|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly need to get for Riviera?
2. What did Molly play in the Lisboa?
3. What does Case do after Cath gives him more drugs?
4. What is the name of the leader of the Panthers?
5. What street runs the length of Freeside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gibson describe technology, both new and old?
2. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
3. What does Corto do after the trials are finished?
4. What are Molly's feelings toward Armitage?
5. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
6. What is cyberspace?
7. What does Case know about Wintermute?
8. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
9. What do the Zionites tell Molly and Case about their significance?
10. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the role of prophets in human culture. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Examples of where prophesies have come true, and failed to come true.
2) Whether or not you feel that prophets are valid or credible, with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains Riviera's relationships with women, and how this personality trait can be seen through his actions in the novel. Be sure to address:
1) Any similarities Riviera has with real-life criminals.
2) How Riviera's actions caused Molly to plot to kill him.
3) The role the Riviera character plays in the novel, i.e., villain, comic relief, etc.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)