|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Molly spend some time in the spindle a while back?
(a) She was hiding from people who wanted her dead.
(b) She was a gambler's bodyguard.
(c) She had a vendetta with a mobster.
(d) She came to the spindle with a previous boyfriend.
2. What is the Finn's story about?
(a) A fence named Smith, a talking computer head, Jimmy, and a ninja assassin.
(b) A fence named Smith, the meaning of life, and Case isn't quite sure what the rest of the story is about.
(c) A fence named Smith, an AI, the Russian mafia, and a genetically engineered monkey.
(d) A fence named Smith, a secret brand of microsoft, a government conspiracy, and a corrupt police officer.
3. How is Linda killed?
(a) With a phaser.
(b) With a laser.
(c) With a razor.
(d) With a Taser.
4. What street runs the length of Freeside?
(c) Jules Verne.
5. What does Flatline want Case to do with his construct when the job is finished?
(a) Leave it connected to cyberspace forever.
(b) Create a copy so Flatline can talk to himself.
(c) Return it to the Sense/Net pyramid.
(d) Delete it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company owns the construct?
2. How old is Case?
3. What sport does Molly say she enjoys?
4. What happened to Jimmy?
5. What mental disorder was Corto diagnosed with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Zionites tell Molly and Case about their significance?
2. What does Case want Flatline to help him with? Why?
3. How does Case feel about Corto's treatment at the hands of the government? What do you think he will do now?
4. How does Gibson describe technology, both new and old?
5. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
6. How does Case feel after the job is finished?
7. Why does Case need to see Julie? What does Molly think about this?
8. When does Case first experience his anger?
9. What happened to Colonel Willis Corto?
10. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)