|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, Exploration, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Montessori, offers profound insight into the truths of human nature?
(a) The Physician.
(b) The Child.
(c) The Adult.
(d) The Teacher.
2. When did Montessori write her first book on her work?
3. What did Montessori call the 1900s?
(a) The Educational Revolution.
(b) The Century of the Child.
(c) The Time for Change.
(d) The Century for the Teacher.
4. In "Exploration, Development," what does Standing suggest is the reasoning some put behind the children's ability to work on their own in a Montessori classroom?
(a) Strong discipline.
(b) Hypnotic influnce.
(c) They are simply playing and not learning.
(d) They are given directions before visitors come in.
5. What were the rooms called where the children had adult guidance and time for freedom?
(a) Children's Houses.
(b) Learning Areas.
(c) Montessori Rooms.
(d) Children's Rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Standing state is the strength of this book?
2. What type of things does Standing write astonish small children?
3. In "Development," what did Montessori give a living representation of through the work and writings?
4. What is the number one characteristic of a Montessori school?
5. What did Montessori feel was the problem when children do not want to work on their own?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)