|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
2. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
3. What might separate the whole of humanity, according to Whitman in this chapter of this book?
(b) Superficial distinctions.
4. The project with the FSA was enormously influential in depicting to America the __________ face of man and his struggles.
5. Photography seems to establish what is worth __________ and what should be in a photograph.
(a) Looking at.
6. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
7. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
8. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(b) Closing their eyes.
9. Whitman wanted others to realize that the _____________ was a part of the universal.
10. Photography is a ___________ experience because cameras are cheap, readily available, and easy to use.
11. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
12. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) The Loyalty of Plato.
(b) Plato's Cave.
(c) The Republic of Plato.
(d) Plato's Republic.
13. Camera use is especially pronounced in tourists who come from cultures that stress activity and ______________.
14. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
15. Some photographers are ___________, seeking to document and visually examine the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arbus simply strove to present the subjects of her photographs as ____________ to the viewers.
2. Whitman sought in his work to find _____________ between the differences which exist.
3. Unlike what the previous parts of the chapter say, Sontag goes on to say that photography can inform ____________.
4. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
5. Whitman's view was challenged and entirely defeated mostly by accident by ________________.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)