|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what grade is the author when he's told his school will be integrating blacks and whites the following year?
2. Who does the author hitchhike cross-country with, who was creating his own college major in Beat literature?
3. Where does Peg end up living?
4. What job does the narrator do at his place of after-school employment?
5. What does the narrator's mother wish to have done with her remains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
2. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
3. What does David fantasize college will be like?
4. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
5. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
6. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
7. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
8. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
9. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
10. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss where the principle setting is of the earlier essays in Naked. How does the author feel about where he grew up?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)