|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A true detective.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A sensitive loner.
(d) A fugitive.
2. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
(a) The author's dog.
(b) The author's mother.
(c) The author's girlfriend.
(d) The author's grandmother.
3. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Putting her to sleep.
(b) Sending for a nurse.
(c) Sending her to her sister.
(d) Putting her in a nursing home.
5. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It was eaten by a cat.
(b) It committed suicide.
(c) It was run over.
(d) It caught on fire.
6. What is the author's mother's name?
7. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
(a) A child.
(b) A burglar.
(c) A chef.
(d) A drug addict.
8. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
9. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
10. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
11. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
(a) The author.
(b) A pro golfer.
12. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) Love bug.
(b) That woman.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The girl.
13. What does the narrator do with his shoe obsessively in the second essay?
(a) Taps his head.
(b) Throws it at peers.
(c) Cradles it.
(d) Crosses himself with it.
14. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author's neighbor.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's nephew.
15. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
2. What is the author's father's name?
3. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
4. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
5. Who calls the rent house where the narrator's family lived, "our own little corner of hell"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)