|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is starting 'to go'?
2. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
3. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
4. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
5. Who does Case summon to comfort him on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
2. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
3. What happens to Molly in this chapter? What will Case do about it?
4. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
5. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
6. What happens to the Turing agents?
7. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
8. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
9. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
10. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)