|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What art has had to struggle to become a high art, though others have not had to work as hard to get to that title?
2. Both painting and photography share a devotion to traditional __________ within their finished pieces.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. Photographs are presented as sophisticated ____________, though they are made with little more than a click of a button.
5. The collection of photographs is carried to the extreme in ____________, where these images are horded.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, modern photography claims that the ___________ is irrelevant within the picture's creation.
2. Cartier-Bresson, in the introduction of his book, justified his unwillingness to use _________ by citing technical limitations.
3. ___________ often reveal beauty that is not normally seen, according to Sontag in this chapter.
4. However, photography can also make truly beautiful things seem _________, according to Sontag.
5. Another method of falsifying photographs is to falsely __________ them, according to Sontag's findings.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)