|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Monkey say that she hates on their drive back?
(a) The south.
(c) New York.
(d) The car.
2. Who does the last woman the narrator has interest in remind him of?
(a) The Monkey.
(b) Queen Margaret.
(c) His mother.
3. How old is the girl whom the main character has his first sexual experience?
4. What are the names of the "bad boys" with whom the narrator spends time in his youth?
(a) Kevin and Agnew.
(b) Roger and Mendel.
(c) Heshie and Jason.
(d) Mendel and Smolka.
5. What is the name of the girl whom the narrator watches doing figure eights on the ice rink?
(a) Jennifer Rogers.
(b) Peggy Ann O'Brien.
(c) Elizabeth McCourt.
(d) Ashley Rogers.
6. What did the narrator's college girlfriend at Antioch do?
(a) Taught classes.
(b) Edit a fashion magazine.
(c) Edit a literary magazine.
(d) Edit the yearbook.
7. Where does the narrator say he abandoned the Monkey?
8. The narrator says in Chapter 6, "Doctor, maybe other patients dream--with me, everything _______."
(a) Is dreams.
(b) Means something.
9. On what street did the narrator's college girl friend grow up?
10. Who was the narrator's favorite "hero" in eighth grade?
(a) Dr. Woolverstein.
(b) Mrs. Portnoy.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
11. How old was the Monkey when she arrived in New York?
12. What is one of the books the narrator buys for the Monkey?
(a) The Kama Sutra.
(b) The Grapes of Wrath.
(c) Das Kampf.
(d) Animal Farm.
13. What does the Monkey threaten to do if the narrator won't marry her?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Shoot herself.
(d) Jump off the balcony.
14. What does the doctor tell the young Alex that he has?
(a) A broken arm.
(b) Osgood Shlatterer's Disease.
(c) Archibald Schlotze Disease.
15. Who had the Monkey previously married?
(a) A French chef.
(b) A French industrialist.
(c) A Jewish architect.
(d) An Italian painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Kay from?
2. What does the narrator feel after his experience with a woman the first time?
3. Who wrote the essay, "The Most Prevalent Form of Degradation in Erotic Life"?
4. Where does the narrator worry his picture will show up when he's sneaking into the strip club?
5. How long was the narrator with the Monkey?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)