|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Case do when while Molly is sleeping?
(a) Run back down the well to Earth.
(b) Get high.
(c) Get arrested.
(d) Sleep with a strange girl.
2. What is Armitage's real name?
(a) Willis Corto.
(b) Francis Hopper.
(c) Daniel Willard.
(d) Richard Wagner.
3. What does Case share with Molly through the simstim deck?
(a) A cup of virtual coffee.
(b) Her perception.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) His feelings.
4. How is Linda killed?
(a) With a laser.
(b) With a phaser.
(c) With a razor.
(d) With a Taser.
5. Why did Molly spend some time in the spindle a while back?
(a) She had a vendetta with a mobster.
(b) She was hiding from people who wanted her dead.
(c) She came to the spindle with a previous boyfriend.
(d) She was a gambler's bodyguard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the matrix have its roots in?
2. What do Case and Molly do in Case's room after the operation?
3. What type of pill does Case take in the teashop?
4. Who is killed at Sammi's?
5. What does Riviera cause to appear in Case's drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the characters come upon Riviera?
2. What makes the Panther Moderns unique? Why do you think Molly would want to involve them?
3. What has Armitage done to Case to ensure his loyalty?
4. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
5. What is cyberspace?
6. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
7. What has Wintermute done to enrage Case?
8. What is Freeside? How is life and business there different? Why is Case not interested in it?
9. Why does Case need to see Julie? What does Molly think about this?
10. How does Case feel about Corto's treatment at the hands of the government? What do you think he will do now?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)