|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the Turing police speak?
2. What does Case try to get from Armitage before he dies?
3. Who is the white, wasted figure that Case sees through Molly's eyes?
4. How is Maelcum injured?
5. What type of room lies beyond the wooden door with the brass plate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
2. What happens to Molly in this chapter? What will Case do about it?
3. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
4. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
5. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
6. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
7. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
8. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
9. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
10. How is Case revived from the dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of prophets in human culture. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Examples of where prophesies have come true, and failed to come true.
2) Whether or not you feel that prophets are valid or credible, with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)