|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Europe, who was one individual who did advocate for rebellion against the church and its dictatorship?
(b) Van Gogh.
(d) Da Vinci.
2. Marx is a materialist and his work attempts to bring more consistency to _______________.
3. How did this group of people at this point in human history begin the creation of social classes?
(a) Those who had made discoveries were put in charge of the other people.
(b) They organized themselves according to interests and family groups.
(c) These "special" people gradually became the ruling or upper class.
(d) The smarter of the people began leading and instructing the others.
4. What did Hegel fail to see that still existed in society?
(a) The uneducated.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The oppression and exploitation.
(d) The poor.
5. The price of a commodity or product is created through what?
(a) A recession.
(d) Natural disasters.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do Vico's stages correspond?
2. Why are workers exploited in a capitalist state?
3. What states that there is nothing beyond the natural?
4. The dialectical method views everything as ____________________.
5. What seeks scientific proof for what it examines, including religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rius begin to examine the roots of Marxism?
2. How might a socialist system be practical?
3. What was the Communist Manifesto?
4. Who are three of Greece's most well-known and important philosophers? Give detailed information about the theories of one of these philosophers.
5. Describe the French socialists. What did Marx think of these men?
6. What took place after the Greek epoch? Describe this period of time.
7. What are Kant's ideas?
8. What is surplus value? How does this affect the worker?
9. What are the ideas of Giambattista Vico?
10. What does Marx say about the capitalist?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)