|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sibling of the author's holds an imaginary after school class in "Next of Kin"?
2. What does the narrator do with his shoe obsessively in the second essay?
(a) Taps his head.
(b) Cradles it.
(c) Throws it at peers.
(d) Crosses himself with it.
3. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) A Ford Mustang.
(b) An Alfa Romeo.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Volkswagon.
4. Where does the author hide for his "stakeout" in "True Detective"?
(a) The attic.
(b) His father's bathroom.
(c) His father's closet.
(d) His closet.
5. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
6. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's father's friend.
(b) The author's sister.
(c) The author's father.
(d) The author's mother.
7. How does Ya Ya start a fire while at the community living apartment?
(a) With a magnifying glass.
(b) With a cigarette.
(c) With her iron.
(d) With a coffee pot.
8. What is Ya Ya's recently deceased pet?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goldfish.
(c) A hamster.
(d) A dog.
9. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
(a) Home economics.
10. What does the author refer to his minister as in the first essay?
(a) A reformer.
(b) A clown.
(c) An orthodox.
(d) A tippler.
11. What does the author's mother insist on doing with Ya Ya?
(a) Sending her to her sister.
(b) Sending for a nurse.
(c) Putting her in a nursing home.
(d) Putting her to sleep.
12. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A fugitive.
(c) A sensitive loner.
(d) A true detective.
13. What is the title of Sedaris' second essay in Naked?
(a) Chipped Beef.
(b) The Women's Open.
(c) The Dragon in the Basement.
(d) A Plague of Tics.
14. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) A clown.
(b) An embarassment.
(c) An ATM machine.
(d) A mummy.
15. Who does the author's mother deduce would use a knife to perpetrate a crime?
(a) A child.
(b) A chef.
(c) A burglar.
(d) A drug addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
2. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
3. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
4. Where does the author's family move when he's a child?
5. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)