Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
2. Who is Hideo?
3. Who is waiting for Case in his room?
4. Who, or what, is backing Armitage?
5. What does Larry not like about Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
2. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
3. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
4. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
5. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
6. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
8. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
9. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
10. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
Write an essay explaining the negative aspects of technology described in Neuromancer:
1) Warnings about technology in Neuromancer, and how the book could be interpreted as being anti-technology.
2) Aspects of technological problems that the book predicts that are coming true or have already come true.
Research the character of Molly and write an essay about her. Be sure to address:
1) The role Molly plays in other Gibson novels.
2) How her character develops over the course of these novels, and her relationships with other characters.
3) Whether Molly is a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain, and why.
Write an essay describing the past failures and bad experiences that influence and motivate the characters in Neuromancer. Each section of the essay will focus on a particular character. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the past of each character is a strength or weakness.
2) What the characters might be like if they did not have these pasts to draw upon.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)