Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Sending for a nurse.
(b) Sending her to her sister.
(c) Putting her in a nursing home.
(d) Putting her to sleep.
2. What does the narrator do with his shoe obsessively in the second essay?
(a) Cradles it.
(b) Taps his head.
(c) Crosses himself with it.
(d) Throws it at peers.
3. What denomination is the money in Lou Sedaris' dresser drawer?
(b) Silver dollars.
(d) One-dollar bills.
4. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
5. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
6. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
(a) Green Gardens.
(c) Blue Skies.
7. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A light switch.
(c) His nose.
(d) A rock.
8. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's father's friend.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The author's sister.
9. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
10. What is the name of the family in the book the author finds in "Next of Kin"?
(a) The Waltons.
(b) The Whitmores.
(c) The Rivers.
(d) The Jacksons.
11. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
(a) A Plague of Tics.
(b) True Detective.
(c) The Women's Open.
(d) Chipped Beef.
12. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
(a) Miss Waterman.
(b) Miss Pafunda.
(c) Miss Walton.
(d) Miss Chestnutt.
13. What is the Cyclops' occupation?
(b) Tie salesman.
(c) Shoe salesman.
(d) News editor.
14. Where was the narrator/author born?
(a) Endicott, New York.
(b) Brooklyn, New York.
(c) Queens, New York.
(d) New York, New York.
15. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
(a) Chipped Beef.
(b) The Women's Open.
(c) The Dragon in the Basement.
(d) A Plague of Tics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
2. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
3. What is the name of the author's father's friend with the missing eye?
4. Where is the author's father's second hiding place?
5. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)