|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
2. What does C.O.G. stand for?
3. What does David make his siblings sign a clause stating?
4. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
5. Where does the author get an after-school job as a teenager?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
2. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
3. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
4. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
5. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
6. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
7. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
8. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
9. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
10. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
Essay Topic 2
What are the events which take place in "Get Your Ya-ya's Out"? What themes does this piece reflect? How does the author describe the settings in this essay?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of "punch lines" in the text. What are examples of these in the essays? What is a "punch line" defined as?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)