|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character's portrayal by Riviera is not a caricature?
(a) None of the above.
2. What role does Michele play in the trio of cops?
(a) Good cop.
(b) Angry police chief.
(c) Bad cop.
3. What enables Case to pilot the Kuang perfectly?
(a) The drugs.
(c) A cybernetic mind-link with Neuromancer.
(d) His love of Molly and his desire for her to survive.
4. What can Wintermute never know?
(a) Human emotion.
(b) The magic word.
(d) Case's memories.
5. What does Case awake to?
(a) The shouts of the Turing police.
(b) The sound of Molly fighting Hideo.
(c) The sound of 3Jane screaming.
(d) The sound of the head terminal.
6. What does Case notice when he opens the door of the hotel room?
(a) That the room has been ransacked.
(b) A vat-grown samurai assassin.
(c) That something is out of place.
(d) That Molly is gone.
7. What does Case see everywhere when he wakes up?
(a) Strange symbols on the walls.
(c) The ruins of a city.
(d) Pictures of girls.
8. How does Maelcum save Case?
(a) By shaking Case awake.
(b) By putting two derms on his wrist.
(c) By pulling the plug.
(d) By putting headphones on him.
9. What is Maelcum?
(a) A real-life representation of Wintermute.
(b) A spy for the Yakuza.
(c) A terrible pilot.
(d) The Rastafarian Navy.
10. Who is starting 'to go'?
11. What is especially horrifying for cowboys?
(b) The demands of the meat.
(c) ISP service interruption.
(d) Spatial disorientation.
12. Who prepared the road for Neuromancer?
(d) Old man Ashpool.
13. What is Molly's other name?
14. How does Armitage die?
(a) He shoots himself in the head.
(b) Wintermute poisons him.
(c) He is ejected in a lifepod that is not properly sealed.
(d) Case kills him in self-defense.
15. Who is Maelcum not to kill?
(b) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the Turing police speak?
2. What does Wintermute lack?
3. Who is the white, wasted figure that Case sees through Molly's eyes?
4. What question does the matrix ask itself?
5. Who does Case summon to comfort him on the beach?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)