|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long is Case brain dead?
2. What does Case try to get from Armitage before he dies?
3. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
4. What type of room lies beyond the wooden door with the brass plate?
5. What is Riviera wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
2. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
3. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
4. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
5. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
6. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
8. What happens to the Turing agents?
9. What do you think the code word is?
10. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares the love affair of Case and Linda Lee to the relationship of two characters in another novel. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Major similarities, such as tragedy.
2) Whether Case would be happier with a girl like Linda or a girl like Molly.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay detailing the difference between human nature and the cold calculations of an AI such as Wintermute. Be sure to address:
1) Strategies humans can use against computer opponents.
2) Safety measures that can be taken to avoid a conflict between man and machine.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)