|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maelcum not to kill?
2. How does Case know that the Turing police are made to look young through surgery?
3. What does Case try to do when he finds out that he has been tricked after jacking in?
4. What type of room lies beyond the wooden door with the brass plate?
5. What surprises the Turing police about Case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
2. What happens to the Turing agents?
3. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
4. How is Case tricked in this chapter?
5. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
6. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
7. How is Case revived from the dream?
8. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
9. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
10. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Essay Topic 2
Research the character of Molly and write an essay about her. Be sure to address:
1) The role Molly plays in other Gibson novels.
2) How her character develops over the course of these novels, and her relationships with other characters.
3) Whether Molly is a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)