Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Essay Topic 1
Whitman strove to look beyond beauty and ugliness into the essential value of a person or object, something that photography can do as well.
Part 1: How do you define beauty in this world? Why?
Part 2: How do you define ugliness in this world? Why?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to look beyond ugliness and beauty? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Photographs can be made to speak with the help of captions beside them, but are these captions always necessary?
Part 1: Why do you think it's necessary to include captions with photographs?
Part 2: How do you think the photograph is changed by the introduction of captions?
Part 3: Do you think captions are necessary to include with pictures? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Whitman strove to see what was similar in all beings as opposed to what was unique about people, it seems.
Part 1: Do you think people are unique or are we all the same? Why or why not?
Part 2: How does the perception of the world change when you realize all people are the same?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important to see similarities among people? Or isn't it?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)