|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of film did Antonioni make about the Chinese culture and family life?
2. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
3. The Chinese government denounced Antonioni's film as anti-Chinese and anti-___________.
4. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
5. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
Essay Topic 1
False photography becomes another important concern in the art of photography, with false caption being included on some photographs.
Part 1: Why do you think some photographers use false captions with their photographs?
Part 2: Do you think it's 'right' to use captions which falsely describe a photograph? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the photograph changes when a false caption is used?
Essay Topic 2
Sontag makes a bold supposition that some artists create their works only to be photographed.
Part 1: Do you think an artist would only create something in order to get its picture taken?
Part 2: Why do you think artists create their pieces to begin with?
Part 3: Do you agree with Sontag's idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Sontag makes the statement that in a person being photographed in a sexual way, it's almost as if it's a violation or a rape.
Part 1: Why do you think a photograph might be like a rape?
Part 2: What happens if a person consents to having their picture taken? Is that still a 'rape' of sorts? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel violated when someone takes a picture of you? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,428 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)