|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The dialectical method views everything as ____________________.
2. What is Rius' simple definition of capitalism?
(a) Someone who works for himself.
(b) Someone who owns and sells products.
(c) Someone buys to sell again at a profit.
(d) Someone who hires employees.
3. Descartes used a _______________ logic to examine the world.
4. Many, such as Socrates, were ___________________ for their views.
5. Capitalism will need to be replaced by what?
(a) A form of government that will protect and value the worker.
(c) A dictatorship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pythagoras argue?
2. Why does Marx not believe that simply raising the workers' salaries would change the situation for the worker?
3. One of the aspects of most religions was a faith in some sort of afterlife. How did the Egyptians believe they had the hope of a better afterlife?
4. Why would Hegel believe that a worker should not worry about the material?
5. To what do Vico's stages correspond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marx say about alienation?
2. Describe the French socialists. What did Marx think of these men?
3. What are the ideas of empiricism? Who supported these ideas?
4. What can be learned from the information in this chapter?
5. What took place after the Greek epoch? Describe this period of time.
6. How might a socialist system be practical?
7. What are dialectics and the dialectical method?
8. What are Kant's ideas?
9. What was the Communist Manifesto?
10. Who are the two types of men philosophy sees? Describe these two types.
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)