|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Riviera wearing?
2. Why do Case and Molly go to Chiba?
3. How does Molly activate her night vision?
4. What is Night City not a place for?
5. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
2. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
3. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
4. How is Straylight described to Case?
5. What happens to Molly in this chapter? What will Case do about it?
6. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
7. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
8. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
9. How is Case revived from the dream?
10. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the character of Molly and write an essay about her. Be sure to address:
1) The role Molly plays in other Gibson novels.
2) How her character develops over the course of these novels, and her relationships with other characters.
3) Whether Molly is a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares the love affair of Case and Linda Lee to the relationship of two characters in another novel. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Major similarities, such as tragedy.
2) Whether Case would be happier with a girl like Linda or a girl like Molly.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)