|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was the war?
2. What is Molly's code name during the operation to steal Flatline's construct?
3. Whose construct is Case going to steal?
4. What about Molly is not approved of in Turkey?
5. Who is Riviera with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
2. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
3. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
4. How does Molly get her revenge on Riviera?
5. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
6. How is Case revived from the dream?
7. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
8. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
9. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
10. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
This section contains 1,760 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)