizes about in Chapter 6?
5. What does Alex remark about Israel?
6. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
7. What does the memories of the Monkey conjure in Alex's memory in Chapter 4?
8. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
9. What is the story the narrator tells in the beginning of Chapter 4? Why does he do what he does in this story?
10. What does the narrator retell about the burlesque show in Chapter 4?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)