|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the war?
2. What does Maelcum give Case?
3. What type of drugs does Wage deal in?
4. Who did Molly kill when her cut-out chip failed?
5. Why does Linda lie about Wage wanting to kill Case?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Flatline say is the problem with Wintermute? What can Case and Flatline tell about what Wintermute wants?
2. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
3. What do the Zionites tell Molly and Case about their significance?
4. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
5. Why do the police react so harshly to the emergency call?
6. Who are the Turing police? What is known about them so far?
7. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
8. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
9. Write a short character profile of Molly, and why she takes such an interest in Case.
10. When does Case first experience his anger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains Riviera's relationships with women, and how this personality trait can be seen through his actions in the novel. Be sure to address:
1) Any similarities Riviera has with real-life criminals.
2) How Riviera's actions caused Molly to plot to kill him.
3) The role the Riviera character plays in the novel, i.e., villain, comic relief, etc.
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)