|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man whom the author and Veronica worked for picking apples?
2. In what grade is the author when he's told his school will be integrating blacks and whites the following year?
3. What color walls does the narrator describe the Piccadilly as having?
4. What does David figure out that Uta is?
(a) A lesbian.
(b) A man.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A mobster.
5. What does David make his siblings sign a clause stating?
(a) They will do the dishes.
(b) They will mow the lawn.
(c) They will leave home.
(d) They will never marry.
6. What is the name of the girl that Lisa befriends at camp?
7. Where does the author get an after-school job as a teenager?
(a) A newsstand.
(b) A malt shop.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A cafeteria.
8. Where does the author end up riding much of the way on his bus trip to Oregon?
(a) In a seat alone.
(b) By a crying baby.
(c) On the floor.
(d) By the bus driver.
9. How long is the summer camp that the author goes to in "I Like Guys"?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
10. What show does the visiting actor produce in "The Drama Bug"?
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) King Lear.
11. What does C.O.G. stand for?
(a) Cousin of Godzilla.
(b) Capable of genocide.
(c) Chunky old geezer.
(d) Child of God.
12. Where are the author and his sister sent to summer camp in "I Like Guys"?
13. What is the name of the man whom Lisa marries?
14. What does the author's mother offer the prostitute that Lisa brings home?
(d) A drink.
15. What year is the last time the author heard from Peg?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author hitchhike cross-country with, who was creating his own college major in Beat literature?
2. Where does the author graduate from college?
3. What is the name of the woman who finally hires David to paint her apartment?
4. What does acting bear a striking resemblance to, when done with precision, according to the author?
5. What television program does the author fantasize about starring in one day?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)