|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boy who the narrator talks of having committed suicide?
(a) James Schwartz.
(b) Ronald Nimkin.
(c) Andrew Sparks.
(d) Wilbur Schwartzman.
2. What is the name of the narrator's sister's husband?
3. What is the name of the narrator's father's coworker who bamboozled his mother into eating lobster?
4. Where does the narrator live with his family in his childhood?
(a) New York.
5. Of what faith is the narrator's family?
6. What is the one topic the narrator says is the only thing to which his father can "sink his teeth?"
(a) The theater.
(b) The New Jersey Turnpike.
(c) The news.
(d) Life insurance.
7. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate in life?
(a) Dwight Eisenhower.
(b) William Rockefeller.
(c) Walter Winchell.
(d) Billy Rose.
8. What sport is the narrator obsessed with?
9. What is the principle ailment of the narrator's father?
10. What was the narrator's mother called in high school?
11. Where is the narrator's uncle's store?
(a) The Bronx.
(c) Jersey City.
12. How old is the narrator's previous girlfriend when they broke up?
13. What does the narrator say is "very funny on the stage--but not to live it"?
(a) The macabre.
(b) The parents.
14. Who does the narrator now work for in Chapter 4, Part 2?
(a) The New York Bar Association.
(b) The DA's office.
(c) The Police Commissioner.
(d) The Mayor.
15. What does the narrator use like it "grows in trees" according to his father?
(d) Toilet paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What non-kosher food does the narrator have for dinner while out with his sister?
2. What does the narrator's mother do when he does something wrong?
3. What is the term used for a non-Jewish girl?
4. How old was the narrator when he broke his knee?
5. What is all the unconscious can do, according to Freud?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)