|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through On Writing.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King paint the main character from The Dead Zone?
(a) He is evil but loving.
(b) He is too perfect.
(c) As a nice, normal boy who is flawed.
(d) He has his flaws and is thoroughly evil.
2. According to King, what characteristics should all characters possess?
(a) Evil characteristics as well as good ones.
(b) Characteristics that make the reader sympathetic.
(c) Characteristics which make them seem perfect.
(d) Endearing qualities.
3. How could the object King's uncle inherits be described?
(a) Big but light.
(b) Large and open.
(c) Large and hard to carry around.
(d) Small and light.
4. What does King consider to be the best tool in making a writer?
(b) Taking writing courses in different genres.
(c) Going to writers' retreats.
(d) Practice writing.
5. How does King feel about writers improving their work?
(a) He feels a good writer can become an excellent writer, but a bad writer will always be bad.
(b) He believes writers improve their work through experience.
(c) He is sure only good writers can successfully improve their writing.
(d) He believes bad writers can become good writers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The image in the second chapter is King's way of demonstrating to the readers his idea of _____.
2. How does King state he feels about writing for money?
3. What is the name of the second chapter of this book?
4. What does the second chapter open with King presenting to the reader?
5. According to King, which element of a novel is less important than aspiring writers might believe?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)