|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is the virtue that Aristotle describes in IV.4 concerned?
2. What two things does Aristotle define as contraries in II.8?
(a) Vice and virtue.
(b) The median and the mean.
(c) The excess and deficiency.
(d) The extremes and the mean.
3. With what is the virtue of generosity concerned, according to Aristotle?
4. For what do praise and blame come about, according to Aristotle in III.1?
(b) Willing actions.
(c) Unwilling actions.
5. According to Aristotle, what is the mean condition between the vices of wastefulness and stinginess?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many types of virtue does Aristotle claim exist at the beginning of Book II?
2. By doing what, in the opinion of Aristotle, does man make himself a certain sort of person?
3. Which of the following is NOT characteristic of Aristotle's magnanimous man?
4. In what does Aristotle say modern comedy consists, in IV.8?
5. According to the Pythagoreans, the good belongs to what?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)