|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wintermute's greatest talent?
2. Who is killed at Sammi's?
3. Who will handle Case's deck?
4. Where does Molly go while Case is 'watching'?
5. What does Molly always think about first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Turing police? What is known about them so far?
2. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
3. How does Case compare Corto to the Tessier-Ashpools?
4. Write a short character profile of Molly, and why she takes such an interest in Case.
5. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
6. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
7. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
8. What advantage does Riviera claim to have over Wintermute? Do you think this is true?
9. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
10. What does Case know about Wintermute?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the unresolved issues and guilt that Case experiences in relation to his former girlfriend, Linda Lee. Be sure to touch upon:
1) What Linda represented to Case.
2) What Case would change if he had the opportunity to do things over again.
3) What Case's treatment of Linda tells us about his true character.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on an original technology that you think would be popular in the future. The essay does not need to be scientifically accurate. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Uses for the technology.
2) Who it would appeal to.
3) The effects of this technology upon its users.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay detailing the difference between human nature and the cold calculations of an AI such as Wintermute. Be sure to address:
1) Strategies humans can use against computer opponents.
2) Safety measures that can be taken to avoid a conflict between man and machine.
This section contains 1,813 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)