|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, The Explorer, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
(a) They can correct them.
(b) They are punished for them.
(c) They are made fun of because of them.
(d) Nothing is done.
2. In "Development," what did Montessori give a living representation of through the work and writings?
(a) The zeitgeist of the age.
(b) The challenge of education.
(c) The problems of education.
(d) The problems of society.
3. What type of principles does the Montessori method focus?
(b) Those that occur naturally in children.
(d) Those that are effective in adults.
4. What does Standing compare the universe to when discussing how a child may see it?
(a) An illusion.
(b) A maze.
(c) A straight line.
(d) A jigsaw puzzle.
5. As Montessori began working for underprivileged children, she had two assistants and how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. When given the chance, how does the Montessori method suggest children will function?
2. In terms of time, what is first created in the child's mind in order to comprehend time?
3. What type of work does the Montessori school promote?
4. Where can the reader find additional details about the Montessori method?
5. According to Montessori, what is suggested by the fact that from ages 6-12, there are fewer incidences of illness and mortality?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)