|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pg. 36-64).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rius hope the reader will eventually do?
(a) Fight capitalism.
(b) Become a Marxist.
(c) Encourage communism.
(d) Try to tackle Marx's actual works.
2. What does Rius want to do regarding Marx?
(a) Scare people away from Marxism and communism.
(b) Introduce him to the average reader.
(c) Give students a taste of Marxism.
(d) Encourage readers to believe Marx's philosophies.
3. Of what is Thales the father?
4. One of the aspects of most religions was a faith in some sort of afterlife. How did the Egyptians believe they had the hope of a better afterlife?
(a) If they put up with slavery during their lives.
(b) If they treated others well.
(c) If they built a tomb for themselves.
(d) If they were wealthy.
5. If power was in the hands of the rich, it is called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Others would say that simplifying Marxism down for certain individuals is what?
2. How was the answer to number 74 received at the time?
3. Descartes used a _______________ logic to examine the world.
4. How did Marx's father feel about him studying philosophy?
5. What was the counter attack of science and reason against religious fanaticism and dogma?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)