|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what sea is the summer camp located which the author goes to?
2. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
3. Where does the narrator transfer after his first year in college?
4. Where is the author living when he graduates college?
5. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
2. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
3. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
4. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
5. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
6. What does David fantasize college will be like?
7. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
8. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
9. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
10. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make a case for what you feel is the strongest theme throughout the book as a whole. What theme appears in most essays?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss where the principle setting is of the earlier essays in Naked. How does the author feel about where he grew up?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)