|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ya Ya diagnosed with in the third essay?
2. What has happened to the narrator's sisters in the first essay?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They were kidnapped.
(c) They joined the circus.
(d) They ran away.
3. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
(a) His nose.
(b) His skin.
(c) His hair.
(d) His eyes.
4. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) A Ford Mustang.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) An Alfa Romeo.
(d) A Volkswagon.
5. Where is the author's father's second hiding place?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) The shed.
(c) The attic.
(d) The basement.
6. Who does Ya Ya's roommate at the home say she is the step-sister to?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The author.
(d) The Pope.
7. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's nephew.
(d) The author's neighbor.
8. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
9. What does the author's grandmother refer to his mother as?
(a) Love bug.
(b) The girl.
(c) That woman.
(d) Her daughter.
10. What does Ya Ya live above?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) An arcade.
(c) A Wal-Mart.
(d) A candy store.
11. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's father.
(b) The author's father's friend.
(c) The author's mother.
(d) The author's sister.
12. Who leaves a large inheritance to the author's mother?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
13. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
14. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
15. Where was the narrator/author born?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Endicott, New York.
(c) Brooklyn, New York.
(d) Queens, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What denomination is the money in Lou Sedaris' dresser drawer?
2. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
3. Where is the author's paternal grandmother from?
4. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
5. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)