|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case think is causing the strange things he sees?
2. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
3. What could 3Jane's mother not imagine?
4. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
5. How does Armitage die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
2. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
3. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
4. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
5. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
6. How does Case find strength within himself?
7. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
8. What do you think the code word is?
9. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
10. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains Riviera's relationships with women, and how this personality trait can be seen through his actions in the novel. Be sure to address:
1) Any similarities Riviera has with real-life criminals.
2) How Riviera's actions caused Molly to plot to kill him.
3) The role the Riviera character plays in the novel, i.e., villain, comic relief, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)