|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the summer camp that the author goes to in "I Like Guys"?
2. What does the forklift operator have a collection of in his house?
3. Where does Peg end up living?
4. Where in Oregon is the author going in "C.O.G."?
5. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
2. What does David fantasize college will be like?
3. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
4. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
5. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
6. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
7. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
8. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
9. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
10. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of language as a comedic technique in "Drama Bug." How does his family react to his behavior in this essay? What is the outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of "punch lines" in the text. What are examples of these in the essays? What is a "punch line" defined as?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)