|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) Totally Crazy.
(c) Woman Crazy.
(d) Cunt Crazy.
2. What do the narrator's parents complain about when they come visit him at his apartment?
(a) His rug.
(b) His hair.
(c) His couch.
(d) His job.
3. What do the neighborhood women play with the narrator's mother?
(c) Trivial Pursuit.
4. What does the narrator use like it "grows in trees" according to his father?
(b) Toilet paper.
5. What is the psychiatrist's name to whom the narrator speaks?
(a) Dr. Spielvogel.
(b) Dr. Freud.
(c) Dr. Claxton.
(d) Dr. Woolverton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother do when he does something wrong?
2. What was the name of the boy who the narrator talks of having committed suicide?
3. What is the name of the narrator's father's coworker who bamboozled his mother into eating lobster?
4. Where did the narrator eat a seafood dinner with his sister and her fiance in Chapter 4?
5. Where did the narrator's father take him once a month when he was young?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the narrator's father feel about his job? How did he express his feelings to his family?
2. What became of the narrator's cousin? Why?
3. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate? Why?
4. What does Alex remark about his father's bowel movements in Chapter 4?
5. What resentments does the narrator recall following the family's move from Jersey City?
6. What do Alex and his parents argue about after their dinner in Chapter 4?
7. What is Chapter 2 primarily about?
8. What frustration does the narrator express in Chapter 4 about his job and his parents' view of it?
9. Who does the main character think all of his teachers are in disguise? Why?
10. What does the narrator's father urge him to take lessons in? Why?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)