|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A photograph is reliable as it is contrived through a __________, hence putatively reliable, process.
2. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
3. In general, modern photography claims that the ___________ is irrelevant within the picture's creation.
4. The __________ are not the same between painting and photography, though the devotion may be.
5. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
(a) Is photography art?
(b) Does the subject exist?
(c) Does art matter?
(d) How is photography real?
Short Answer Questions
1. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
2. __________ is difficult, tedious, and performed by skilled experts, according to Sontag in this book.
3. The Chinese government denounced Antonioni's film as anti-Chinese and anti-___________.
4. At times in the photography movement, the __________ is considered important while at other times it is not.
5. The question becomes whether photography is a ___________ process of documentation via machine, or not.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)