|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
2. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(c) Looking at.
3. Photographs become ______________; they record the injuries time does to objects.
4. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
5. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
(b) Dark corners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus made everybody look ________________ when she took her photographs.
2. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
3. Like modern art, according to Sontag, photography lowers ___________ in those who view it.
4. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
5. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Whitman's cultural and social influence, coined Whitmanesque, according to the text?
2. How does photography encourage voyeurism in those who look at photographs?
3. What was the goal of the Farm Service Administration photographic project in 1935 as described in this chapter?
4. What do photographs of the same subject over the course of many years show about this person or this item?
5. How was "Family of Man" an opposite representation of what Whitman was trying to saw about humanity?
6. What has photography established, according to Sontag in this chapter in relation to how objects are seen?
7. What does Susan Sontag suggest that photography has made society do in relation to reality?
8. On what other artistic areas does photography impose standards according to Sontag in this chapter?
9. How does surrealism look at wealth, which is the same way that photography seems to look at wealth?
10. Are people with children more or less likely to own a camera, according to Sontag's own findings?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)