|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enables Case to pilot the Kuang perfectly?
2. Who does Wintermute appear to Case as in this chapter?
3. Who does Wintermute appear to Armitage as?
4. What is especially horrifying for cowboys?
5. Who does Case summon to comfort him on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
2. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
3. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
4. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
5. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
6. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
7. What do you think the code word is?
8. How is Straylight described to Case?
9. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
10. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)