|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
2. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
3. What do the girls in the Sedaris household play?
4. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
5. What does acting bear a striking resemblance to, when done with precision, according to the author?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sedaris' use of satire. How does satire apply to a memoir piece? How does the author's structure reflect this style?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme, "The Good and Bad of Humanity." How is this theme reflected in several essays? Give examples of persons from the text who represent each.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the author's mother and father in the essays. How are these personalities similar? How do they differ?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)