|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What non-kosher food does the narrator have for dinner while out with his sister?
2. The narrator refers, in Chapter 4, to his father being "a real Jewish" what?
3. What does the narrator eat which makes his mother weep in Chapter 2?
(a) Hot dogs.
(c) French fries.
(d) Potato chips.
4. Where does the narrator's family move in 1941?
(a) Jersey City.
5. What does the narrator keep hidden in the basement for the purpose of pleasuring himself?
(a) A milk bottle.
(b) A jacket.
(c) An apple.
(d) A baseball glove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the narrator, "They worship a Jew, do you know that?"
2. How old is the narrator when he pleasures himself on a public bus?
3. What was in the letter that Ronald Nimkin left as his final words to his mother?
4. What does the narrator use like it "grows in trees" according to his father?
5. What does the narrator remark about the woman whom his father brings home to dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
2. Who does the main character think all of his teachers are in disguise? Why?
3. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
4. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
5. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
6. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
7. What does the narrator speak of regarding his humiliations with his mother as a child in Chapter 3?
8. What were the narrator's father's ambitions for him growing up?
9. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
10. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)