|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of men, in Aristotle's observations, are most confident in the various situations of war?
(a) The naturally courageous.
(b) The experienced.
(c) The reckless.
(d) The ignorant.
2. In addition to the life of pleasure and the life of politics, what is the third sort of life that Aristotle mentions?
(a) The life of rebellion.
(b) The life of servitude.
(c) The contemplative life.
(d) The hermetical life.
3. What vice is, according to Aristotle, in deficiency of the virtue of courage?
4. By human excellence, Aristotle means what?
(a) That which belongs to mankind.
(b) That which belongs to the body.
(c) That which belongs to the soul.
(d) That which belongs to the individual.
5. Where is the source of a willing act located, according to Aristotle?
(a) In one's nature.
(b) External to oneself.
(c) In one's disposition.
(d) In oneself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literal prize for boxers, according to Aristotle in III.9?
2. With what is temperance principally concerned in the mind of Aristotle?
3. Aristotle states that as a child needs an instructor, so too do the desiring parts of the soul need what?
4. The attainment of serious moral stature is described by Aristotle in II.9 as being what?
5. What causes a distortion to come about in most people, according to the opinion of Aristotle in III.4?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)