|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David's boss find him doing?
(a) Snorting cocaine.
(b) Stealing money from her purse.
(c) Beating up his coworker.
(d) Replacing money in her purse.
2. What does David figure out that Uta is?
(a) A mobster.
(b) A man.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A lesbian.
3. Where is Lisa's camp friend from?
(a) St. Louis, MO.
(b) Chicago, IL.
(c) Queens, NY.
(d) New Jersey.
4. What is the name of the boy David sits next to on the plane to camp?
5. What does acting bear a striking resemblance to, when done with precision, according to the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells about the little black girl who asked to touch her hair?
2. What does the narrator's mother wish to have done with her remains?
3. What is the name of the woman who finally hires David to paint her apartment?
4. How long is the summer camp that the author goes to in "I Like Guys"?
5. Where does Peg end up living?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe David's initial reaction to Curly's home.
2. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
3. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
4. How does the Sedaris family react to Dinah?
5. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
6. What is David's discovery about the disabled? How does he use it to his advantage?
7. What does David fantasize college will be like?
8. What does David's coworker do to try to get David fired? How does this backfire?
9. How does the Sedaris family view marriage?
10. What is David's reaction to San Francisco? How long is he there?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)