|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Plato's Cave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
2. As a result of being considered to be documentation, photographs yield a _______ that no other art form can yield.
3. Photographs appropriate place and identity by the act of _________ reproduction, according to Sontag.
4. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
5. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(d) Real objects.
Short Answer Questions
1. In large measure, photography has replaced experiential interaction with __________, according to the book.
2. Photographs also warp our sense of _________ as they are always minute in comparison to the real object.
3. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
4. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
5. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)