|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flatline want Case to do with his construct when the job is finished?
2. What type of pill does Case take in the teashop?
3. What does Molly need to get for Riviera?
4. What does Armitage do in his spare time?
5. What does Larry not like about Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write a short character profile of Molly, and why she takes such an interest in Case.
2. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
3. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
4. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
5. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
6. What is cyberspace?
7. What do the Zionites tell Molly and Case about their significance?
8. When does Case first experience his anger?
9. What has Wintermute done to enrage Case?
10. What does Case know about Wintermute?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the character of Molly and write an essay about her. Be sure to address:
1) The role Molly plays in other Gibson novels.
2) How her character develops over the course of these novels, and her relationships with other characters.
3) Whether Molly is a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on compulsion and how it influences humanity. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Negative and positive aspects of compulsion.
2) The role compulsion plays in human culture and society.
3) How compulsion factors into Neuromancer.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)