|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which speaker attributes does King find acceptable for the majority of dialogue?
(a) Those which use active verbs.
(b) Whichever ones are necessary to convey the meaning of the scene.
(c) The basic 'he said', 'she said'.
(d) Clever ones that break up the monotony of the 'he said', 'she said' routine.
2. In order to ignore a grammar rule, what does King believe must be observed?
(b) A new rule must be created.
(c) An explanation must be given to the reader.
(d) It must be done properly.
3. What kind of stories does King particularly enjoy?
(a) Stories by O. Henry.
(b) Humorous stories by Mark Twain.
(c) Mystery stories by Arthur Conan Doyle.
(d) Horror stories by Edgar Allen Poe.
4. What number appears in King's image?
(a) It is not specified.
(b) The number seven.
(c) The number three.
(d) The number 24/7.
5. What is the location of the first item mentioned in the image?
(a) Over a counter.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In a chair.
(d) On a table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are King's feelings on grammar study?
2. According to King, what characteristic should a writer's space have?
3. What happens to Carrie when King sends it off to the publisher?
4. King also suggests limiting speaker attributes. What are speaker attributes?
5. In the chapter, Toolbox, what advice does King give the reader?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)