|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Essay Topic 1
Sontag makes a bold supposition that some artists create their works only to be photographed.
Part 1: Do you think an artist would only create something in order to get its picture taken?
Part 2: Why do you think artists create their pieces to begin with?
Part 3: Do you agree with Sontag's idea? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In its beginnings, photography was thought to be unnatural and disgraceful, though it eventually grew accepted and then revered.
Part 1: Why do you think photography was once thought to be unnatural?
Part 2: Why do you think the attitude toward photography changed over the years?
Part 3: In what ways is photography unnatural today? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Whitman strove to see what was similar in all beings as opposed to what was unique about people, it seems.
Part 1: Do you think people are unique or are we all the same? Why or why not?
Part 2: How does the perception of the world change when you realize all people are the same?
Part 3: Why do you think it's important to see similarities among people? Or isn't it?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)