Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King believe about writers who are too busy to read?
2. What action does King believe a writer should take with respect to grammar?
3. In order to ignore a grammar rule, what does King believe must be observed?
4. What advice does King give on paragraphs?
5. Why does King emphasize the importance of reading?
What factors in King's childhood and young adulthood influenced his writing? Was King's brother Dave an important influence in King's writing career? Which factors determined the type of writing he does? Give specific examples from the book to support your claims.
King states that good writers can improve, but bad writers will never be good writers.How can good writers improve? Why won't bad writers improve? Cite reasons from the text to support your argument.
King claims that in order to be a good writer, you must read. Why does King believe reading to be important to a writer? What does he say about writers who don't read? Cite reasons from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)