Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Often, photographs are offered as evidence that something occurred at a certain time.
Part 1: Why do you think photographs are thought to be so definitive?
Part 2: How do you think photographs should be used in everyday life?
Part 3: Do you think something is real when you have a picture of it? Why or why not?
Photographs can capture beauty in all things, even things which are not supposed to be conventionally beautiful.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of beauty? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important for some to capture images of beauty?
Part 3: How do beautiful images affect those who look at them? Why?
In its beginnings, photography was thought to be unnatural and disgraceful, though it eventually grew accepted and then revered.
Part 1: Why do you think photography was once thought to be unnatural?
Part 2: Why do you think the attitude toward photography changed over the years?
Part 3: In what ways is photography unnatural today? Why?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)