|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author.
(b) The author's neighbor.
(c) The author's nephew.
(d) The author's brother.
2. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) That woman.
(b) The girl.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Love bug.
3. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) In the garbage disposal.
(c) With a saw.
(d) Using a hammer.
4. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
5. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
(a) An Alfa Romeo.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Mercedes.
(d) A porsche.
6. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Putting her in a nursing home.
(b) Putting her to sleep.
(c) Sending for a nurse.
(d) Sending her to her sister.
7. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
(a) She tripped over her cat.
(b) She was hit by a truck.
(c) She fell downstairs.
(d) She fell in the shower.
8. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
9. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
(b) A pro golfer.
(d) The author.
10. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
11. The author writes in "True Detective," that to listen to his mother you'd have thought the streets of Raleigh were crawling with what?
(c) Heroin addicts.
12. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Mt. Ida, NY.
(b) Rochester, NY.
(c) Binghamton, NY.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
13. What denomination is the money in Lou Sedaris' dresser drawer?
(b) Silver dollars.
(c) One-dollar bills.
14. What is the author's mother's name?
15. Where is the author's father's second hiding place?
(a) The shed.
(b) The basement.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) The attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
2. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
3. What is the name of the sanitarium in Raleigh?
4. Who stabs the author in the eye with a pencil?
5. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)