Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
2. Who is Hideo?
3. Who is waiting for Case in his room?
4. Who, or what, is backing Armitage?
5. What does Larry not like about Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
2. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
3. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
4. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
5. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
6. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
8. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
9. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
10. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of technology in the human search for immortality. Be sure to address:
1) Possible applications of technology to extend human life, i.e., electronic encoding of the brain, medical science, cybernetics, etc.
2) Social, economic, and demographical effects of living forever.
3) Other methods, either scientific or mystical, by which humans have attempted to gain immortality.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)