|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's name?
2. What type of pill does Case take in the teashop?
3. What is the name of the girl that Case meets?
4. Where did Corto manage to escape to after almost dying in Siberia?
5. What is Wintermute?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
2. Why does Case need to see Julie? What does Molly think about this?
3. Who are the Turing police? What is known about them so far?
4. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
5. Describe the show that Riviera performs at the restaurant.
6. Why do the police react so harshly to the emergency call?
7. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
8. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
9. What does Corto do after the trials are finished?
10. How does Case feel about the simstim link with Molly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)