|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Case about Armitage?
(b) All of the above.
2. What language do the Turing police speak?
3. How does Wintermute try to warn Case about the other AI?
(a) Through Dixie.
(b) Through the Braun.
(c) Through a holographic projection.
(d) Through the villa's intercom system.
4. What name does Case see on the Japanese spaceship?
5. What is Wintermute now?
(a) The ruler of the world.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The matrix.
(d) A god.
6. Who does Wintermute appear to Case as in this chapter?
(c) The Finn.
7. What can Wintermute never know?
(a) Case's memories.
(b) The magic word.
(d) Human emotion.
8. Why do Case and Molly go to Chiba?
(a) For the last of Molly's operations.
(b) To get revenge on Deane.
(c) To pick up Case's things.
(d) To escape the Turing police.
9. What is starting to bother Molly?
(a) Armitage's crazy orders.
(b) Her leg.
(c) Her past.
(d) Case's attitude.
10. Who does Molly first encounter in Straylight?
(a) A vat-grown assassin.
(b) A member of the cleaning staff.
11. What is 3Jane's apartment referred to as?
(a) A lair.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A pirate cave.
(d) A nest.
12. What is especially horrifying for cowboys?
(a) Spatial disorientation.
(b) The demands of the meat.
(d) ISP service interruption.
13. Who killed Molly's old boyfriend?
(a) A former client who had been ripped off.
(b) A drug addict.
(c) A Yakuza assassin.
14. How does Armitage die?
(a) He shoots himself in the head.
(b) Case kills him in self-defense.
(c) He is ejected in a lifepod that is not properly sealed.
(d) Wintermute poisons him.
15. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
(a) A girl like Molly.
(c) The Yakuza's inner sanctum.
(d) Life on Freeside station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wintermute lack?
2. Why are there not many Tessier-Ashpools in Straylight?
3. What does Case lose?
4. Who does Case summon to comfort him on the beach?
5. What does Case notice when he opens the door of the hotel room?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)