|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
(a) The reckless.
(b) The naturally courageous.
(c) The experienced.
(d) The ignorant.
2. The attainment of serious moral stature is described by Aristotle in II.9 as being what?
(a) Hard work.
(d) Almost impossible.
3. How many conditions does Aristotle list as necessary for an act to be performed virtuously?
4. What does Aristotle claim is the most frightening thing in III.6?
(a) Old age.
5. Aristotle states that as a child needs an instructor, so too do the desiring parts of the soul need what?
(d) A body.
Short Answer Questions
1. In I.12, Aristotle states that praise belongs properly to what?
2. What is the difficulty Aristotle cites concerning the praise and blame of the moral quality of the actions of others?
3. What extreme is most comparable to the virtue of courage in the opinion of Aristotle?
4. Aristotle states in I.6 that it is nobler to give the higher honor to which of the following?
5. In how many ways are things called courage according to Aristotle in Book Three?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)