|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, The Explorer, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Montessori write her first book on her work?
2. According to Montessori, what effects does the herd instinct have in boys?
(a) Fight other groups.
(b) Become mentally stronger.
(c) Learn more.
(d) Wean them from maternal domination.
3. Who was one of Montessori's Italian sponsors?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen Mother.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Prince.
4. What type of work does the Montessori school promote?
(a) Independent work.
(b) Student-student paired work.
(c) Child-Adult paired work.
(d) Group work.
5. What type of classrooms does Montessori prefer?
(a) Large classes.
(b) Mixed age classrooms.
(c) Small classes.
(d) Classrooms with one adult per child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Montessori fortunate to have had?
2. What does Standing state about the existence of the body as a baby experiences it?
3. What groups of people were often placed in mental institutions during the time Montessori began working?
4. In addition to the qualities unique in children, what else does the Montessori method focus on?
5. Where can the reader find additional details about the Montessori method?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)