|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Mt. Ida, NY.
(b) Rochester, NY.
(c) Binghamton, NY.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
2. What is the name of the development that Ya Ya is moved to?
(a) Johnson Assisted Living.
(b) Capital Towers.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) Retirement Heaven.
3. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
(a) Shoe polish.
(c) Magic markers.
4. Who is the protagonist in "The Fugitive," which the author regularly checks in on?
(a) Jake Agnew.
(b) Gerald Kimble.
(c) Horace Walker.
(d) Richard Kimble.
5. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author's brother.
(b) The author's neighbor.
(c) The author.
(d) The author's nephew.
6. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
7. How much does the napkin holder made by the author weigh?
(a) Six ounces.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Seven pounds.
8. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's sister.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's father's friend.
(d) The author's mother.
10. Where is the author's father's second hiding place?
(a) The shed.
(b) The basement.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) The attic.
11. What do the author's mother and older sister share a love for?
(b) Monster movies.
(d) Romance novels.
12. What does the author's mother claim happened to their first cat in the first essay?
(a) It killed a mouse.
(b) It loved David.
(c) It committed suicide.
(d) It caught on fire.
13. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Putting her in a nursing home.
(b) Sending for a nurse.
(c) Putting her to sleep.
(d) Sending her to her sister.
14. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
(a) The penny.
(b) The quarter.
(c) Revlon cosmetics ads.
(d) The monorail token.
15. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
(a) A pro golfer.
(c) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the rent house where the narrator's family lived, "our own little corner of hell"?
2. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
3. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
4. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
5. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)