|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward Steichen photographed __________ objects to demonstrate technique and insight within photography.
2. What is NOT one of the things Sontag points out that photography seeks to look at?
(d) Social abjection.
3. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(a) High income.
(d) Low income.
4. The camera can be used to intrude a form of _______ into leisure, within some cultures.
5. What movement is capricious and inadvertent, according to Sontag?
6. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
7. Whitman's idea was to look beyond the idea of __________ and of ugliness to see more in the world.
8. The program with the FSA resulted in political and social _________ being placed on the rural poor.
9. Whitman wanted people to begin to see that they needed to accept the _________ within the society.
10. What picture of Steichen's was composed of portraiture that showed the universal in the individual?
(a) Family of Man.
(b) Family of the Universal.
(c) Family of All.
(d) Family of One.
11. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) The Republic of Plato.
(c) Plato's Republic.
(d) The Loyalty of Plato.
12. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
13. Photography presupposes that _____________ can be a comprehensible totality, according to Sontag.
14. Surrealism seeks to document and to reconnoiter ___________, much in the same way that photography does.
15. Eventually, according to this chapter, _______________ will be photographed.
(a) All humans.
(d) The world's darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alfred Stieglitz produced photographs which supported Whitman's ideas, termed euphoric _____________.
2. What was the profession or the career choice for Whitman during his time in the world?
3. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
4. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
5. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)