|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator's father sell?
(d) Vacuum cleaners.
2. What does the narrator say he's the son in?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A hell.
(c) A Jewish joke.
(d) A Polish joke.
3. What beach does the narrator's family stay at during the summers?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) Bradley Beach.
(c) Neptune Beach.
(d) Atlantic City.
4. What is the narrator's mother's name?
5. What kind of grades does the young narrator make?
(a) All Fs.
(b) All Cs.
(c) All As.
(d) All Ds.
6. What is the narrator's sister's married name?
7. How many Christian children are in the high school where the narrator attends?
8. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) The High Life.
(c) The War Chamber.
(d) The Jewish Blues.
9. How old was the narrator when he broke his knee?
10. What is the name of the narrator's sister's husband?
11. What does the narrator say that with sex the human imagination runs to?
(c) The nth level.
12. Where does the narrator live with his family in his childhood?
(b) New York.
13. How old is the narrator in the present in Chapter 4, part 2?
14. Of what faith is the narrator's family?
15. What do the neighborhood women play with the narrator's mother?
(c) Trivial Pursuit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator keep hidden in the basement for the purpose of pleasuring himself?
2. What was the name of the boy who the narrator talks of having committed suicide?
3. What did the narrator eat that was his sister's?
4. What is the name of the narrator's father's coworker who bamboozled his mother into eating lobster?
5. Who does the narrator's father hold up as someone to emulate in life?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)