|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King believe about writers who are too busy to read?
2. According to King, what characteristics should all characters possess?
3. According to King, what is the best technique to use with description?
4. There is another element in the making of a good writer according to King's statements. What is it?
5. According to King, which element of a novel is less important than aspiring writers might believe?
Essay Topic 1
What factors led to the publication of Carrie? Why do you think the novel was a success? Use ideas from the text to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
What factors in King's childhood and young adulthood influenced his writing? Was King's brother Dave an important influence in King's writing career? Which factors determined the type of writing he does? Give specific examples from the book to support your claims.
Essay Topic 3
Based on the book, On Writing, what is the most important item in the writer's toolbox? Why is this important? Support your argument with ideas from the text.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)