|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part One : Chapter 2, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What groups of people were often placed in mental institutions during the time Montessori began working?
(c) Mentally retarded.
2. What type of principles does the Montessori method focus?
(a) Those that occur naturally in children.
(b) Those that are effective in adults.
3. When given the chance, how does the Montessori method suggest children will function?
(a) As a harmonious group.
(b) As adults.
4. What did Montessori call the 1900s?
(a) The Time for Change.
(b) The Educational Revolution.
(c) The Century for the Teacher.
(d) The Century of the Child.
5. How does Standing state a Montessori teacher should attend to the children?
(a) Very hands on.
(b) Be a minimalist.
(c) Be a lecturer.
(d) Offer help only to disabled children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
2. As Montessori began working for underprivileged children, she had two assistants and how many children?
3. What did Montessori value over words, according to a Catholic Priest that was quoted in "Development"?
4. Why was Montessori's choice in professions different?
5. What was Montessori fortunate to have had?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)