|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
2. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
3. What does C.O.G. stand for?
4. Where does the narrator hitchhike with his friend to see fake Indians?
5. Who has drawn the author's name in the Christmas lottery for gifts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the author's mother and father in the essays. How are these personalities similar? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Sedaris' use of symbolism, motif, and imagery. Define these terms and give examples of each from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of structure and motif in the essay "True Detective." Describe ways in which the author "sets up" the humor in this piece.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)