Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through America, Seen Through Photographs, Darkly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Photography idealizes subjects and makes ________ of people who are in the photographs.
2. ________ Whitman is the focus of this chapter, even though he was not a photographer in his time.
3. Photography often makes the photographer incapable of _____________ - one can either document or do something else.
(c) Closing their eyes.
4. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(a) Real world.
5. Photography also establishes what is allowable as an object of ____________, according to Sontag.
Short Answer Questions
1. People with _________ are more likely to have cameras than people who do not have them.
2. In relation to sexuality, the very act of photography infers a perverse ________________.
3. Arbus admitted to the fact that her own work violated her own ______________ because of its content.
4. Whitman believed humanity was welded together in _________________ instead of separated from each other.
5. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)