|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The irrational part of the soul is said by Aristotle to be how many fold?
2. With what is temperance principally concerned in the mind of Aristotle?
(b) Intellectual virtue.
(c) Sexual deviance.
3. According to the Pythagoreans, the good belongs to what?
(a) The complicated.
(b) The unlimited.
(c) The limited.
(d) The simple.
4. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
5. With what is the virtue of generosity concerned, according to Aristotle?
Short Answer Questions
1. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of the mean in II.6?
2. With what virtue is III.10 concerned?
3. With which of the following is politics imminently concerned, as described by Aristotle in I.3?
4. At what does every action seem to aim, according to Aristotle?
5. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in excess of the virtue of courage?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)