|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
2. What does the author's mother claim happened to their first cat in the first essay?
3. Who does the author say he is considering asking to wax his coins in the first essay?
4. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
5. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first mystery in "True Detective"? How is it solved?
2. When does Ya Ya die? How does the family react?
3. What does Lisa complain about in "Women's Open"? How does her father react?
4. What does David do in order to clear his name in "True Detective"?
5. What changes David's father's mind about Ya Ya's being taken to a care facility? Where does he take her?
6. What happens after the golf tournament in "Women's Open"?
7. Why does the author's mother leave behind a video for Lisa? What is on it?
8. What does Miss Chestnut scold David for in "A Plague of Tics"?
9. Describe what the title, "Next of Kin" refers to.
10. Who in David's family is taken to an institution? What effect does this have?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss "Dinah the Christmas Whore." What events take place in this essay? What lesson does the author learn?
Essay Topic 2
Make a case for what you feel is the strongest theme throughout the book as a whole. What theme appears in most essays?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss the following terms as they apply to Naked: Autobiography, Memoir, and Essay.
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)