Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Sontag points out that most people either have a camera or have access to a camera, making them hard to avoid these days.
Part 1: Why do you think people are so interested in having cameras around?
Part 2: Do you have a camera? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think cameras will be more or less important as the years go on? Why?
Sontag also points out that some photographers are moralists, trying to identify a world vision.
Part 1: How do you think photographers are moralists? How does this label work?
Part 2: Why is it important to identify a world vision? Or isn't it?
Part 3: Is photography necessary in order to understand morality? Why or why not?
Photography brings up a lot of emotions and reactions from those who take photos and from those who look at photographs.
Part 1: Why do you think photography creates such intense reactions in those who view it?
Part 2: Why do you think Sontag is so passionate about photography and spreading knowledge about it?
Part 3: How do you think photography hold so much power over those who view it and those who take pictures?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)