|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Molly is not approved of in Turkey?
2. Who did Molly kill when her cut-out chip failed?
3. How does Case leave Chiba?
4. What did Molly play in the Lisboa?
5. What is Sammi's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police react so harshly to the emergency call?
2. How is Case tricked in this chapter?
3. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
4. Describe the Rue Jules Verne.
5. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
6. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
7. What does the Finn think of Istanbul? Why?
8. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
9. What are Molly's feelings toward Armitage?
10. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the industry of data security. Be sure to address:
1) Challenges that the industry has faced in the past, and faces at the moment.
2) Some well-documented cases of breaches of data security.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the role of technology in the human search for immortality. Be sure to address:
1) Possible applications of technology to extend human life, i.e., electronic encoding of the brain, medical science, cybernetics, etc.
2) Social, economic, and demographical effects of living forever.
3) Other methods, either scientific or mystical, by which humans have attempted to gain immortality.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
This section contains 1,731 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)