|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author's mother's family live?
(a) Rochester, NY.
(b) Mt. Ida, NY.
(c) Binghamton, NY.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
2. What does the narrator say his sister Lisa wouldn't know "if he crawled into her lap with a fistful of daisies"?
(a) A true detective.
(b) A sensitive loner.
(c) A criminal.
(d) A fugitive.
3. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) A Volkswagon.
(b) An Alfa Romeo.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A Ford Mustang.
4. What is the author's mother's name?
5. What is the author's eldest sister's name?
6. What does the narrator's father find in his room when he searches it?
(c) A mechanical pencil.
(d) Porn magazines.
7. What is the author's father's name?
8. How does the author's father say his friend lost a foot?
(a) Using a saw.
(c) Mowing the lawn.
(d) Getting struck by lightning.
9. What is the name of the church the author speaks of in the first essay?
(a) The Cathedral of the Sparkling Nature.
(b) The Church of the Divine Intervention.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Holy Majestic Cathedral.
10. What does Lisa complain is hurting her in "The Women's Open"?
(a) Her back.
(b) Her neck.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her arm.
11. What color carpet does the author's father install in their living room?
12. What does the narrator do with his shoe obsessively in the second essay?
(a) Cradles it.
(b) Throws it at peers.
(c) Crosses himself with it.
(d) Taps his head.
13. What is the author's teacher's name in the second essay?
(a) Miss Walton.
(b) Miss Chestnutt.
(c) Miss Waterman.
(d) Miss Pafunda.
14. What is the name of the development that Ya Ya is moved to?
(a) Capital Towers.
(b) Johnson Assisted Living.
(c) Retirement Heaven.
(d) Green Acres.
15. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say his family sits in the church in the first essay?
2. Who comes to the house to speak to the author's mother in the second essay?
3. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
4. Who does the author say he is considering asking to wax his coins in the first essay?
5. What is the name of the patient who was a paranoid Tuscan?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)