|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly give Case as a disguise?
2. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
3. What did Flatline survive?
4. Who will handle Case's deck?
5. How old is Julius Deane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so special about the bartender's appearance?
2. What does Flatline say is the problem with Wintermute? What can Case and Flatline tell about what Wintermute wants?
3. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
4. How does Gibson describe technology, both new and old?
5. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
6. How does Case feel about the simstim link with Molly?
7. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
8. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
9. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
10. When does Case first experience his anger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares the love affair of Case and Linda Lee to the relationship of two characters in another novel. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Major similarities, such as tragedy.
2) Whether Case would be happier with a girl like Linda or a girl like Molly.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the genre "cyberpunk.'" Be sure to address:
1) Identifying characteristics of the genre.
2) How cyberpunk may have influenced the evolution of technology and the Internet.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)