|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rius plan on attempting to do the answer to number 21?
2. On what did Engels write a piece for the "Annuals?"
3. Rius suggests what about non-Communists?
4. How was the answer to number 74 received at the time?
5. Others would say that Marxist thought is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do people think of Marx?
2. What is the purpose of this book?
3. What do many think of Marx's works? How did his works affect others?
4. What is known about Marx's relationship with Jenny Von Westphalen?
5. Describe the creation of Capital.
6. What gives Rius an amount of credibility?
7. What did Marx study in Berlin? How did this suit his personality? How did his father feel about this?
8. How did Marx change while living in Paris?
9. About whom is this book? Describe some background information about him.
10. Describe Marx's existence.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
To examine the roots of Marxism, Rius begins by looking at early man.
Part 1) What does Rius say about early man, according to Marx?
Part 2) Do you believe this is accurate? Why or why not?
Part 3) What does this reveal about Marx's beliefs about religion and its power over people?
Essay Topic 2
Marx's work birthed political journalism.
Part 1) Describe Marx's work and its connection to journalism.
Part 2) How had journalism been changed and/or improved by Marx?
Part 3) How does journalism today reflect Marx's career as a writer and editor? Would you agree that he "birthed political journalism?" Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Descartes and Spinoza were great philosophers of the Seventeenth Century.
Part 1) Describe both philosophers. How were they great?
Part 2) How did the both view humanity? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) How were they both wrong? How does this affect their overall beliefs? Does this affect their validity as philosophers? Why or why not?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)