|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Finn?
2. What about Molly is not approved of in Turkey?
3. Who are the Panther Moderns, according to Case's research?
4. What type of drugs does Wage deal in?
5. What does Armitage need Case to get fitted for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
2. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
3. Why does Case need to see Julie? What does Molly think about this?
4. What does Flatline say is the problem with Wintermute? What can Case and Flatline tell about what Wintermute wants?
5. What makes the Panther Moderns unique? Why do you think Molly would want to involve them?
6. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
7. Write a short character profile of Molly, and why she takes such an interest in Case.
8. What is cyberspace?
9. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
10. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of technology in the human search for immortality. Be sure to address:
1) Possible applications of technology to extend human life, i.e., electronic encoding of the brain, medical science, cybernetics, etc.
2) Social, economic, and demographical effects of living forever.
3) Other methods, either scientific or mystical, by which humans have attempted to gain immortality.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)