|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Michele play in the trio of cops?
2. Who killed Marie-France Tessier?
3. What does Molly do to Riviera?
4. What is the name of Molly's old boyfriend?
5. Which character's portrayal by Riviera is not a caricature?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
2. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
3. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
4. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
5. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
6. How is Straylight described to Case?
7. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
8. How does Case find strength within himself?
9. What do you think the code word is?
10. What happens to Molly in this chapter? What will Case do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the technological predictions that William Gibson has for the future. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the technologies described are realistic.
2) The likely impact of these technologies upon society.
3) Whether or not humanity will ultimately be better off with these new technologies.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)