|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator have a difficult time believing in?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) Totally Crazy.
(b) Woman Crazy.
(c) Cunt Crazy.
3. What is the narrator's cousin's name who lives in Newark?
4. In Chapter 4, where did the narrator break up with his previous girlfriend?
(c) The Netherlands.
5. What is the name of the narrator's father's coworker who bamboozled his mother into eating lobster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator's mother called in high school?
2. What does the narrator say is "very funny on the stage--but not to live it"?
3. What does the narrator's mother do when he does something wrong?
4. What did the narrator's father encourage him to take a course in in high school?
5. What was the name of the boy who the narrator talks of having committed suicide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
2. What do Alex and his parents argue about after their dinner in Chapter 4?
3. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
4. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
5. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
6. What is the story the narrator tells in the beginning of Chapter 4? Why does he do what he does in this story?
7. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
8. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
9. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
10. What story does Alex tell about his mother and lobster?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)