|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Riviera wearing?
(a) A seersucker convict outfit.
(b) A blue sweater vest.
(c) A white bathrobe.
(d) A pinstriped suit.
2. What is the name of the boy?
(d) The silver path.
3. Who does Wintermute appear to Armitage as?
(a) Colonel Kurtz.
(b) His father.
(c) The Finn.
(d) General Girling.
4. Who does Molly first encounter in Straylight?
(b) A vat-grown assassin.
(d) A member of the cleaning staff.
5. What does Case notice when he opens the door of the hotel room?
(a) That the room has been ransacked.
(b) That something is out of place.
(c) That Molly is gone.
(d) A vat-grown samurai assassin.
6. How does Molly activate her night vision?
(a) A touch sensor on her right temple.
(b) By pressing one of her teeth.
(c) By double-flexing her left bicep.
(d) By saying "activate night vision."
7. What could 3Jane's mother not imagine?
(a) A world without the Tessier-Ashpools.
(b) The true nature of Straylight.
(c) Her own death.
(d) What the combined AIs would be like.
8. How is Molly taken down?
(a) Hideo defeats her in a fair fight.
(b) 3Jane stuns her with a flash-bang grenade.
(c) She is distracted by one of Riviera's illusions.
(d) Molly slips on some water and re-breaks her leg.
9. What type of room lies beyond the wooden door with the brass plate?
(a) Small apartment.
(b) Storage room.
10. How is Neuromancer different from Wintermute?
(a) Neuromancer is a RAM construct.
(b) Neuromancer's computer mainframe is made of bio-circuits.
(c) Neuromancer is programmed for nothing but destruction and death..
(d) Neuromancer is capable of human reasoning.
11. Who killed Marie-France Tessier?
12. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
(d) Old man Ashpool.
13. When does Case defeat Neuromancer?
(a) When he walks away from the beach.
(b) When he figures out the code word.
(c) When the virus is introduced into Neuromancer's system.
(d) When he enters the core.
14. What enables Case to pilot the Kuang perfectly?
(a) A cybernetic mind-link with Neuromancer.
(c) The drugs.
(d) His love of Molly and his desire for her to survive.
15. What can Wintermute never know?
(a) Case's memories.
(b) Human emotion.
(c) The magic word.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
2. What name does Case see on the Japanese spaceship?
3. What is especially horrifying for cowboys?
4. What is Maelcum?
5. What do Case, Flatline, and the virus look like in cyberspace?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)