|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's boss find him doing?
2. What does David make his siblings sign a clause stating?
3. What is the name of the girl that Lisa befriends at camp?
4. How many times has the author seen Planet of the Apes?
5. Where does the author go to meet his hitchhiking friend after his second year in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
2. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
3. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
4. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
5. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
6. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
7. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
8. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
9. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
10. What does David fantasize college will be like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sedaris' use of satire. How does satire apply to a memoir piece? How does the author's structure reflect this style?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss the following terms as they apply to Naked: Autobiography, Memoir, and Essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use and description of setting in Naked. How does Sedaris create a visual effect upon the reader? What settings are described in great detail?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)