|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what virtue is III.10 concerned?
2. What is the immediate source of action, according to Aristotle in VI.2?
3. Which of the following words least accurately describes the virtue that is the topic of IV.5?
(a) Good temper.
4. Which of the following does Aristotle explicitly claim is better than acting unjustly in V.11?
(a) Being treated justly.
(b) Avoiding all injustice.
(c) Suffering injustice.
(d) Justly treating others.
5. Deliberation is, for Aristotle, principally about the things to be done by whom?
(b) The state.
(d) The community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Aristotle not list as a feeling that comes to be present in the soul?
2. About what, concerning the virtues, might one raise a problem, as Aristotle states in VI.12?
3. Which of the following sort of expenditures does Aristotle NOT consider to be honorably magnificent?
4. Who, in the opinion of Aristotle, is benefited by a stingy person?
5. Concerning generosity, Aristotle says what concerning not taking something offered and giving something away?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)