|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Neuromancer have Riviera's eyes?
2. How does Armitage die?
3. Who is Maelcum not to kill?
4. What does Case think is causing the strange things he sees?
5. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Case revived from the dream?
2. What do you think the code word is?
3. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
4. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
5. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
6. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
7. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
8. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
9. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
10. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the technological predictions that William Gibson has for the future. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the technologies described are realistic.
2) The likely impact of these technologies upon society.
3) Whether or not humanity will ultimately be better off with these new technologies.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)