|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cleaning woman who works for the narrator's family?
2. What is the name of the narrator's father's coworker who bamboozled his mother into eating lobster?
3. How old was the narrator when he broke his knee?
4. Where does the narrator's mother accuse him of going to eat in Chapter 2?
(b) Henry's Burgers.
(c) Katz's Deli.
(d) Harold's Hot Dog.
5. What is the name of the company for whom the narrator's father works?
(a) Ernst, Williams & Johnson.
(b) Johnson & Johnson.
(c) Boston & Northeastern Life.
(d) Williams & Flannagan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator sitting next to on the bus in Chapter 4?
2. What does the narrator keep hidden in the basement for the purpose of pleasuring himself?
3. What do the narrator's parents complain about when they come visit him at his apartment?
4. How many Christian children are in the high school where the narrator attends?
5. What does the narrator's father accuse his son-in-law of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother believe he has been eating in Chapter 2? How does she react?
2. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
3. Who does the main character think all of his teachers are in disguise? Why?
4. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
5. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
6. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
7. What does the narrator's father urge him to take lessons in? Why?
8. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
9. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
10. What does the narrator suspect about the shikse who came to his family's house? Why?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)