|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Pythagoreans, the good belongs to what?
(a) The complicated.
(b) The simple.
(c) The unlimited.
(d) The limited.
2. With what virtue is III.10 concerned?
3. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
4. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
5. The irrational part of the soul is said by Aristotle to be how many fold?
Short Answer Questions
1. In contrast to wishing, which is for an end, for what is choosing in Aristotle's philosophical view?
2. In I.12, Aristotle states that praise belongs properly to what?
3. According to Aristotle, what is the mean condition between the vices of wastefulness and stinginess?
4. How many conditions does Aristotle list as necessary for an act to be performed virtuously?
5. Which of the following words least accurately describes the virtue that is the topic of IV.5?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)