|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has drawn the author's name in the Christmas lottery for gifts?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Where does the narrator hitchhike with his friend to see fake Indians?
3. Where does the author end up riding much of the way on his bus trip to Oregon?
(a) In a seat alone.
(b) By a crying baby.
(c) By the bus driver.
(d) On the floor.
4. What is the name of the girl who is befriended by the author's roommate in "I Like Guys"?
5. Who's eighteenth birthday does the narrator's family celebrate four days before Christmas?
6. Where does the author go to meet his hitchhiking friend after his second year in college?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
7. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
(a) Socrates and Company.
(b) Win a Gazillion Dollars.
(c) Bonnie and Clyde.
(d) The A-Team.
8. How long does the author write that the bus from North Carolina to Oregon takes?
(a) Four days.
(b) Six days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
9. What is the name of the man whom Lisa marries?
10. What year is the last time the author heard from Peg?
11. What is the name of the prostitute that Lisa brings back to the Sedaris home?
12. What is the name of the girl the narrator befriends in college?
13. What does David figure out that Uta is?
(a) A lesbian.
(b) A mobster.
(c) A man.
(d) A prostitute.
14. What inspiring visitor comes to the author's school when he is in ninth grade?
(a) A mime.
(b) An astronaut.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A politician.
15. How many times has the author seen Planet of the Apes?
(a) Four times.
(b) Sixteen times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are David and Pam when one of the wheels falls off her chair?
2. How much money does David's coworker take from their boss's purse?
3. What is the name of the author's first roommate at Kent State?
4. Where are the author and his sister sent to summer camp in "I Like Guys"?
5. Who is the author cast as in the show produced by the visiting actor?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)