|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the character Annie Wilkes?
(a) She is a good person doing evil deeds.
(b) She maintains her good qualities while committing her sins.
(c) She is a psychopath with redeeming qualities.
(d) Her prisoner finds her sympathetic.
2. What does King believe is necessary to create strong characters?
(a) The reader should have no problem identifying the good characters from the bad ones.
(b) They should be multidimensional.
(c) They should be clearly defined but interesting.
(d) They should be clearly defined by their actions.
3. Where on the animal is something unusual attached?
(a) On its side.
(b) On its back.
(c) On its foot.
(d) On a collar around its neck.
4. What does the King brothers' newspaper contain?
(a) Stories told to King about his family.
(b) Family and neighborhood news.
(c) Local gossip and family news.
(d) Stories about family members.
5. According to King, what is the most important tool for a writer?
(b) An excellent computer.
(c) Good typing skills.
(d) Lots of notes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What number appears in King's image?
2. How does King describe the image discussed in chapter two?
3. Why does King miss his first year of school?
4. King gives the example of John Grisham as a writer. What does he say about Grisham?
5. How did King describe the cloth's appearance in his image?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)