|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
2. Where does the narrator transfer after his first year in college?
3. Where are David and Pam when one of the wheels falls off her chair?
4. What is the name of the boy who sleeps in the bunk below David at camp?
5. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
2. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
3. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
4. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
5. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
6. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
7. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
8. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
9. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
10. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of language as a comedic technique in "Drama Bug." How does his family react to his behavior in this essay? What is the outcome?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of structure and motif in the essay "True Detective." Describe ways in which the author "sets up" the humor in this piece.
Essay Topic 3
What are the events which take place in "Get Your Ya-ya's Out"? What themes does this piece reflect? How does the author describe the settings in this essay?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)