|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part One : Chapter 2, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time Montessori began working, who was making great efforts to understand the mentally ill?
2. Standing states that there was not a female precedent for the work Montessori was doing, what does the author mean by "female precedent"?
(a) No females were interested in what she was doing.
(b) No female had do it before.
(c) No females could be paid for this work.
(d) No females were allowed to do what Maria was doing.
3. How does Standing state a Montessori teacher should attend to the children?
(a) Be a lecturer.
(b) Very hands on.
(c) Be a minimalist.
(d) Offer help only to disabled children.
4. In "Development," what was unique about what children are able to do in a Montessori classroom in terms of their mistakes?
(a) They are punished for them.
(b) Nothing is done.
(c) They can correct them.
(d) They are made fun of because of them.
5. When did Montessori write her first book on her work?
Short Answer Questions
1. As discussed in "Introductory Materials, Preparations & Discovery" based on Montessori's discovery, what was she initially able to do?
2. What does Standing state, in Book 1, Chapter 2 , Montessori was a champion for?
3. What were the rooms called where the children had adult guidance and time for freedom?
4. When given the chance, how does the Montessori method suggest children will function?
5. Who persecuted Montessori's schools and teaching methods?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)