|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does C.O.G. stand for?
(a) Chunky old geezer.
(b) Capable of genocide.
(c) Cousin of Godzilla.
(d) Child of God.
2. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
(a) The A-Team.
(b) Win a Gazillion Dollars.
(c) Socrates and Company.
(d) Bonnie and Clyde.
3. How much money does the author find in his apartment building the day after graduating college?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
4. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
(a) His sister.
(b) An old lady.
(c) An old man.
(d) His mother.
5. What job does the narrator do at his place of after-school employment?
(a) Dish washer.
(d) Candy vendor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
2. How long does the author write that the bus from North Carolina to Oregon takes?
3. Who is the first disabled student the author rooms with at Kent State?
4. Where does the narrator transfer after his first year in college?
5. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
2. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
3. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
4. What does David fantasize college will be like?
5. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
6. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
7. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
8. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
9. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
10. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)