|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author go to meet his hitchhiking friend after his second year in college?
2. What year is the last time the author heard from Peg?
3. What does David's boss find him doing?
4. What does David figure out that Uta is?
5. What is the ancient beagle named, owned by the man the author picked apples for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
2. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
3. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
4. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
5. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
6. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
7. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
8. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
9. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
10. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of religion in Sedaris' life and his essays. Which essays broach this subject? How is religion presented by the author?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the overriding theme of "family." What essays imbue this theme? How?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)