|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does this type of value come?
2. What is Rius' simple definition of capitalism?
3. What does Marx do with Hegel and Feurerbach's theories?
4. To what are Marx's theories leading him?
5. What is the second stage, according to Vico?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is surplus value? How does this affect the worker?
2. What does Marx say about alienation?
3. What are Kant's ideas?
4. What are dialectics and the dialectical method?
5. What are the ideas of empiricism? Who supported these ideas?
6. How does Rius begin to examine the roots of Marxism?
7. What are the ideas of Giambattista Vico?
8. How do the foundations of Marx's economic thought begin to come together?
9. Describe the French socialists. What did Marx think of these men?
10. Who are three of Greece's most well-known and important philosophers? Give detailed information about the theories of one of these philosophers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through Lenin, Marx's ideas reach a world audience.
Part 1) Who was Lenin? How did he use Marx's work? Why did he use Marx's work?
Part 2) Why was Marx relatively unknown during his lifetime? How then did his ideas become popular and well-known through Lenin?
Part 3) How did Lenin both help and hurt Marx's philosophies?
Essay Topic 2
Karl Marx was a Jewish German.
Part 1) Why did he not consider himself a Jew? With what religious organization was he once affiliated? Why might this have changed?
Part 2) If he had been raised in a different religion or church, could he have grown up as a religious person? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do his feelings towards religion affect his political beliefs?
Essay Topic 3
Hegel was a big influence on Marx.
Part 1) Who was Hegel? How did he influence Marx?
Part 2) With what aspects of Hegel's beliefs did Marx not agree? Why?
Part 3) Regarding Hegel, what other philosophies are important to study to understand Hegel's views, and, therefore, some of Marx's views? Why?
This section contains 1,170 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)