|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, The Explorer, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of environment does a Montessori school provide?
(a) Highly structured.
(b) Nurturing and independent.
(c) Nurtuting and dependent.
(d) All free time.
2. According to Montessori, what is the child developing during the first epoch of his life?
(a) Physical strength.
(c) Mental strength.
3. What profession did Montessori eventually decide to pursue?
(c) International Relations.
4. After finding it too difficult to continue her work in Italy, where did Montessori go to continue her work?
5. What did Montessori call the 1900s?
(a) The Educational Revolution.
(b) The Time for Change.
(c) The Century of the Child.
(d) The Century for the Teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Standing uses the expression 'Young Explorer'; what does he state is unique about the young explorer?
2. What does Standing state about the existence of the body as a baby experiences it?
3. For learning in the Montessori classroom to be successful, what is presented to the children?
4. What type of principles does the Montessori method focus?
5. What element of a child's current activities did Montessori reduce and supplement with more structured activities?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)