Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Essay Topic 1
Whitman strove to look beyond beauty and ugliness into the essential value of a person or object, something that photography can do as well.
Part 1: How do you define beauty in this world? Why?
Part 2: How do you define ugliness in this world? Why?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to look beyond ugliness and beauty? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
According to Sontag, painting favors beautiful items while photography favors less than attractive objects.
Part 1: Why do you think painting is used for beautiful items?
Part 2: Do you think painting can only be used for beautiful things? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that photography focuses only on those things which are less attractive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Farm Security Administration once did a photography project which sought to capture the 'common' man
Part 1: How do you define the idea of a common man? Is this definable?
Part 2: Why is it important to document that image of a common man? Or isn't it?
Part 3: How can images of what is common change the way the world works?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)