|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
2. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It committed suicide.
(b) It caught on fire.
(c) It was run over.
(d) It was eaten by a cat.
3. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
(a) The author's girlfriend.
(b) The author's dog.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The author's grandmother.
4. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
5. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
(a) She tripped over her cat.
(b) She fell downstairs.
(c) She was hit by a truck.
(d) She fell in the shower.
6. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
(a) Chipped Beef.
(b) A Plague of Tics.
(c) The Women's Open.
(d) The Dragon in the Basement.
7. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
(a) A dog.
(b) A child.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A cat.
8. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
(a) His nose.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His skin.
(d) His hair.
9. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) Getting struck by lightning.
(c) Using a saw.
10. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
(d) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
11. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Shoe polish.
(b) Magic markers.
12. Who calls the rent house where the narrator's family lived, "our own little corner of hell"?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
13. How old is the narrator when his grandfather died?
14. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's mother.
(b) The author's sister.
(c) The author's father.
(d) The author's father's friend.
15. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) Mowing the lawn.
(b) In the garbage disposal.
(c) Using a hammer.
(d) With a saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
2. How does the reverend deliver his sermon in the first essay?
3. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
4. What is the name of the sanitarium in Raleigh?
5. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)