|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Molly go while Case is 'watching'?
2. What type of animal does Flatline admire?
3. How is Linda killed?
4. What sport does Molly say she enjoys?
5. What type of pill does Case take in the teashop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
2. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
3. What does Flatline say is the problem with Wintermute? What can Case and Flatline tell about what Wintermute wants?
4. What is so special about the bartender's appearance?
5. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
6. How does Case feel about the simstim link with Molly?
7. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
8. Describe the Rue Jules Verne.
9. What is Freeside? How is life and business there different? Why is Case not interested in it?
10. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the role of cyberspace and the Internet in human development. Be sure to address:
1) The positive effects of the Internet.
2) The negative effects.
3) What you feel will be the long-term effect upon humanity, whether positive, negative, or both.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)