|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal does Flatline admire?
2. What message do the Panthers deliver to Case?
3. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
4. What is Sammi's?
5. What does Case decide Molly's pullover is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
2. When does Case first experience his anger?
3. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
4. What are Molly's feelings toward Armitage?
5. How does Case feel about Corto's treatment at the hands of the government? What do you think he will do now?
6. Write a short character profile of Molly, and why she takes such an interest in Case.
7. Describe the show that Riviera performs at the restaurant.
8. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
9. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
10. What happened to Colonel Willis Corto?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay detailing the difference between human nature and the cold calculations of an AI such as Wintermute. Be sure to address:
1) Strategies humans can use against computer opponents.
2) Safety measures that can be taken to avoid a conflict between man and machine.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)