|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the narrator attended meetings with his future brother-in-law?
(a) The Veterans of Foreign Wars.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The American Veterans Committee.
(d) The Bund Society.
2. What was the narrator's IQ at age 12?
3. What feature does the narrator hate of his own?
(a) His nose.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His arms.
(d) His lips.
4. What does Bubbles call the narrator before he leaves?
5. What had the Monkey once been?
(a) A painter.
(b) A prostitute.
(c) A writer.
(d) A model.
6. Who was the narrator's girl friend at Antioch?
(a) Mary Jane Reed.
(b) Andrea Williams.
(c) Kay Campbell.
(d) Jessica Warren.
7. What is the name of the woman whom the narrator dates in Connecticut?
(a) Mary Ann Williams.
(b) Sarah Abbott Maulsby.
(c) Elizabeth Stewart.
(d) Jennifer McCathers.
8. What does Bubbles' father do for a living?
(a) Drives a truck.
(b) Works in the circus.
(c) Drives a bus.
(d) Drives a taxi.
9. What does the doctor tell the young Alex that he has?
(a) Osgood Shlatterer's Disease.
(b) A broken arm.
(c) Archibald Schlotze Disease.
10. What will "take you for all you're worth and leave you in the gutter," according to the protagonist's parents?
(a) A wife.
(b) A blondie.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A Jewish girl.
11. What happened to Bubbles, according to Babalu?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) She got married.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) She died of syphillis.
12. How long was the narrator with the Monkey?
(a) Ten months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
13. What college does the Monkey pick up an application for?
14. What does the Monkey fantasize about on the drive back after their trip?
(a) Being in movies.
(b) Being a prostitute.
(c) Being a writer.
(d) Being a grown-up.
15. How old was the narrator in 1950?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl whom the protagonist has his first sexual experience?
2. What kind of car did the narrator and Monkey rent on their trip?
3. What is one of the books the narrator buys for the Monkey?
4. Who wrote the essay, "The Most Prevalent Form of Degradation in Erotic Life"?
5. When did the narrator go home to visit his college girlfriend's family?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)