Short Answer Key
1. What kind of a book is On Writing?
Part biography and part how-to.
2. What is the first chapter, C.V., about?
Stories from King's childhood related to how he became a writer.
3. What is one reason for reading the book, On Writing?
It provides inspiration.
4. How can the book, On Writing, be described?
Poignant, educated and inspiring.
5. What does one of King's babysitters do to him?
Feeds him too many eggs and then locks him in a closet.
6. Why does King miss his first year of school?
Because of chronic ear and throat infections.
7. When does King begin to write stories?
During his first year of school.
8. What does King remember about his childhood with his brother Dave?
9. On one of their expeditions, King and his brother meet an unexpected enemy. What is this enemy?...
This section contains 2,907 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)