|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If used correctly, King believes that dialogue could be what object for a writer?
(a) A strong tool in the writer's toolbox.
(b) The least important tool in the writer's toolbox.
(c) A helpful tool like a monologue.
(d) A clever device used by the writer when necessary.
2. What is one reason for reading the book, On Writing?
(a) It provides a formats for writers.
(b) It provides King's views on other writer's formulas for success.
(c) It provides inspiration.
(d) It provides a discussion of King's famous works.
3. Where is the cloth mentioned in King's image located within the image?
(a) Lying on the floor.
(b) Under the cage.
(c) Draped over a chair.
(d) Beside the first object.
4. According to King, what should dialogue represent?
(a) Dialogue should stress the best conversational ability of the characters.
(b) Normal speech.
(c) Conversation between characters.
(d) Speech written as we hear it, i.e. Whatcha ya doin'?
5. Why does King miss his first year of school?
(a) Because of his father.
(b) Because of chronic ear and throat infections.
(c) Because his mother homeschools him.
(d) Because he moves too many times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, C.V., King makes a discovery about writing. What is this discovery?
2. Whom does King meet while in college?
3. How many specific facts are provided by King about the entire image in the second chapter?
4. Where does King discover horror stories?
5. How does King use theme in his novels?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)