|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's boss find him doing?
(a) Replacing money in her purse.
(b) Beating up his coworker.
(c) Snorting cocaine.
(d) Stealing money from her purse.
2. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
(b) Bike messenger.
(d) Garage attendant.
3. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
4. Where does the author graduate from college?
(a) Northwestern University.
(b) The Art Institute.
(c) Texas A&M.
(d) DePaul University.
5. What does the author start a campaign to revive in North Carolina?
(c) Top hats.
(d) Elizabethan English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is packed in the money the author finds in "Something for Everyone"?
2. Where in Oregon is the author going in "C.O.G."?
3. Where does the orchard owner suggest David take a job?
4. Where does Peg end up living?
5. Who is the first disabled student the author rooms with at Kent State?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
2. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
3. Where does David live in college? Why? Who does he live with?
4. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
5. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
6. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
7. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
8. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
9. What does David fantasize college will be like?
10. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)