|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is packed in the money the author finds in "Something for Everyone"?
2. What does the forklift operator have a collection of in his house?
3. Where does the narrator transfer after his first year in college?
4. What does the narrator's mother wish to have done with her remains?
5. What is the name of the girl that Lisa befriends at camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
2. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
3. What does David fantasize college will be like?
4. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
5. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
6. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
7. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
8. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
9. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
10. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the essay "Chipped Beef" in terms of theme, setting, stylistic elements, and fantasy.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme, "The Good and Bad of Humanity." How is this theme reflected in several essays? Give examples of persons from the text who represent each.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss where the principle setting is of the earlier essays in Naked. How does the author feel about where he grew up?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)