|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Case to break Sense/Net's ICE?
(a) Nine days.
(b) An hour.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Seven and a half hours.
2. What is Flatline's construct stored on?
(a) A ROM cassette.
(b) A regular CD.
(c) Seventeen floppy disks contained in a single multi-drive.
(d) An AD-DVD II.
3. What do Case and Molly do in Case's room after the operation?
(a) Take drugs.
(b) Talk about the job.
(c) Test Case's ability to jack into cyberspace.
(d) Have sex.
4. What is Freeside?
(a) A sophisticated ICEbreaker created by Dixie Flatline.
(b) The American equivalent of Ninsei.
(c) A particularly dangerous area of the Sprawl.
(d) A space station.
5. Who is Peter Riviera?
(a) A hero.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A psychopath.
(d) A legend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Larry not like about Molly?
2. What color is the sky at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does SAS stand for?
4. What does Case do when he finally jacks into cyberspace?
5. What type of pill does Case take in the teashop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
2. What does Flatline say is the problem with Wintermute? What can Case and Flatline tell about what Wintermute wants?
3. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
4. How is Freeside described in the start of this chapter?
5. Why does Case need to see Julie? What does Molly think about this?
6. Describe the pace and type of business that Case must contend with.
7. How does Gibson describe technology, both new and old?
8. What does Case know about Wintermute?
9. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
10. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)