|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of room lies beyond the wooden door with the brass plate?
2. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
3. What does Wintermute lack?
4. What could 3Jane's mother not imagine?
5. How does Case know that the Turing police are made to look young through surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
2. What happens to Molly in this chapter? What will Case do about it?
3. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
4. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
5. How is Straylight described to Case?
6. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
7. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
8. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
9. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
10. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)