|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the start of the novel take place?
2. What does Maelcum give Case?
(a) A virus.
(b) A beating.
(c) A switch-blade.
(d) A gun part.
3. What is the Finn's story about?
(a) A fence named Smith, a talking computer head, Jimmy, and a ninja assassin.
(b) A fence named Smith, a secret brand of microsoft, a government conspiracy, and a corrupt police officer.
(c) A fence named Smith, an AI, the Russian mafia, and a genetically engineered monkey.
(d) A fence named Smith, the meaning of life, and Case isn't quite sure what the rest of the story is about.
4. What mental disorder was Corto diagnosed with?
(c) Bi-polar disorder.
5. Where does 3Jane live?
6. What does ICE stand for?
(a) Intrusion Countermeasure Electronics.
(b) Integrated Code Execution.
(c) Illusion Control Elaboration.
(d) Ice Cream Excitement.
7. Who is the Finn?
(a) A fence, mostly.
(b) A corrupt police officer.
(c) An unusual mercenary.
(d) All of the above.
8. What does SAS stand for?
(a) Space Adaptation Syndrome.
(b) Synaptic Attenuation Syndrome.
(c) Silicon Augmentation Server.
(d) Short Answer Survey.
9. Who did Molly kill when her cut-out chip failed?
(a) A little boy.
(b) A television personality.
(c) A senator.
(d) A talking head.
10. Why does Linda lie about Wage wanting to kill Case?
(a) So he will be more careful about owing money to psychopaths.
(b) So she can steal from him while he's out.
(c) So Case will try to kill Wage first, allowing her to take over his drug empire.
(d) So he'll leave Japan forever.
11. To where are the characters heading?
12. What is the name of the tug?
(a) Calvin Coolidge.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Marcus Garvey.
(d) Saint Anne.
13. What does Flatline's construct say Case is?
(a) A quick study.
(b) Short tempered.
(c) Naturally gifted.
14. How is Linda killed?
(a) With a phaser.
(b) With a laser.
(c) With a razor.
(d) With a Taser.
15. Where does Molly go while Case is 'watching'?
(a) The Information Highway.
(b) The library.
(c) The Digital Underground.
(d) Memory Lane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly always think about first?
2. What does Case do when while Molly is sleeping?
3. What does Armitage do in his spare time?
4. What is wrong with Case?
5. What is Freeside?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)