Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
2. Who is Hideo?
3. Who is waiting for Case in his room?
4. Who, or what, is backing Armitage?
5. What does Larry not like about Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
2. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
3. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
4. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
5. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
6. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
8. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
9. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
10. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that compares the love affair of Case and Linda Lee to the relationship of two characters in another novel. Be sure to touch upon:
1) Major similarities, such as tragedy.
2) Whether Case would be happier with a girl like Linda or a girl like Molly.
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)