|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many virtues does magnanimity require, for Aristotle, in order to be in a person?
(a) None of them.
(b) Most of them.
(c) All of them.
(d) Three of them.
2. Which of the following does Aristotle not list as a theory of that by which happiness comes about?
(c) Biological nature.
(d) Divine providence.
3. The irrational part of the soul is said by Aristotle to be how many fold?
4. Who is the source of action, according to Aristotle, of one who acts from spiritedness?
(a) The one who angers the actor.
(b) The actor himself.
(c) The gods.
5. Which of the following does Aristotle explicitly claim is better than acting unjustly in V.11?
(a) Avoiding all injustice.
(b) Justly treating others.
(c) Suffering injustice.
(d) Being treated justly.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what does every action seem to aim, according to Aristotle?
2. With what is the virtue of generosity concerned, according to Aristotle?
3. What causes a distortion to come about in most people, according to the opinion of Aristotle in III.4?
4. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
5. How do lawmakers make citizens good in the opinion of Aristotle?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)