Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Essay Topic 1
Often, photographs are offered as evidence that something occurred at a certain time.
Part 1: Why do you think photographs are thought to be so definitive?
Part 2: How do you think photographs should be used in everyday life?
Part 3: Do you think something is real when you have a picture of it? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Photography offers the viewer a chance to look upon others, without being judged for looking.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good thing for people to look upon others through pictures? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think the ability to be a voyeur affects the person who is looking at the picture?
Part 3: Why do you think people feel safer looking at pictures than looking at the subject in real life?
Essay Topic 3
Diane Arbus took pictures of people in society who might be considered freaks, something Sontag seems to judge.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of 'freaks'?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in the Arbus pictures? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you agree that those who are not 'normal' as defined by society are freaks? Why or why not?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)