|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case awake to?
2. How does Case know that the Turing police are made to look young through surgery?
3. How does Maelcum save Case?
4. Who is starting 'to go'?
5. What could 3Jane's mother not imagine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
2. How is Case tricked in this chapter?
3. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
4. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
5. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
6. What do you think the code word is?
7. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
8. How is Case revived from the dream?
9. How is Straylight described to Case?
10. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that compares the love affair of Case and Linda Lee to the relationship of two characters in another novel. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Major similarities, such as tragedy.
2) Whether Case would be happier with a girl like Linda or a girl like Molly.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)