|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of computer does Armitage get for Case?
2. What does Case do after Cath gives him more drugs?
3. How many people does Case kill in his first month in Japan?
4. Who sent the assassins?
5. Whose construct is Case going to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Finn think of Istanbul? Why?
2. What do the Zionites tell Molly and Case about their significance?
3. What happens when the characters come upon Riviera?
4. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
5. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
6. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
7. What is Freeside? How is life and business there different? Why is Case not interested in it?
8. Why do the police react so harshly to the emergency call?
9. What does Case know about Wintermute?
10. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of technology in the human search for immortality. Be sure to address:
1) Possible applications of technology to extend human life, i.e., electronic encoding of the brain, medical science, cybernetics, etc.
2) Social, economic, and demographical effects of living forever.
3) Other methods, either scientific or mystical, by which humans have attempted to gain immortality.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)