|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is starting 'to go'?
2. What is riding the cart that arrives for Case and Maelcum?
3. Who does Molly first encounter in Straylight?
4. What is Night City not a place for?
5. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Straylight described to Case?
2. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
3. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
4. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
5. What do you think the code word is?
6. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
7. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
8. How is Case revived from the dream?
9. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
10. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains Riviera's relationships with women, and how this personality trait can be seen through his actions in the novel. Be sure to address:
1) Any similarities Riviera has with real-life criminals.
2) How Riviera's actions caused Molly to plot to kill him.
3) The role the Riviera character plays in the novel, i.e., villain, comic relief, etc.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)