|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Standing suggests that individuals set out to create two worlds, one within and one without, when does he state this begins?
(a) As an adolescent.
(b) At Birth.
(c) An an adult.
(d) As a toddler.
2. Where did Montessori and her parents move so she could go to a better school?
(c) New York.
3. What does Standing state, in Book 1, Chapter 2 , Montessori was a champion for?
(a) Wealth distribution.
4. According to Montessori, how do adults do their work?
(a) With an external aim.
(c) With an internal aim.
5. What type of environment does a Montessori school provide?
(a) All free time.
(b) Nurtuting and dependent.
(c) Highly structured.
(d) Nurturing and independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montessori feel was the problem when children do not want to work on their own?
2. According to Montessori, when does a child begin to consciously participate in the growth and development of his mind?
3. As discussed in "Introductory Materials, Preparations & Discovery" based on Montessori's discovery, what was she initially able to do?
4. According to Montessori, what occurs in terms of deviations, when an adult tries to help a child who does not need assistance?
5. In "Work, Sensorial, Normalcy," what does Standing mean by sensorial world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Standing discuss the importance of order in children?
2. What does Standing state are some differences between the Montessori school and a traditional school?
3. What does Standing mean when he refers to the rhythm of a child's life?
4. According to Montessori, why were children often misunderstood?
5. What type of offers did Montessori receive to travel to America and continue her work there?
6. What connection was drawn between the Montessori method and different types of students?
7. Based on the preface to this book, what is significant about the work Montessori did?
8. According to Montessori, how does the absorbent mind take in the world?
9. According to Montessori, children have an interesting concept of time; how is this concept different from that of an adult?
10. What did other professionals, including other teachers of Montessori's time, assume about Monetessori's work as a teacher?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)