|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is starting to bother Molly?
2. How is Maelcum injured?
3. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
4. What does Case ask Linda about ten times?
5. What role does Michele play in the trio of cops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
2. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
3. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
4. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
5. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
6. What happens to the Turing agents?
7. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
8. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
9. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
10. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)