|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
2. Who is the author's friend who shares a fascination with acting in Naked?
3. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
4. What is the name of the author's first roommate at Kent State?
5. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Sedaris' use of satire. How does satire apply to a memoir piece? How does the author's structure reflect this style?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of religion in Sedaris' life and his essays. Which essays broach this subject? How is religion presented by the author?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of "punch lines" in the text. What are examples of these in the essays? What is a "punch line" defined as?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)