|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say doesn't grow on trees in Chapter 4?
2. What non-kosher food does the narrator have for dinner while out with his sister?
3. The narrator refers, in Chapter 4, to his father being "a real Jewish" what?
4. What happened to the intellectual journals the protagonist sent to his father?
(a) They were burned.
(b) They were thrown out.
(c) They were put in the library.
(d) They were mailed back.
5. Where does the narrator live with his family in his childhood?
(a) New York.
6. How does the narrator accidentally refer to the analyst as in Chapter 4, Part 2?
(a) Your Honor.
(d) Dr. Freud.
7. What is the term the narrator uses to mean "spank?"
8. Where did the narrator's father take him once a month when he was young?
(a) The shvitz bath.
(b) The butcher.
(c) Coney Island.
(d) The grocery store.
9. What was in the letter that Ronald Nimkin left as his final words to his mother?
(a) That he was gay.
(b) That he hated her.
(c) To bring the mah-jongg rules to the game tonight.
(d) That it was her fault he killed himself.
10. How old is the narrator in the present in Chapter 4, part 2?
11. The narrator claims in Chapter 4 that he brings his parents nothing but what?
12. What sport is the narrator obsessed with?
13. What does the narrator's father sell?
(b) Vacuum cleaners.
14. What is the title of Chapter 4?
(a) Woman Crazy.
(c) Cunt Crazy.
(d) Totally Crazy.
15. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate in life?
(a) Walter Winchell.
(b) Billy Rose.
(c) William Rockefeller.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell his parents he has which makes him spend so much time in the bathroom?
2. What does the narrator's father accuse his son-in-law of being?
3. What is the narrator's uncle's name?
4. How does the narrator's mother say that Melvin Weiner gave himself colitis?
5. Who is the narrator sitting next to on the bus in Chapter 4?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)