|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern photography seems to admit that __________ is the sum total of all art in photography.
2. Photographs cannot ___________ of something and are therefore obviously reproductive or mimetic.
3. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
4. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
5. Most continue to claim that photography is entirely _________, according to the research of Sontag.
Essay Topic 1
Whitman strove to see what was similar in all beings as opposed to what was unique about people, it seems.
Part 1: Do you think people are unique or are we all the same? Why or why not?
Part 2: How does the perception of the world change when you realize all people are the same?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important to see similarities among people? Or isn't it?
Essay Topic 2
Often, photographs are offered as evidence that something occurred at a certain time.
Part 1: Why do you think photographs are thought to be so definitive?
Part 2: How do you think photographs should be used in everyday life?
Part 3: Do you think something is real when you have a picture of it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Photography brings up a lot of emotions and reactions from those who take photos and from those who look at photographs.
Part 1: Why do you think photography creates such intense reactions in those who view it?
Part 2: Why do you think Sontag is so passionate about photography and spreading knowledge about it?
Part 3: How do you think photography hold so much power over those who view it and those who take pictures?
This section contains 1,425 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)