Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
2. Who is the author's friend who shares a fascination with acting in Naked?
3. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
4. What is the name of the author's first roommate at Kent State?
5. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
Essay Topic 2
Which essay examines the author's homosexuality? What does he use as the comparison/juxtaposition of his homosexuality? Describe the events and themes of the essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of structure and motif in the essay "True Detective." Describe ways in which the author "sets up" the humor in this piece.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)