|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) A Ford Mustang.
(b) An Alfa Romeo.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Volkswagon.
2. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(a) Using a saw.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) Mowing the lawn.
3. Who stabs the author in the eye with a pencil?
4. Who becomes Ya Ya's roommate at the private facility?
(a) Mrs. Wilkinson.
(b) Mrs. Denardo.
(c) Mrs. Eldridge.
(d) Mrs. Thomson.
5. What denomination is the money in Lou Sedaris' dresser drawer?
(a) Silver dollars.
(b) One-dollar bills.
6. What color towels does the author's mother replace the old ones with in "True Detective"?
7. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
8. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
(b) Home economics.
9. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
(a) The penny.
(b) The quarter.
(c) Revlon cosmetics ads.
(d) The monorail token.
10. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
(a) Bowling Green.
(c) Strawberry Greens.
11. How does Ya Ya start a fire while at the community living apartment?
(a) With a cigarette.
(b) With a coffee pot.
(c) With a magnifying glass.
(d) With her iron.
12. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
(a) True Detective.
(b) A Plague of Tics.
(c) The Women's Open.
(d) Chipped Beef.
13. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Magic markers.
(d) Shoe polish.
14. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
15. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one in the household who seemed to enjoy the childrens' golf bags?
2. Who is the protagonist in "The Fugitive," which the author regularly checks in on?
3. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
4. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
5. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)