|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's coworker tell the woman whose apartment they're painting about David?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is stealing.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is lazy.
2. What is the name of the man whom the author and Veronica worked for picking apples?
3. Where does the orchard owner suggest David take a job?
(a) The local shop.
(b) A steel factory.
(c) A packing plant.
(d) A Humane Society.
4. Who tells about the little black girl who asked to touch her hair?
(a) The math teacher.
(b) The Spanish teacher.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The author's sister.
5. What is the name of the girl that Lisa befriends at camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
2. What job does the narrator do at his place of after-school employment?
3. What is the name of the man whom Lisa marries?
4. How much money does David's coworker take from their boss's purse?
5. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
2. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
3. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
4. What does David begin to think about people at the end of his hitchhiking days?
5. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
6. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
7. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
8. How does the author describe his and others' behavior in trying to hide their homosexuality?
9. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
10. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)