|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author cast as in the show produced by the visiting actor?
2. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
3. What is the name of the woman who finally hires David to paint her apartment?
4. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
5. Who is labeled as an "incomplete quad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
2. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
3. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
4. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
5. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
6. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
7. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
8. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
9. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
10. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's fascination with hitchhiking in the essays. What is it about this activity that attracts him? What is his final conclusion regarding hitchhiking? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "Imagination versus Reality" in the essays of Naked. How does this theme carry across into different stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)