Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case awake to?
2. What is Wintermute now?
3. What enables Case to pilot the Kuang perfectly?
4. What is the <I>Garvey</I>?
5. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the name "Neuromancer," explaining its origin as described in the book. Additional points to address:
1) What is a necromancer, and what is the mythology surrounding the term?
2) Why are nerves and the nervous system so important in the context of the name "Neuromancer"?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)