|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Shoe polish.
(c) Magic markers.
2. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
3. Who does the author's father "dupe" into going to the golf course in essay six?
(a) Amy and David.
(b) Lou Jr. and David.
(c) Bruno and David.
(d) Lisa and David.
4. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(a) Getting struck by lightning.
(b) Using a saw.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
5. What does the author say he has to tie over his eyes to sleep at night in the first essay?
(a) A sash.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A sock.
(d) A mask.
6. Who is the only one in the household who seemed to enjoy the childrens' golf bags?
(a) Their mother.
(c) The cat.
7. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Italians.
8. Where does the author's father vehemently object to the author moving?
(c) New York.
9. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
10. Where does the narrator say his family sits in the church in the first essay?
(a) The awning.
(b) The first row.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The last row.
11. What is the author's father's name?
12. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A sensitive loner.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A true detective.
(d) A fugitive.
13. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Putting her to sleep.
(b) Sending her to her sister.
(c) Putting her in a nursing home.
(d) Sending for a nurse.
14. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
15. What do the author's mother and older sister share a love for?
(b) Romance novels.
(d) Monster movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author's mother's family live?
2. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
3. Where is the author's father's second hiding place?
4. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
5. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)