|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many lines does the author end up with in the show that is produced by the traveling actor?
2. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
(a) Drops acid.
(b) Drinks a martini.
(c) Smokes a cigarette.
(d) Smokes marijuana.
3. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
4. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
5. What would the author travel with in his fantasy television show?
(a) A gorilla.
(b) A talking parrot.
(c) A cat.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first disabled student the author rooms with at Kent State?
2. What is the name of the man whom the author and Veronica worked for picking apples?
3. What do the girls in the Sedaris household play?
4. Who tells about the little black girl who asked to touch her hair?
5. What does C.O.G. stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
2. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
3. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
4. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
5. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
6. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
7. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
8. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
9. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
10. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)