|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the narrator, "They worship a Jew, do you know that?"
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
2. Of what faith is the narrator's family?
3. Where did American Nazis hold picnics only blocks from the narrator's house?
(a) A church.
(b) A beer garden.
(c) The parking lot of the Synogogue.
(d) A local park.
4. Who is the narrator sitting next to on the bus in Chapter 4?
(a) A Polish police officer.
(b) An Italian immigrant.
(c) A shikse.
(d) An old lady.
5. How old is the narrator's previous girlfriend when they broke up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he's the son in?
2. What non-kosher food does the narrator have for dinner while out with his sister?
3. Where does the narrator's family move in 1941?
4. What did the narrator's father encourage him to take a course in in high school?
5. What do the neighborhood women play with the narrator's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alex and his parents argue about after their dinner in Chapter 4?
2. What resentments does the narrator recall following the family's move from Jersey City?
3. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
4. What does the narrator say he grew up to NOT be, at least, in Chapter 4? Why?
5. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
6. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
7. What does the narrator's mother believe he has been eating in Chapter 2? How does she react?
8. What does the narrator suspect about the shikse who came to his family's house? Why?
9. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
10. Who is the shikse who came to the young Alex's family's home? Why?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)