|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jenny's father concerned about her marrying Marx?
(a) He had no money or work.
(b) He was very wealthy and well-known.
(c) He did not believe Marx loved his daughter.
(d) He did not like Marx's ideas.
2. Hegel wanted to justify the idea of God by proposing what?
(a) A mechanical system.
(b) A polygist system.
(c) A panlogism system.
(d) A monologism system.
3. Others would say that simplifying Marxism down for certain individuals is what?
(c) A waste of time.
4. What does Rius hope this does for the reader?
(a) Scare him or her.
(b) Inspire him or her.
(c) Educate him or her.
(d) Worry him or her.
5. Can Rius cover all of these terms?
(d) Not likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Marx and Engels write this?
2. How did Marx's father feel about him studying philosophy?
3. What is this philosophy of Hegel's that interested Marx?
4. What does Rius think about some of Marx's work?
5. What did Rius want to do regarding Marx?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do many people think of Rius' attempt to summarize Marxism?
2. Describe the creation of Capital.
3. What do many think of Marx's works? How did his works affect others?
4. Why can Rius not cover all of Marx's terms? What does he attempt to do instead?
5. Why is Marx important to the author?
6. What else did Marx write?
7. How did Marx change while living in Paris?
8. What did Marx study in Berlin? How did this suit his personality? How did his father feel about this?
9. What is the significant of Marx?
10. What were Marx and Engels commissioned to write? For whom did they write this?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)