|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Case leave Chiba?
2. What does Case decide Molly's pullover is?
3. What happened to Flatline years ago when he tried to crack an AI?
4. What is Wintermute?
5. What is the name of the girl that Case meets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
2. How does Case feel about the simstim link with Molly?
3. Who are the Turing police? What is known about them so far?
4. How does Case feel about Corto's treatment at the hands of the government? What do you think he will do now?
5. What happened to Colonel Willis Corto?
6. What does Corto do after the trials are finished?
7. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
8. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
9. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
10. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the technological predictions that William Gibson has for the future. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the technologies described are realistic.
2) The likely impact of these technologies upon society.
3) Whether or not humanity will ultimately be better off with these new technologies.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)