|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case think is causing the strange things he sees?
2. Who does Wintermute appear to Armitage as?
3. What is especially horrifying for cowboys?
4. What do Case, Flatline, and the virus look like in cyberspace?
5. What wakes Case up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the issue with the toxin resolved?
2. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
3. How does Case find strength within himself?
4. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
5. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
6. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
8. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
9. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
10. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of prophets in human culture. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Examples of where prophesies have come true, and failed to come true.
2) Whether or not you feel that prophets are valid or credible, with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)