|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Photographic Evangels.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his photographs, Steichen gave ___________ material importance according to Sontag.
2. The FSA project took pictures of __________ groups living in rural areas and experiencing rural problems.
(a) High income.
(b) Low income.
3. As the text says, "Hobbesian man roams the streets, quite visible, with ____________ in his hair."
(b) A ribbon.
4. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(a) Touched others in the event.
(d) Been a success.
5. The art of taking documentary photographs instead of helping a situation is a tacit ____________ that whatever is going on should keep on happening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Diane Arbus is discussed as having been one to photograph the ____________ of society.
2. Photography has become a bit of a surrealist art, not a/an __________ art, but close to it, according to Sontag.
3. The main question becomes whether photography is a high art or if it is merely a __________ reproduction by a machine.
4. The photographic __________ need not capture or immortalize transient defects, as it was now seen in society.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)