|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What home does Ya Ya finally end up at?
(a) Green Gardens.
(b) Blue Skies.
2. Where does the narrator say his family sits in the church in the first essay?
(a) The last row.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The first row.
(d) The awning.
3. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
4. Who curses at the author's father in "The Women's Open"?
(a) A pro golfer.
(d) The author.
5. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
(b) Bowling Green.
(c) Strawberry Greens.
6. How does the narrator's grandmother break her hip?
(a) She was hit by a truck.
(b) She tripped over her cat.
(c) She fell downstairs.
(d) She fell in the shower.
7. Who does the author's mother leave a video tape for once she's passed away?
8. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It was eaten by a cat.
(b) It committed suicide.
(c) It was run over.
(d) It caught on fire.
9. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) An Alfa Romeo.
(d) A porsche.
10. Who does Ya Ya's roommate at the home say she is the step-sister to?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(d) The author.
11. What is the name of the author's father's friend with the missing eye?
12. How does the author's father say his friend lost his right hand?
(a) With a saw.
(b) Mowing the lawn.
(c) Using a hammer.
(d) In the garbage disposal.
13. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
14. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A sensitive loner.
(b) A criminal.
(c) A true detective.
(d) A fugitive.
15. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
(b) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does the author have?
2. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
3. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
4. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
5. What does the author use to dye his hair in "True Detective"?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)