|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
2. Where does the author go to meet his hitchhiking friend after his second year in college?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
3. Who tells about the little black girl who asked to touch her hair?
(a) The math teacher.
(b) The author's sister.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The Spanish teacher.
4. Who is the author cast as in the show produced by the visiting actor?
(c) One of the players.
5. What is the name of the man whom the author and Veronica worked for picking apples?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author's mother offer the prostitute that Lisa brings home?
2. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
3. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
4. Who is labeled as an "incomplete quad"?
5. Where does the author return after his time in Oregon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
2. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
3. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
4. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
5. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
6. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
7. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
8. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
9. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
10. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)