|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the summer camp that the author goes to in "I Like Guys"?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
2. Where does the author return after his time in Oregon?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
3. How much money does the author find in his apartment building the day after graduating college?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
4. What does David figure out that Uta is?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A lesbian.
(c) A man.
(d) A mobster.
5. What do the girls in the Sedaris household play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the forklift operator have a collection of in his house?
2. What show does the visiting actor produce in "The Drama Bug"?
3. What does Gretchen do while asking her brother about having children?
4. What is the name of the girl who is befriended by the author's roommate in "I Like Guys"?
5. Where does the orchard owner suggest David take a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David fantasize college will be like?
2. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
3. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
4. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
5. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
6. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
7. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
8. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
9. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
10. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)