|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
(a) The author's dog.
(b) The author's grandmother.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The author's girlfriend.
2. What does the narrator do with his shoe obsessively in the second essay?
(a) Cradles it.
(b) Throws it at peers.
(c) Taps his head.
(d) Crosses himself with it.
3. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
4. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
5. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
6. What does the author's father collect in a goldfish bowl for good luck?
(a) Golf balls.
(b) Golf tees.
7. The person in the newspaper article was robbed of $300 and what?
(a) Golf clubs.
(b) A wig.
(c) A clock radio.
(d) A jackhammer.
8. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
9. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Getting struck by lightning.
(d) Using a saw.
10. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
(b) The author.
(c) A pro golfer.
11. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
(a) The Women's Open.
(b) Chipped Beef.
(c) A Plague of Tics.
(d) True Detective.
12. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her son.
13. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) An Alfa Romeo.
(b) A Ford Mustang.
(c) A Volkswagon.
(d) A Jeep.
14. What is the author's mother's name?
15. Who does Ya Ya's roommate at the home say she is the step-sister to?
(a) The author.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
2. What does Ya Ya live above?
3. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
4. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
5. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)