1. What was the name of the story to which the name of this chapter refers?
(a) Plato's Cave.
(b) The Loyalty of Plato.
(c) Plato's Republic.
(d) The Republic of Plato.
2. The cave allegory speaks of __________ chained to a wall within the story itself.
3. What is the only thing the people in the cave who are chained to the wall can see?
4. What are the shadows in the cave shadows of, according to the book?
(c) Real objects.
5. The prisoners in the cave see only shadows, and thus believe those shadows are the totality of ____________.
(a) Their families.
(c) Their days.
(d) Their food.
6. Photography has made the world unable to perceive the _________ beyond the photograph, according to Sontag.
(b) Real world.
7. In what year was photography invented, according to Sontag's research as outlined in this book?
This section contains 3,525 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)