|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's neighbor.
(d) The author's nephew.
2. How many siblings does the author have?
3. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
4. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It was eaten by a cat.
(b) It committed suicide.
(c) It was run over.
(d) It caught on fire.
5. What has happened to the narrator's sisters in the first essay?
(a) They were kidnapped.
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They ran away.
(d) They joined the circus.
6. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
7. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) An embarassment.
(b) An ATM machine.
(c) A mummy.
(d) A clown.
8. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
(a) The Dragon in the Basement.
(b) The Women's Open.
(c) Chipped Beef.
(d) A Plague of Tics.
9. What does the author's mother claim happened to their first cat in the first essay?
(a) It killed a mouse.
(b) It loved David.
(c) It committed suicide.
(d) It caught on fire.
10. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
11. What is the author's father's name?
12. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) A tippler.
(b) A reformer.
(c) A clown.
(d) An orthodox.
13. What does the author's mother run over while taking him home from play practice?
(a) A child.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
14. What is the name of the development that Ya Ya is moved to?
(a) Retirement Heaven.
(b) Johnson Assisted Living.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) Capital Towers.
15. Who is the only one in the household who seemed to enjoy the childrens' golf bags?
(a) The cat.
(b) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
2. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
3. How does the reverend deliver his sermon in the first essay?
4. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
5. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)