|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Case brain dead?
2. Who is starting 'to go'?
3. What language do the Turing police speak?
4. What do Case, Flatline, and the virus look like in cyberspace?
5. What does Case try to do when he finds out that he has been tricked after jacking in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
2. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
3. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
4. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
5. How is Case revived from the dream?
6. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. How does Case find strength within himself?
8. What happens to the Turing agents?
9. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
10. What do you think the code word is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)