Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Essay Topic 1
False photography becomes another important concern in the art of photography, with false caption being included on some photographs.
Part 1: Why do you think some photographers use false captions with their photographs?
Part 2: Do you think it's 'right' to use captions which falsely describe a photograph? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the photograph changes when a false caption is used?
Essay Topic 2
Sontag makes a bold supposition that some artists create their works only to be photographed.
Part 1: Do you think an artist would only create something in order to get its picture taken?
Part 2: Why do you think artists create their pieces to begin with?
Part 3: Do you agree with Sontag's idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Diane Arbus took pictures of people in society who might be considered freaks, something Sontag seems to judge.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of 'freaks'?
Part 2: Do you think there is value in the Arbus pictures? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you agree that those who are not 'normal' as defined by society are freaks? Why or why not?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)