|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The reaction to the film in China is illustrative of an essential ____________ difference in the way that photography is understood.
2. Photographs are clearly superior at recording information in comparison to __________.
3. By __________, photography became an acceptable part of modern day life, according to the book.
4. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
5. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
(d) Digital cameras.
Short Answer Questions
1. Collecting photographs is easy. What is NOT one of the reasons for the ease of collecting photographs, according to this chapter?
2. Photography is published in books with _______ of white space and precise layouts, making it seem artistic.
3. What is the question plaguing most photographic theory of the 1970s, according to Sontag in this chapter?
4. Although one cannot possess all of _____________, one can possess images.
5. In 1839, photography was briefly attacked as something ___________ and disgraceful, according to the book.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)