Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case awake to?
2. What is Wintermute now?
3. What enables Case to pilot the Kuang perfectly?
4. What is the <I>Garvey</I>?
5. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)