|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author's neighbor.
(b) The author's nephew.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author.
2. What color towels does the author's mother replace the old ones with in "True Detective"?
3. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Raleigh, North Carolina.
4. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
(a) Blue Skies.
(d) Green Gardens.
5. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
6. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His brother.
(d) His grandmother.
7. Who does the author's father "dupe" into going to the golf course in essay six?
(a) Amy and David.
(b) Lou Jr. and David.
(c) Lisa and David.
(d) Bruno and David.
8. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) An ATM machine.
(b) A mummy.
(c) A clown.
(d) An embarassment.
9. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
(a) A child.
(b) A chef.
(c) A burglar.
(d) A drug addict.
10. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
(a) She tripped over her cat.
(b) She fell downstairs.
(c) She was hit by a truck.
(d) She fell in the shower.
11. What is the author's mother's name?
12. How much does the napkin holder made by the author weigh?
(a) Seven pounds.
(b) Six ounces.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Ten pounds.
13. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
14. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
15. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) An orthodox.
(b) A clown.
(c) A tippler.
(d) A reformer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
2. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
3. What does Ya Ya live above?
4. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
5. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)