|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Case about Armitage?
2. What is the name of Case's new girlfriend?
3. How does Molly activate her night vision?
4. What does Riviera do to Molly?
5. What is Night City not a place for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
2. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
3. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
4. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
5. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
6. What do you think the code word is?
7. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
8. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
9. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
10. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)