|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are David and Pam when one of the wheels falls off her chair?
2. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
3. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
4. In what grade is the author when he's told his school will be integrating blacks and whites the following year?
5. What do Lisa and her husband share a deep commitment to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
2. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
3. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
4. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
5. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
6. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
7. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
8. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
9. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
10. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Sedaris' use of symbolism, motif, and imagery. Define these terms and give examples of each from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss the following terms as they apply to Naked: Autobiography, Memoir, and Essay.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)