|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
2. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of good things in I.6?
3. With which of the following is politics imminently concerned, as described by Aristotle in I.3?
(a) The nature of justice.
(b) Foreign affairs.
(c) The nature of power.
(d) The codification of law.
4. Which of the following does Aristotle not list as a theory of that by which happiness comes about?
(a) Biological nature.
(b) Divine providence.
5. The attainment of serious moral stature is described by Aristotle in II.9 as being what?
(c) Almost impossible.
(d) Hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of the mean in II.6?
2. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
3. Aristotle states in I.6 that it is nobler to give the higher honor to which of the following?
4. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
5. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)