Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
2. Who is Hideo?
3. Who is waiting for Case in his room?
4. Who, or what, is backing Armitage?
5. What does Larry not like about Molly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
2. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
3. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
4. Why does Case try to save Corto/Armitage?
5. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
6. Who are the Tessier-Ashpools?
7. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
8. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
9. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
10. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Write an essay describing the symbiotic relationship that humanity has with technology. Be sure to address:
1) Why man needs machine, and why machine needs man.
2) The advantages of using technology.
3) The dangers of giving too much control of our world to machines.
Write an essay on the technological predictions that William Gibson has for the future. Be sure to address:
1) Whether or not the technologies described are realistic.
2) The likely impact of these technologies upon society.
3) Whether or not humanity will ultimately be better off with these new technologies.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)