|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's mother announce that she has two weeks before Lisa's wedding?
(a) An aneurysm.
(b) Lung cancer.
2. What year is the last time the author heard from Peg?
3. Who has drawn the author's name in the Christmas lottery for gifts?
(a) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. Who picks up the author when he first hitchhikes?
(a) An old man.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) An old lady.
5. What does the author start a campaign to revive in North Carolina?
(a) Elizabethan English.
(d) Top hats.
6. What does David's coworker tell the woman whose apartment they're painting about David?
(a) He is stealing.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He is lazy.
(d) He is stupid.
7. What does David's boss find him doing?
(a) Stealing money from her purse.
(b) Replacing money in her purse.
(c) Beating up his coworker.
(d) Snorting cocaine.
8. What is the ancient beagle named, owned by the man the author picked apples for?
9. How many times has the author seen Planet of the Apes?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Sixteen times.
10. What job does the author take in San Francisco?
(b) Bike messenger.
(c) Garage attendant.
11. What is the name of the prostitute that Lisa brings back to the Sedaris home?
12. How long is the summer camp that the author goes to in "I Like Guys"?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two months.
13. Where does the author end up riding much of the way on his bus trip to Oregon?
(a) By a crying baby.
(b) On the floor.
(c) In a seat alone.
(d) By the bus driver.
14. Near what sea is the summer camp located which the author goes to?
(a) The Balkan Sea.
(b) The Asiatic Sea.
(c) The Ionian Sea.
(d) The Red Sea.
15. Who is the author cast as in the show produced by the visiting actor?
(d) One of the players.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the forklift operator the author meets at the plant?
2. How many lines does the author end up with in the show that is produced by the traveling actor?
3. Who does the author hitchhike cross-country with, who was creating his own college major in Beat literature?
4. What would the author travel with in his fantasy television show?
5. Where does the orchard owner suggest David take a job?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)