|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly always think about first?
2. Who, or what, is backing Armitage?
3. What is the name of the leader of the Panthers?
4. What letters are on the sigil Case notices on an advertisement?
5. How many people does Case kill in his first month in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Wintermute done to enrage Case?
2. Why does Case need to see Julie? What does Molly think about this?
3. What do the Zionites tell Molly and Case about their significance?
4. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
5. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
6. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
7. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
8. What does Case know about Wintermute?
9. When does Case first experience his anger?
10. What happened to Colonel Willis Corto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains Riviera's relationships with women, and how this personality trait can be seen through his actions in the novel. Be sure to address:
1) Any similarities Riviera has with real-life criminals.
2) How Riviera's actions caused Molly to plot to kill him.
3) The role the Riviera character plays in the novel, i.e., villain, comic relief, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing the difference between human nature and the cold calculations of an AI such as Wintermute. Be sure to address:
1) Strategies humans can use against computer opponents.
2) Safety measures that can be taken to avoid a conflict between man and machine.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)