|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, Exploration, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of Montessori's Italian sponsors?
(a) The Prince.
(b) The King.
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Queen Mother.
2. What does Standing suggests that this book could be used as, despite its label as a biography?
(a) A University textbook.
(b) A Noble Prize winner.
(c) A door stop.
(d) An elementary school book.
3. Who persecuted Montessori's schools and teaching methods?
4. During the time Montessori began working, who was making great efforts to understand the mentally ill?
5. What does Standing state about the existence of the body as a baby experiences it?
(a) They can not make the connection.
(b) They are uninterested.
(c) They do not realize it until much later.
(d) They are intriuged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are children initially unaware of cause and effect?
2. In addition to the qualities unique in children, what else does the Montessori method focus on?
3. When given the chance, how does the Montessori method suggest children will function?
4. Where did Montessori find work after completing her schooling?
5. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is absent in a Montessori school?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)