Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Photographs can capture beauty in all things, even things which are not supposed to be conventionally beautiful.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of beauty? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important for some to capture images of beauty?
Part 3: How do beautiful images affect those who look at them? Why?
Photography brings up a lot of emotions and reactions from those who take photos and from those who look at photographs.
Part 1: Why do you think photography creates such intense reactions in those who view it?
Part 2: Why do you think Sontag is so passionate about photography and spreading knowledge about it?
Part 3: How do you think photography hold so much power over those who view it and those who take pictures?
In Plato's cave, the prisoners are only able to see the shadows of what is real, not the actual objects.
Part 1: Why do you think Sontag used this image to begin a discussion of photography?
Part 2: How would life be different if you could only see shadows?
Part 3: Do you think you'd like a world in which all you saw were the shadows? Why or why not?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)