|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ya Ya live above?
(a) An arcade.
(b) A Wal-Mart.
(c) A candy store.
(d) A pharmacy.
2. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) Using a hammer.
(b) In the garbage disposal.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) With a saw.
3. What do the author's mother and older sister share a love for?
(a) Monster movies.
(b) Romance novels.
4. What is the name of the sanitarium in Raleigh?
(a) Dix Hill.
(b) White Castle.
(d) Green Willow Creek.
5. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
6. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
(a) Porn magazines.
(b) A mechanical pencil.
7. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A fugitive.
(c) A true detective.
(d) A sensitive loner.
8. What color towels does the author's mother replace the old ones with in "True Detective"?
9. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
(a) A drug addict.
(b) A chef.
(c) A burglar.
(d) A child.
10. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Binghamton, NY.
(b) Philadelphia, PA.
(c) Rochester, NY.
(d) Mt. Ida, NY.
11. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author's brother.
(b) The author's nephew.
(c) The author's neighbor.
(d) The author.
12. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
13. Who calls the rent house where the narrator's family lived, "our own little corner of hell"?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
14. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
(a) Miss Walton.
(b) Miss Pafunda.
(c) Miss Waterman.
(d) Miss Chestnutt.
15. How does the reverend deliver his sermon in the first essay?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On a Great Dane.
(c) On television.
(d) In the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
2. What is the author's father's name?
3. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
4. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
5. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)