|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say was a "mixup" in his house?
(a) The dog.
(b) The sexes of his parents.
(d) The children.
2. What is the narrator's mother doing when he sees her menstrual blood?
(a) Koshering meat.
(b) Baking cookies.
(d) Serving dinner.
3. What does the narrator's mother tell him to give to his father in Chapter 4?
(a) A card.
(b) A loan.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A tie.
4. Where does the narrator's mother accuse him of going to eat in Chapter 2?
(a) Harold's Hot Dog.
(b) Katz's Deli.
(c) Henry's Burgers.
5. What is the name of the narrator's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one topic the narrator says is the only thing to which his father can "sink his teeth?"
2. What do the neighborhood women play with the narrator's mother?
3. What does the narrator's mother obsess over him catching?
4. How old is the narrator when his testicles recede?
5. Who is the narrator sitting next to on the bus in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the narrator's father's ambitions for him growing up?
2. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
3. About what do the narrator's parents coddle him regarding his knee in Chapter 4?
4. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
5. What body-related incidents does the narrator recall in Chapter 3?
6. What does the narrator say he grew up to NOT be, at least, in Chapter 4? Why?
7. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
8. What does the narrator's father urge him to take lessons in? Why?
9. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
10. What does the narrator suspect about the shikse who came to his family's house? Why?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)