|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the Panthers?
2. What is the name of the girl that Case meets?
3. What type of drugs does Wage deal in?
4. What is Blue Nine known as in California?
5. What hotel are the characters staying at in Istanbul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about the bartender's appearance?
2. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
3. Write a short character profile of Molly, and why she takes such an interest in Case.
4. When does Case first experience his anger?
5. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
6. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
7. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
8. Why do the police react so harshly to the emergency call?
9. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
10. What are Molly's feelings toward Armitage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)