|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author's sister work as an after-school job?
2. How long does the author write that the bus from North Carolina to Oregon takes?
3. Where does the author return after his time in Oregon?
4. What color walls does the narrator describe the Piccadilly as having?
5. What is the ancient beagle named, owned by the man the author picked apples for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
2. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
3. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
4. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
5. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
6. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
7. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
8. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
9. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
10. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of "punch lines" in the text. What are examples of these in the essays? What is a "punch line" defined as?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Imagination versus Reality" in the essays of Naked. How does this theme carry across into different stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)