|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marx is a materialist and his work attempts to bring more consistency to _______________.
2. The capitalist figures in the price of production, hidden costs, and his own profit when deciding the value of a product. What keeps the capitalist's profits growing?
(a) The increase in interest in the product.
(b) The worker's labor power.
(c) The efficiency at which he works.
(d) The desire for the product.
3. What did Hegel fail to see that still existed in society?
(a) The oppression and exploitation.
(b) The poor.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The uneducated.
4. Aristotle argued that social conflict occurred because of what reason?
(a) Varying levels of intelligence.
(c) Differing beliefs among people.
(d) Economic and social inequality.
5. Who were the individuals who tried to find logical explanations for natural events?
(a) The conservatives.
(b) The non-believers.
(c) The intelligent.
(d) The thinkers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not offer proof for those things that it proposes?
2. What increases alienation?
3. A group of the intellectuals thought the means of production needed to be destroyed and that individuals should do what?
4. What is meant by mechanistic?
5. To what do Vico's stages correspond?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marx not believe that simply raising the workers' salaries would change the situation?
2. Who was Ludwig Feuerbach?
3. What was the Communist Manifesto?
4. What is surplus value? How does this affect the worker?
5. Describe an example given by Marx about a capitalist employer.
6. What does Marx say about the capitalist?
7. What is meant by materialism becoming mechanistic?
8. What are the ideas of Giambattista Vico?
9. How was religion used to keep workers enslaved?
10. How did Marx and Engels get the opportunity to write the Communist Manifesto?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)