|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, Exploration, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is absent in a Montessori school?
2. As Montessori's popularity grew, what did she realize about the reach of her teaching methods?
(a) They could be effective up to the University age.
(b) They are limited to early childhood.
(c) They can be taught to parents.
(d) They would not be understood in some countries.
3. What was Montessori fortunate to have had?
(a) Rich parents.
(b) A job as a teacher.
(c) Educational opportunities.
(d) A lot of friends.
4. What did Montessori value over words, according to a Catholic Priest that was quoted in "Development"?
5. What does Standing state is the strength of this book?
(b) Discussion of traditional education.
(c) Explanation of the Montessori principles.
(d) Discussion of Maria's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What element of a child's current activities did Montessori reduce and supplement with more structured activities?
2. What does Standing compare the universe to when discussing how a child may see it?
3. Who was one of Montessori's Italian sponsors?
4. What did Montessori feel was the problem when children do not want to work on their own?
5. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)