|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, Exploration, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Exploration, Development," how does Standing describe the type of work that occurs among the children?
(a) Fast paced.
(b) Spontaneous and voluntary.
(c) Slow and calculated.
2. What does Standing state, in Book 1, Chapter 2 , Montessori was a champion for?
(b) Wealth distribution.
3. As Montessori began working for underprivileged children, she had two assistants and how many children?
4. What type of things does Standing write astonish small children?
(a) Only unique things.
(b) Other people.
(c) Most new things.
(d) The smallest things.
5. What element of a child's current activities did Montessori reduce and supplement with more structured activities?
(a) Free play.
(b) Reading time.
(c) Time outside.
(d) Nap time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Montessori call the 1900s?
2. Who, according to Montessori, offers profound insight into the truths of human nature?
3. What profession did Montessori eventually decide to pursue?
4. During the time discussed in "Introductory Materials, Preparations & Discovery," what does Montessori discover about those she helped?
5. How does Standing state a Montessori teacher should attend to the children?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)