|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By __________, photography became an acceptable part of modern day life, according to the book.
2. Just like painting and other forms of art, photography has had various ____________.
3. Photographs are also displayed in ___________ as paintings are for others to see and to experience.
(d) Photo albums.
4. In later times, photography came to be viewed as an art, then as a high art, and today it is esteemed as a modern __________.
(b) High art.
(c) Young art.
(d) Rich art.
5. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. An audience cares about the subject being photographed, yet wants little to do with the _______________.
2. Within photography have also been loosely organized __________, though not as strong as painting has had.
3. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
4. "For the modernist promotion of naive art always contains a _______; that one continue to honor its hidden claim to sophistication."
5. In a sense, according to Sontag, photography actually helps to ____________ beauty as society defines it.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)