|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Lisa befriends at camp?
2. How much money does the author find in his apartment building the day after graduating college?
3. What does David figure out that Uta is?
4. Who is labeled as an "incomplete quad"?
5. How long does the author write that the bus from North Carolina to Oregon takes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
2. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
3. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
4. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
5. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
6. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
7. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
8. What does David fantasize college will be like?
9. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
10. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "Imagination versus Reality" in the essays of Naked. How does this theme carry across into different stories?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of language as a comedic technique in "Drama Bug." How does his family react to his behavior in this essay? What is the outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's fascination with hitchhiking in the essays. What is it about this activity that attracts him? What is his final conclusion regarding hitchhiking? Why?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)