|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does Molly say she enjoys?
(b) Mixed martial arts.
2. Who is Hideo?
(a) 3Jane's brother.
(b) 3Jane's retainer.
(c) 3Jane's best friend.
(d) 3Jane's husband.
3. Who is killed at Sammi's?
(a) Some assassins.
(b) A knife fighter.
(c) Linda Lee.
(d) All of the above.
4. What happened to Flatline years ago when he tried to crack an AI?
(a) He became famous.
(b) He experienced braindeath.
(c) He flatlined.
(d) All of the above.
5. What street runs the length of Freeside?
(a) Jules Verne.
6. What does Case decide Molly's pullover is?
7. What group does the Panther Moderns remind Case of?
(a) The Big Scientists.
(b) The Large Thinkers.
(c) The Vast Shrinks.
(d) The Wee Technicians.
8. What color is the sky at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Television static.
(c) Radio noise.
(d) Stained linoleum.
9. Where does Molly go while Case is 'watching'?
(a) The Information Highway.
(b) The Digital Underground.
(c) The library.
(d) Memory Lane.
10. What does Flatline's construct say Case is?
(a) Naturally gifted.
(b) Short tempered.
(c) A quick study.
11. What is the Finn's story about?
(a) A fence named Smith, an AI, the Russian mafia, and a genetically engineered monkey.
(b) A fence named Smith, a secret brand of microsoft, a government conspiracy, and a corrupt police officer.
(c) A fence named Smith, a talking computer head, Jimmy, and a ninja assassin.
(d) A fence named Smith, the meaning of life, and Case isn't quite sure what the rest of the story is about.
12. What does Riviera do at the restaurant?
(a) Go into a fever of drug withdrawl.
(b) Terrorize the patrons.
(c) Insult Case's manhood.
(d) A show.
13. What is Armitage's real name?
(a) Willis Corto.
(b) Francis Hopper.
(c) Daniel Willard.
(d) Richard Wagner.
14. What does Case do when he first sees Armitage?
(a) Throw coffee at him.
(b) Spit in his face.
(c) Try to run.
(d) Shake his hand.
15. Who is Peter Riviera?
(a) A hero.
(b) A legend.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A psychopath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Flatline's construct stored on?
2. What do Case and Flatline find the entry codes to?
3. Who is the Finn?
4. What does Case share with Molly through the simstim deck?
5. Who invented nerve-splicing?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)