|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which speaker attributes does King find acceptable for the majority of dialogue?
2. If used correctly, King believes that dialogue could be what object for a writer?
3. How many words a day does King try to produce?
4. What is unusual about the character Annie Wilkes?
5. What are King's feelings on grammar study?
Essay Topic 1
When King says there are some elements of writing that are highly unexplainable, what is he trying to say? King also claims writing is magic. What evidence can you find in the book, On Writing, that writing is magic? Defend your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What was the single most important factor in King's early success in his writing career? Back up your statements with illustrations from the book, On Writing.
Essay Topic 3
What conclusions can you draw from King's statements about a writer having his own space in which to work? What alternatives are there for those people who want to write but find it impossible to obtain a space in their living quarters?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)