|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's coworker tell the woman whose apartment they're painting about David?
2. What would the author travel with in his fantasy television show?
3. What is the name of the woman who finally hires David to paint her apartment?
4. Who does the author hitchhike cross-country with, who was creating his own college major in Beat literature?
5. How much money does David's coworker take from their boss's purse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
2. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
3. What does David fantasize college will be like?
4. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
5. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
6. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
7. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
8. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
9. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
10. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What takes place in "Next of Kin"? Where does the title derive from? How does this title take on two meanings in the text? What is the outcome of this story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the essay "Chipped Beef" in terms of theme, setting, stylistic elements, and fantasy.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Imagination versus Reality" in the essays of Naked. How does this theme carry across into different stories?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)