* The narrator (Alex) begins this chapter, and the book, with an outright statement of how obsessed he was with his mother when he was a child.
* He contrasts his two parents, describing his perpetually constipated, ambitious, disappointed, disappointing, increasingly embittered father.
* Alex then refers to his superficially perfect, image-obsessed, subconsciously racist, socially competitive mother.
* He also comments on how she would lock him out of the house every time he did something serious that she did not like.
* As he narrates his story his words reveal that he is thirty-three years old and an Orthodox Jew.
* His words also reveal that he is speaking to a doctor, that he is highly educated with a large vocabulary, and that he is speaking from a deeply ironic well of bitterness, confusion, and frustration with his family.
* This chapter introduces Alex's principal concern--his obsession with masturbation.
* He describes in...
This section contains 1,905 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)