|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Case summon to comfort him on the beach?
2. What does Case awake to?
3. What is the name of the boy?
4. Who wants to kill Molly?
5. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
2. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
3. How is Case revived from the dream?
4. What happens to Molly in this chapter? What will Case do about it?
5. What do you think the code word is?
6. How is Straylight described to Case?
7. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
8. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
9. What happens to the Turing agents?
10. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains Riviera's relationships with women, and how this personality trait can be seen through his actions in the novel. Be sure to address:
1) Any similarities Riviera has with real-life criminals.
2) How Riviera's actions caused Molly to plot to kill him.
3) The role the Riviera character plays in the novel, i.e., villain, comic relief, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that compares the love affair of Case and Linda Lee to the relationship of two characters in another novel. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Major similarities, such as tragedy.
2) Whether Case would be happier with a girl like Linda or a girl like Molly.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)