|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what good and aim of politics do people commonly dispute, according to Aristotle?
2. With what virtue is III.10 concerned?
3. Which of the following does Aristotle not list as a feeling that comes to be present in the soul?
4. What two things does Aristotle define as contraries in II.8?
(a) The median and the mean.
(b) The excess and deficiency.
(c) Vice and virtue.
(d) The extremes and the mean.
5. What causes a distortion to come about in most people, according to the opinion of Aristotle in III.4?
(a) The activity of the will.
(b) The action of pleasure.
(c) The action of pain.
(d) The inactivity of the mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Pythagoreans, the good belongs to what?
2. How many conditions does Aristotle list as necessary for an act to be performed virtuously?
3. In how many ways does Aristotle speak of the mean in II.6?
4. According to Aristotle, what is the mean condition between the vices of wastefulness and stinginess?
5. With what two conditions is courage principally concerned, according to Aristotle?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)