|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Case up?
2. What does Case see everywhere when he wakes up?
3. Who wants to kill Molly?
4. What is the name of Molly's old boyfriend?
5. Why are there not many Tessier-Ashpools in Straylight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Case revived from the dream?
2. What happens to the Turing agents?
3. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
4. How does Case find strength within himself?
5. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
6. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
7. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
8. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
9. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
10. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing the difference between human nature and the cold calculations of an AI such as Wintermute. Be sure to address:
1) Strategies humans can use against computer opponents.
2) Safety measures that can be taken to avoid a conflict between man and machine.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)