|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of person is he who brings food fit for a wedding to a small dinner, according to Aristotle?
2. In I.12, Aristotle states that praise belongs properly to what?
3. What two things does Aristotle define as contraries in II.8?
(a) The median and the mean.
(b) Vice and virtue.
(c) The extremes and the mean.
(d) The excess and deficiency.
4. Aristotle states in I.6 that it is nobler to give the higher honor to which of the following?
(a) One's self.
(b) The state.
(c) The truth.
(d) One's friends.
5. With what is temperance principally concerned in the mind of Aristotle?
(b) Sexual deviance.
(c) Intellectual virtue.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Aristotle's view, the sort of virtue which is concerned with pleasures and pains belongs to what?
2. In contrast to wishing, which is for an end, for what is choosing in Aristotle's philosophical view?
3. In Aristotle's view, what virtue necessarily accompanies or is within the virtue of magnificence?
4. In the opinion of Aristotle, what is the governing and most masterful art under which all others fall, according to I.2?
5. Deliberation is, for Aristotle, principally about the things to be done by whom?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)