|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the orchard owner suggest David take a job?
(a) A packing plant.
(b) The local shop.
(c) A steel factory.
(d) A Humane Society.
2. What is the name of the man whom Lisa marries?
3. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
(a) An old lady.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) An old man.
4. Who is labeled as an "incomplete quad"?
5. What is packed in the money the author finds in "Something for Everyone"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who sleeps in the bunk below David at camp?
2. How much money does David's coworker take from their boss's purse?
3. How much money does the author find in his apartment building the day after graduating college?
4. What does David's coworker tell the woman whose apartment they're painting about David?
5. How long does the author write that the bus from North Carolina to Oregon takes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is David in the beginning of C.O.G.? How pleasant is this trip?
2. What are David and his sister's after-school jobs in high school? How does David like his job?
3. What does David's mother do after several days of his new way of talking in "Drama Bug"? How does he react?
4. How does David's friendship develop in "I Like Guys"?
5. In what way does Peg change at the end of "The Incomplete Quad"?
6. How does David come to believe he must find a job in "Something for Everyone"?
7. Why does David befriend the prisoners on staff in "Dinah the Christmas Whore" and what is his conclusion?
8. Who finally hires David in "Something for Everyone"? Who is his coworker?
9. Who is Dinah and what does Lisa say upon seeing her?
10. Where do David and his sister go in "I Like Guys"? Who do they befriend?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)