|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
2. What does David's coworker tell the woman whose apartment they're painting about David?
3. What does David make his siblings sign a clause stating?
4. Where does the author graduate from college?
5. What inspiring visitor comes to the author's school when he is in ninth grade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
2. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
3. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
4. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
5. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
6. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
7. What does David realize at the end of "Drama Bug" regarding his mother?
8. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
9. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
10. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Make a case for what you feel is the strongest theme throughout the book as a whole. What theme appears in most essays?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
Essay Topic 3
What takes place in "Next of Kin"? Where does the title derive from? How does this title take on two meanings in the text? What is the outcome of this story?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)