|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
2. Who is the author's friend who shares a fascination with acting in Naked?
3. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
4. What is the name of the author's first roommate at Kent State?
5. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of structure and motif in the essay "True Detective." Describe ways in which the author "sets up" the humor in this piece.
Essay Topic 2
Make a case for what you feel is the strongest theme throughout the book as a whole. What theme appears in most essays?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss where the principle setting is of the earlier essays in Naked. How does the author feel about where he grew up?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)