|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has one of the household members taken to using as toilet paper in "True Detective"?
(d) Bath towels.
2. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
3. What is the name of the development that Ya Ya is moved to?
(a) Johnson Assisted Living.
(b) Capital Towers.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) Retirement Heaven.
4. What class does the narrator take when he is in junior high?
(d) Home economics.
5. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
6. What is the name of the family in the book the author finds in "Next of Kin"?
(a) The Jacksons.
(b) The Waltons.
(c) The Whitmores.
(d) The Rivers.
7. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
(a) Bowling Green.
(c) Strawberry Greens.
8. Who is the protagonist in "The Fugitive," which the author regularly checks in on?
(a) Horace Walker.
(b) Richard Kimble.
(c) Gerald Kimble.
(d) Jake Agnew.
9. What does Ya Ya live above?
(a) A candy store.
(b) An arcade.
(c) A Wal-Mart.
(d) A pharmacy.
10. Who does the author say wants to design a lunar module based on the shape of his skull?
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The Germans.
11. How many steps does it take the narrator to walk home from school in the second essay?
12. Who's tee does the author's father encourage Lisa to go get?
13. What is the name of the author's father's friend with the missing eye?
14. How does Ya Ya start a fire while at the community living apartment?
(a) With a cigarette.
(b) With a magnifying glass.
(c) With her iron.
(d) With a coffee pot.
15. Who does "Ya Ya" refer to?
(a) The author's mother.
(b) The author's girlfriend.
(c) The author's grandmother.
(d) The author's dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say his family sits in the church in the first essay?
2. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
3. What does the author say he wanted a home with, as opposed to a fence?
4. What does the author's mother claim happened to their first cat in the first essay?
5. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)