|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Blue Nine known as in California?
2. What do the Panthers call Armitage?
3. How old is Julius Deane?
4. Whose womanly form does Riviera cause to appear?
5. How many people does Case kill in his first month in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
2. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
3. How does Case feel about Corto's treatment at the hands of the government? What do you think he will do now?
4. What happened to Colonel Willis Corto?
5. What has Wintermute done to enrage Case?
6. What is Freeside? How is life and business there different? Why is Case not interested in it?
7. How is Case tricked in this chapter?
8. What do you think the code word is?
9. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
10. What does Case know about Wintermute?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the role of technology in the human search for immortality. Be sure to address:
1) Possible applications of technology to extend human life, i.e., electronic encoding of the brain, medical science, cybernetics, etc.
2) Social, economic, and demographical effects of living forever.
3) Other methods, either scientific or mystical, by which humans have attempted to gain immortality.
This section contains 1,803 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)