|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
(a) Nothing is done.
(b) They can correct them.
(c) They are made fun of because of them.
(d) They are punished for them.
2. According to Montessori, what is the primary tool for learning in infants and very young children?
(c) Adult instruction.
3. According to Montessori, how do adults do their work?
(c) With an internal aim.
(d) With an external aim.
4. What type of work does the Montessori school promote?
(a) Student-student paired work.
(b) Independent work.
(c) Child-Adult paired work.
(d) Group work.
5. According to Montessori, what is different in the way adults work compared to children?
(a) Adults have a better understanding of change.
(b) Adults try to make internal changes.
(c) Adults try to make external changes.
(d) There are no differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montessori feel was the problem when children do not want to work on their own?
2. During the time Montessori began working, who was making great efforts to understand the mentally ill?
3. What does Standing state, in Book 1, Chapter 2 , Montessori was a champion for?
4. Standing states that there was not a female precedent for the work Montessori was doing, what does the author mean by "female precedent"?
5. What element of a child's current activities did Montessori reduce and supplement with more structured activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Montessori, why were children often misunderstood?
2. According to Montessori, why are the different types of metamorphosis important in education?
3. According to Montessori, how is the cycle of work different between adults and children?
4. According to Montessori, when does conscious effort of development and learning begin?
5. What does Standing state goes along with exploration?
6. How did Montessori use tool in teaching abstract ideas?
7. What type of challenges did Montessori face during her education and early career?
8. According to Montessori, how does the absorbent mind take in the world?
9. According to Montessori, what is the difference between an external and internal aim to work?
10. How does Standing discuss the importance of order in children?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)