|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A fugitive.
(c) A true detective.
(d) A sensitive loner.
2. What does the author say his mother's profile is featured on in the first essay?
(a) The monorail token.
(b) The quarter.
(c) Revlon cosmetics ads.
(d) The penny.
3. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
(a) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Cleveland, Mississippi.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
4. What color towels does the author's mother replace the old ones with in "True Detective"?
5. What is the name of the author's father's friend with the missing eye?
6. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
(a) A porsche.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A BMW.
(d) An Alfa Romeo.
7. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
(a) The author's mother.
(b) The author's dog.
(c) The author's grandmother.
(d) The author's girlfriend.
8. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) In the garbage disposal.
(b) With a saw.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Using a hammer.
9. The person in the newspaper article was robbed of $300 and what?
(a) A jackhammer.
(b) Golf clubs.
(c) A wig.
(d) A clock radio.
10. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(a) Getting struck by lightning.
(b) Using a saw.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
11. Who receives a BB gun for his 12th birthday?
(a) The author's nephew.
(b) The author's neighbor.
(c) The author's brother.
(d) The author.
12. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
13. The author writes in "True Detective," that to listen to his mother you'd have thought the streets of Raleigh were crawling with what?
(b) Heroin addicts.
14. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her father.
15. Where was the narrator/author born?
(a) Endicott, New York.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Brooklyn, New York.
(d) Queens, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
2. At what golf hole does Lisa begin her period in "The Women's Open"?
3. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
4. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
5. How does Ya Ya start a fire while at the community living apartment?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)