Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King believe about writers who are too busy to read?
2. What action does King believe a writer should take with respect to grammar?
3. In order to ignore a grammar rule, what does King believe must be observed?
4. What advice does King give on paragraphs?
5. Why does King emphasize the importance of reading?
When King says there are some elements of writing that are highly unexplainable, what is he trying to say? King also claims writing is magic. What evidence can you find in the book, On Writing, that writing is magic? Defend your answer with specific examples from the text.
King claims all writers need a 'toolbox'. Why is a toolbox important for a writer? What should the toolbox contain? How can a writer improve his toolbox according to King? Use specific answers from the book to explain your answer.
King states that good writers can improve, but bad writers will never be good writers.How can good writers improve? Why won't bad writers improve? Cite reasons from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)