|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator use like it "grows in trees" according to his father?
(b) Toilet paper.
2. What does the narrator believe to be cancer in his freshman year of high school?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A freckle.
(c) A fever blister.
(d) A mole.
3. How does the narrator accidentally refer to the analyst as in Chapter 4, Part 2?
(a) Your Honor.
(b) Dr. Freud.
4. What is the principle ailment of the narrator's father?
5. What is all the unconscious can do, according to Freud?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hannah's problem, according to the narrator?
2. How many goyim were in the narrator's graduating class of 250?
3. What does the narrator's mother threaten him with when he refuses to eat dinner?
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
2. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
3. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
4. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
5. What body-related incidents does the narrator recall in Chapter 3?
6. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
7. What were the narrator's father's ambitions for him growing up?
8. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
9. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
10. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)