|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Case up?
2. Who does Case summon to comfort him on the beach?
3. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
4. Who does Wintermute appear to Case as in this chapter?
5. What do Case, Flatline, and the virus look like in cyberspace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
2. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
3. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
4. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
5. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
6. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
7. What happens to the Turing agents?
8. What do you think the code word is?
9. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
10. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of technology in the human search for immortality. Be sure to address:
1) Possible applications of technology to extend human life, i.e., electronic encoding of the brain, medical science, cybernetics, etc.
2) Social, economic, and demographical effects of living forever.
3) Other methods, either scientific or mystical, by which humans have attempted to gain immortality.
Essay Topic 3
Research the character of Molly and write an essay about her. Be sure to address:
1) The role Molly plays in other Gibson novels.
2) How her character develops over the course of these novels, and her relationships with other characters.
3) Whether Molly is a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain, and why.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)