|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author graduate from college?
2. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
3. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
4. What is the name of the woman who finally hires David to paint her apartment?
5. What is the name of the girl who is befriended by the author's roommate in "I Like Guys"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
2. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
3. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
4. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
5. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
6. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
7. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
8. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
9. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
10. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the events which take place in "Get Your Ya-ya's Out"? What themes does this piece reflect? How does the author describe the settings in this essay?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss where the principle setting is of the earlier essays in Naked. How does the author feel about where he grew up?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)