|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
2. Who is the author's friend who shares a fascination with acting in Naked?
3. Where does the narrator hitchhike with his friend to see fake Indians?
4. How many times has the author seen Planet of the Apes?
5. What is the name of the man whom Lisa marries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
2. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
3. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
4. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
5. What does David fantasize college will be like?
6. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
7. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
8. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
9. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
10. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the author's mother and father in the essays. How are these personalities similar? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss where the principle setting is of the earlier essays in Naked. How does the author feel about where he grew up?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)