|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade is the author when he's told his school will be integrating blacks and whites the following year?
2. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
3. Where does the author go to meet his hitchhiking friend after his second year in college?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
(a) Socrates and Company.
(b) The A-Team.
(c) Win a Gazillion Dollars.
(d) Bonnie and Clyde.
5. What show does the visiting actor produce in "The Drama Bug"?
(a) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
2. Where does the author graduate from college?
3. How much money does David's coworker take from their boss's purse?
4. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
5. What does David figure out that Uta is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
2. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
3. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
4. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
5. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
6. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
7. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
8. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
9. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
10. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)