|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Melancholy Objects.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The camera's drive toward enabling _______________ use promotes the use of photography as a means of pornography.
2. What is NOT one of the groups of people that Arbus photographed during her career?
3. To Whitman, the ___________ was important and it was critical to accept this truth.
4. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
5. A photograph seems to be taken in order to guarantee that the event has actually ___________.
(b) Touched others in the event.
(c) Been a success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Photographs do not create ___________ but they reinforce existing morality, according to Sontag.
2. Whitman strove to argue that the world should be seen as a ______________ whole, welded together.
3. Some photographers are _________, seeking to clarify or to identify a world vision.
4. Arbus presented her subjects as ______________ who were a part of the universal, the opposite of Whitman's ideas.
5. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)