|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Blue Nine known as in California?
2. What type of pill does Case take in the teashop?
3. What about Molly is not approved of in Turkey?
4. What does Molly give Case as a disguise?
5. How many people does Case kill in his first month in Japan?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Case first experience his anger?
2. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
3. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
4. What does Flatline say is the problem with Wintermute? What can Case and Flatline tell about what Wintermute wants?
5. Describe the show that Riviera performs at the restaurant.
6. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
7. What makes the Panther Moderns unique? Why do you think Molly would want to involve them?
8. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
9. What changes other than the nerve repairs have been made to Case? What is the effect of these modifications?
10. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that describes a literary technique and gives an example of where this occurs in the book Neuromancer. Be sure to address:
1) Whether the use of this technique adds to or detracts from the story or narrative.
2) Whether or not you feel this literary technique is effective.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing the many ways in which modern humans escape from reality, and the effect this has upon the species as a whole. Be sure to address:
1) Benefits of and dangers from escapism, fantasy, and alternative realities.
2) Recommendations for resolving any problems identified in the essay.
3) Personal examples of escaping from reality, along with explanations for the examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay arguing either for, or against, human cloning. Be sure to address:
1) Moral and social implications.
2) Beneficial and nefarious uses of the technology.
3) Whether or not you feel human cloning will become commonplace, and why.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)