|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to the qualities unique in children, what else does the Montessori method focus on?
(a) Ability to read.
(b) Changes as children age.
(c) Competition among children.
(d) Relationships with parents.
2. What is a famous characteristic of the Montessori school?
(a) There is not direction.
(b) Children have a lot of play time.
(c) Children are content doing their work.
(d) Children are very disciplined through the use of rules.
3. From ages 0-3, Montessori considered the Absorbent Mind; what is another term for the absorbent mind?
4. What type of work does the Montessori school promote?
(a) Student-student paired work.
(b) Child-Adult paired work.
(c) Group work.
(d) Independent work.
5. What did Montessori feel would happen if one provides direct help for a child's mental growth needs during 0-6 year old?
(a) Impede growth.
(c) Stop growth.
(d) Speed up growth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Montessori's choice in professions different?
2. According to Montessori, when does the second epoch of development begin?
3. For learning in the Montessori classroom to be successful, what is presented to the children?
4. What is the only organization designed to represent and promote the principles of the Montessori method?
5. According to Montessori, what is necessary for children who have had disordering experiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the first stage of development called the Absorbent Mind?
2. Based on the preface to this book, what is significant about the work Montessori did?
3. According to Montessori, why were children often misunderstood?
4. How does Standing discuss the importance of order in children?
5. According to Montessori, how does the absorbent mind take in the world?
6. How did Montessori use tool in teaching abstract ideas?
7. How did Montessori, initially misread children's apparent rebellion of authority?
8. According to Montessori, how is the cycle of work different between adults and children?
9. According to Montessori, why is human development compared to a succession of new births?
10. Why does Standing feel the Montessori system is a living system?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)