|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Molly's old boyfriend?
2. Who else knows how to remove the toxin sacs?
3. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
4. What is 3Jane's apartment referred to as?
5. Who was the woman Case saw at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
2. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
3. What do you think the code word is?
4. What is the place where Neuromancer trapped Case? What is strange about it?
5. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
6. What happens to the Turing agents?
7. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
8. How is Case tricked in this chapter?
9. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
10. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)