|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part Three : Chapter 2, Practical Life & Mental Processes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From ages 0-3, Montessori considered the Absorbent Mind; what is another term for the absorbent mind?
2. In "Exploration, Development," how does Standing describe the type of work that occurs among the children?
(a) Slow and calculated.
(c) Fast paced.
(d) Spontaneous and voluntary.
3. What profession did Montessori eventually decide to pursue?
(d) International Relations.
4. What does Standing suggests that this book could be used as, despite its label as a biography?
(a) A University textbook.
(b) A door stop.
(c) A Noble Prize winner.
(d) An elementary school book.
5. What does the Montessori method try to encourage concerning silence?
(a) It is natural.
(b) It is something the children make themselves.
(c) Children can not be silent for long periods.
(d) It is boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Size, Movement, Instinct, Reason," what stage of development is the child, at birth, considered, according to the Standing?
2. What does Standing state, in Book 1, Chapter 2 , Montessori was a champion for?
3. In "Development," what were children given in a Montessori classroom that was evident through their obedience toward adults and ability to strive for perfection on their own terms?
4. What type of environment does a Montessori school provide?
5. According to Montessori, what is suggested by the fact that from ages 6-12, there are fewer incidences of illness and mortality?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)