Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case awake to?
2. What is Wintermute now?
3. What enables Case to pilot the Kuang perfectly?
4. What is the <I>Garvey</I>?
5. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the role of prophets in human culture. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Examples of where prophesies have come true, and failed to come true.
2) Whether or not you feel that prophets are valid or credible, with examples.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)