|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author's sister work as an after-school job?
(c) J.C. Steakhouse.
2. What do Lisa and her husband share a deep commitment to?
(a) His family.
(b) Italian food.
(c) Her family.
(d) Mexican food.
3. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
(a) Garage attendant.
(c) Bike messenger.
4. What do the girls in the Sedaris household play?
5. Where does the orchard owner suggest David take a job?
(a) The local shop.
(b) A Humane Society.
(c) A packing plant.
(d) A steel factory.
6. Who has drawn the author's name in the Christmas lottery for gifts?
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. What does David figure out that Uta is?
(a) A man.
(b) A lesbian.
(c) A mobster.
(d) A prostitute.
8. Where does the narrator hitchhike with his friend to see fake Indians?
9. What is the name of the prostitute that Lisa brings back to the Sedaris home?
10. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
11. What does the forklift operator have a collection of in his house?
(a) Artificial penises.
(b) Glass goblins.
(d) Ceramic gnomes.
12. Where does the author tell the person who picks him up hitchhiking that his father is?
(a) In Africa.
(b) A peace conference.
(c) At the senate.
(d) In New Zealand.
13. What is the name of the other worker hired to paint the apartment with David?
14. What color walls does the narrator describe the Piccadilly as having?
15. Where does the author end up riding much of the way on his bus trip to Oregon?
(a) By a crying baby.
(b) In a seat alone.
(c) On the floor.
(d) By the bus driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
2. Where is Lisa's camp friend from?
3. What is packed in the money the author finds in "Something for Everyone"?
4. Who tells about the little black girl who asked to touch her hair?
5. Where are the author and his sister sent to summer camp in "I Like Guys"?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)