|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does "Cyclops" refer to in Naked?
(a) The author's mother.
(b) The author's father.
(c) The author's father's friend.
(d) The author's sister.
2. Who does the author say he is considering asking to wax his coins in the first essay?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The servants.
(d) His sister.
3. What does Ya Ya live above?
(a) A candy store.
(b) A Wal-Mart.
(c) An arcade.
(d) A pharmacy.
4. What do the narrator and his brother come to view their grandmother as?
(a) A mummy.
(b) An ATM machine.
(c) A clown.
(d) An embarassment.
5. What do the author's mother and older sister share a love for?
(a) Romance novels.
(d) Monster movies.
6. What kind of brand-new car was stolen the previous week from a couple in Pamlico in "True Detective"?
(a) An Alfa Romeo.
(b) A Jeep.
(c) A Ford Mustang.
(d) A Volkswagon.
7. What is the name of the golf course where the author's father takes him and his sister in "The Women's Open"?
(a) Bowling Green.
(c) Strawberry Greens.
8. What kind of car has the author's father bought in the sixth essay?
(a) An Alfa Romeo.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A porsche.
(d) A BMW.
9. What is the narrator obsessed with licking in the second essay?
(a) A light bulb.
(b) A light switch.
(c) A rock.
(d) His nose.
10. What is the author's youngest brother's name?
11. What does the narrator say is his best asset in the first essay?
(a) His hair.
(b) His nose.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His skin.
12. How much money is stolen from the author's father's dresser drawer in "True Detective"?
13. The author writes in the first essay, "It seemed that every Christmas my mother was _______."
14. What does the author's grandmother believe happened to her pet?
(a) It was run over.
(b) It committed suicide.
(c) It was eaten by a cat.
(d) It caught on fire.
15. Where does the author's father store his money in the dresser?
(a) A coin box.
(b) A kneesock.
(c) A bag.
(d) A wallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa complain is hurting her in "The Women's Open"?
2. Who is the only one in the household who seemed to enjoy the childrens' golf bags?
3. Who stabs the author in the eye with a pencil?
4. Who does the author's father say that Ya Ya found dead in the middle of the road?
5. What is the author's father's name?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)