|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Case do after being dropped off?
2. What is Wintermute?
3. What does Case share with Molly through the simstim deck?
4. How does Case leave Chiba?
5. What does Riviera cause to appear in Case's drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Case first experience his anger?
2. What does Case know about Wintermute?
3. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
4. Describe the Rue Jules Verne.
5. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
6. How does Case feel about Corto's treatment at the hands of the government? What do you think he will do now?
7. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
8. What happened to Colonel Willis Corto?
9. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
10. What is Freeside? How is life and business there different? Why is Case not interested in it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the character of Molly and write an essay about her. Be sure to address:
1) The role Molly plays in other Gibson novels.
2) How her character develops over the course of these novels, and her relationships with other characters.
3) Whether Molly is a hero, an anti-hero, or a villain, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)