|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a suitable category, in Aristotle's view, in which to place the feeling of shame?
(a) Conditional values.
2. What is the difficulty Aristotle cites concerning the praise and blame of the moral quality of the actions of others?
(a) Extrapolation of the truth.
(b) Restraint of the masses.
(c) Distance from prejudice.
(d) Judging in relation to the mean.
3. What is the immediate source of action, according to Aristotle in VI.2?
4. Who, in the opinion of Aristotle, is benefited by a stingy person?
(a) No one.
(b) The rich.
5. By doing what, in the opinion of Aristotle, does man make himself a certain sort of person?
Short Answer Questions
1. A buffoon is described by Aristotle in IV.8 as someone who goes to extremes in order to make someone else do what?
2. How many virtues does magnanimity require, for Aristotle, in order to be in a person?
3. What do the natural sorts of active conditions of the human person need, by Aristotle's observations, in order to be used for the good?
4. Without what power of the soul does Aristotle state there cannot be a governing part of the soul?
5. By what is the mean determined, according to Aristotle's analysis in the beginning of Book VI?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)