|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
(a) Chipped Beef.
(b) True Detective.
(c) The Women's Open.
(d) A Plague of Tics.
2. Who becomes Ya Ya's roommate at the private facility?
(a) Mrs. Eldridge.
(b) Mrs. Denardo.
(c) Mrs. Thomson.
(d) Mrs. Wilkinson.
3. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. The person in the newspaper article was robbed of $300 and what?
(a) A jackhammer.
(b) A wig.
(c) A clock radio.
(d) Golf clubs.
5. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
6. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
(a) A chef.
(b) A burglar.
(c) A child.
(d) A drug addict.
7. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
(a) Home economics.
8. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's mother.
(b) The author's father's friend.
(c) The author's sister.
(d) The author's father.
9. Who is the only one in the household who seemed to enjoy the childrens' golf bags?
(c) The cat.
(d) Their mother.
10. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) The girl.
(b) Love bug.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) That woman.
11. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) A clown.
(b) A tippler.
(c) A reformer.
(d) An orthodox.
12. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
(b) Green Gardens.
(c) Blue Skies.
13. What does the author say he has to tie over his eyes to sleep at night in the first essay?
(a) A sash.
(b) A mask.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A sock.
14. Where does the author's father vehemently object to the author moving?
(c) New York.
15. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It committed suicide.
(b) It caught on fire.
(c) It was eaten by a cat.
(d) It was run over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
2. How much does the napkin holder made by the author weigh?
3. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
4. How many siblings does the author have?
5. What does the author's father collect in a goldfish bowl for good luck?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)