|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girls in the Sedaris household play?
2. What does the author's mother offer the prostitute that Lisa brings home?
(c) A drink.
3. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
4. What show does the visiting actor produce in "The Drama Bug"?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) King Lear.
5. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) An aneurysm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peg end up living?
2. Where does the author's sister work as an after-school job?
3. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
4. How long does the author write that the bus from North Carolina to Oregon takes?
5. What does the narrator's mother wish to have done with her remains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
2. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
3. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
4. What is the author's reaction to Shakespeare?
5. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
6. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
7. How does David try to right the wrong of his coworker in "Something for Everyone"?
8. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
9. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
10. What does David's coworker do regarding money in "Something for Everyone"? How does David react?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)