|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does SAS stand for?
(a) Short Answer Survey.
(b) Silicon Augmentation Server.
(c) Synaptic Attenuation Syndrome.
(d) Space Adaptation Syndrome.
2. What does Maelcum give Case?
(a) A gun part.
(b) A switch-blade.
(c) A virus.
(d) A beating.
3. What is Flatline's construct stored on?
(a) Seventeen floppy disks contained in a single multi-drive.
(b) An AD-DVD II.
(c) A regular CD.
(d) A ROM cassette.
4. What does Molly give Case as a disguise?
(a) A fake mustache.
(b) A hooded sweatshirt.
(c) A holographic facial unit.
(d) A fake tan.
5. What does Case share with Molly through the simstim deck?
(a) His feelings.
(b) A cup of virtual coffee.
(c) Her perception.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invented nerve-splicing?
2. How long is Case brain dead?
3. What hotel are the characters staying at in Istanbul?
4. What does BAMA stand for?
5. Who is the Finn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Case's profession? How did he lose his ability?
2. What makes the Panther Moderns unique? Why do you think Molly would want to involve them?
3. How does Gibson describe technology, both new and old?
4. Why is being unable to enter cyberspace such a harsh penalty for Case?
5. What is the significance of Screaming Fist?
6. What does Case know about Wintermute?
7. How does Case feel about the sprawl as he and Molly leave for Istanbul? How is the sprawl described by Gibson?
8. What happens to Case when he tries to hack into the AI?
9. What are Molly's feelings toward Armitage?
10. What does Molly want Case do to about Armitage?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)