Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Photography offers the viewer a chance to look upon others, without being judged for looking.
Part 1: Do you think it's a good thing for people to look upon others through pictures? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you think the ability to be a voyeur affects the person who is looking at the picture?
Part 3: Why do you think people feel safer looking at pictures than looking at the subject in real life?
Photographs can capture beauty in all things, even things which are not supposed to be conventionally beautiful.
Part 1: How do you define the idea of beauty? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think it's important for some to capture images of beauty?
Part 3: How do beautiful images affect those who look at them? Why?
Photographs can be made to speak with the help of captions beside them, but are these captions always necessary?
Part 1: Why do you think it's necessary to include captions with photographs?
Part 2: How do you think the photograph is changed by the introduction of captions?
Part 3: Do you think captions are necessary to include with pictures? Why or why not?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)