|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the Turing police speak?
2. What role does Michele play in the trio of cops?
3. Who is the white, wasted figure that Case sees through Molly's eyes?
4. Who wants to kill Molly?
5. Why are there not many Tessier-Ashpools in Straylight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
2. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
3. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
4. How is Case revived from the dream?
5. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
6. What do you think the code word is?
7. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
8. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
9. How does Case find strength within himself?
10. What happens to the Turing agents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)