|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man whom the author and Veronica worked for picking apples?
2. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
(a) An aneurysm.
(c) Lung cancer.
3. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
4. Where does the author return after his time in Oregon?
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) North Carolina.
5. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
(a) In New Zealand.
(b) In Africa.
(c) At the senate.
(d) A peace conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does the narrator do at his place of after-school employment?
2. Who does the author hitchhike cross-country with, who was creating his own college major in Beat literature?
3. What is the name of the prostitute that Lisa brings back to the Sedaris home?
4. Where are the author and his sister sent to summer camp in "I Like Guys"?
5. What does the author's mother offer the prostitute that Lisa brings home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
2. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
3. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
4. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
5. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
6. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
7. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
8. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
9. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
10. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)