|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first essay in Naked?
(a) Chipped Beef.
(b) True Detective.
(c) The Women's Open.
(d) A Plague of Tics.
2. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) That woman.
(b) The girl.
(c) Love bug.
(d) Her daughter.
3. What does the author say he wanted a home with, as opposed to a fence?
(a) A moat.
(b) A fortress.
(c) A dungeon.
(d) A lion.
4. What denomination is the money in Lou Sedaris' dresser drawer?
(b) Silver dollars.
(c) One-dollar bills.
5. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) Rochester, NY.
(c) Mt. Ida, NY.
(d) Binghamton, NY.
6. What color towels does the author's mother replace the old ones with in "True Detective"?
7. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) A reformer.
(b) An orthodox.
(c) A clown.
(d) A tippler.
8. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
9. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
(c) Bath towels.
10. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
11. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A true detective.
(b) A sensitive loner.
(c) A fugitive.
(d) A criminal.
12. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's mother.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's father's friend.
(d) The author's sister.
13. Where does the narrator say his family sits in the church in the first essay?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The awning.
(c) The first row.
(d) The last row.
14. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
(b) Home economics.
15. What is the author's youngest brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
2. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
3. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
4. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
5. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)