Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King believe about writers who are too busy to read?
2. What action does King believe a writer should take with respect to grammar?
3. In order to ignore a grammar rule, what does King believe must be observed?
4. What advice does King give on paragraphs?
5. Why does King emphasize the importance of reading?
Essay Topic 1
When King says there are some elements of writing that are highly unexplainable, what is he trying to say? King also claims writing is magic. What evidence can you find in the book, On Writing, that writing is magic? Defend your answer with specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
What changes was King forced to make in his writing life after his accident? Did this affect the amount or quality of his work? How did it affect his feelings about his work? Explain your answer based on the book, On Writing.
Essay Topic 3
King claims that in order to be a good writer, you must read. Why does King believe reading to be important to a writer? What does he say about writers who don't read? Cite reasons from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)