|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's cousin's name who lives in Newark?
2. What does the narrator eat which makes his mother weep in Chapter 2?
(a) Potato chips.
(b) Hot dogs.
(d) French fries.
3. How old is the narrator when his testicles recede?
4. Why does the narrator's father say his cousin Toby will never want for popularity?
(a) She paints.
(b) She plays piano.
(c) She knows shorthand.
(d) She is pretty.
5. Where does the narrator's family move in 1941?
(d) Jersey City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother obsess over him catching?
2. How old is the narrator when he pleasures himself on a public bus?
3. What is the name of the company for whom the narrator's father works?
4. What is the psychiatrist's name to whom the narrator speaks?
5. What is the title of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator's father work? What line of business is he in? Where is his "route?"
2. What does the narrator's mother do to him when he is "bad?" How does he react?
3. What is the one meaningful conversation the narrator speaks of having with his sister in Chapter 3?
4. What is the story the narrator tells in the beginning of Chapter 4? Why does he do what he does in this story?
5. Who does the main character think all of his teachers are in disguise? Why?
6. How does the narrator describe his sister in their early years?
7. How does the narrator feel about the laws of Judaism?
8. Where does Alex's family move during his childhood? When does this happen?
9. What does Alex say his parents complain about regarding his sister and her husband in Chapter 4?
10. What are the protagonist's principle memories of his father from early childhood?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)