|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author get an after-school job as a teenager?
2. How much money does the author find in his apartment building the day after graduating college?
3. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
4. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
5. Who is the first disabled student the author rooms with at Kent State?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
2. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
3. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
4. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
5. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
6. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
7. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
8. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
9. What does David fantasize college will be like?
10. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Imagination versus Reality" in the essays of Naked. How does this theme carry across into different stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of religion in Sedaris' life and his essays. Which essays broach this subject? How is religion presented by the author?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of structure and motif in the essay "True Detective." Describe ways in which the author "sets up" the humor in this piece.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)