|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's sister.
(b) The author's father's friend.
(c) The author's father.
(d) The author's mother.
2. What does Ya Ya live above?
(a) A Wal-Mart.
(b) A pharmacy.
(c) An arcade.
(d) A candy store.
3. What has happened to the narrator's sisters in the first essay?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They joined the circus.
(c) They ran away.
(d) They were kidnapped.
4. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Putting her to sleep.
(b) Putting her in a nursing home.
(c) Sending for a nurse.
(d) Sending her to her sister.
5. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
(c) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
(d) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
6. Where was the narrator/author born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Queens, New York.
(c) Brooklyn, New York.
(d) Endicott, New York.
7. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) That woman.
(b) The girl.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Love bug.
8. What denomination is the money in Lou Sedaris' dresser drawer?
(b) Silver dollars.
(d) One-dollar bills.
9. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
(a) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(b) St. Louis, Missouri.
(c) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
10. Who does Ya Ya's roommate at the home say she is the step-sister to?
(a) The Pope.
(c) The author.
(d) Jesus Christ.
11. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) A reformer.
(b) A clown.
(c) A tippler.
(d) An orthodox.
12. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
13. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) An embarassment.
(b) A clown.
(c) A mummy.
(d) An ATM machine.
14. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A bag.
(c) A coin box.
(d) A kneesock.
15. At what golf hole does Lisa begin her period in "The Women's Open"?
(a) The fourteenth.
(b) The ninth.
(c) The seventh.
(d) The sixth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
2. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
3. What does Lisa complain is hurting her in "The Women's Open"?
4. What does the author say he wanted a home with, as opposed to a fence?
5. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)