|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
2. Whose technique is considered to be impeccable, according to this chapter of the book?
3. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
4. What kind of photographer is interested in the picturesque when he/she is taking photographs?
(d) South American.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
6. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
7. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(d) Superficial distinctions.
8. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
9. Surrealism, like photography, seeks to look at ___________ objects, according to those who deem them so.
10. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Loyalty of Plato.
(b) The Republic of Plato.
(c) Plato's Republic.
(d) Plato's Cave.
11. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
12. Photography, like other surrealist arts, is itself ___________ and yet it is transitory, according to Sontag.
(c) Frozen in time.
13. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(b) All humans.
(c) The world's darkness.
14. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
15. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
Short Answer Questions
1. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
2. A photograph can only convey ____________of something, but gives no real information about the subject.
3. What kind of photographer is interested in the awakening consciousness?
4. Arbus' pictures were presented as _____________, even though the content at the time was not considered so.
5. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)