|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part Two : Chapter 1, Exploration, Development &.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Development," what did Montessori give a living representation of through the work and writings?
(a) The zeitgeist of the age.
(b) The challenge of education.
(c) The problems of education.
(d) The problems of society.
2. Why was Montessori's choice in professions different?
(a) She knew nothing about the profession.
(b) She was not smart enough for the profession.
(c) Her parents disapproved.
(d) There was no female precedent.
3. Where did Montessori find work after completing her schooling?
(a) Insane asylum.
4. Standing suggests that individuals set out to create two worlds, one within and one without, when does he state this begins?
(a) At Birth.
(b) An an adult.
(c) As an adolescent.
(d) As a toddler.
5. Why are children initially unaware of cause and effect?
(a) They are not smart enough to understand it yet.
(b) They think they are invincible.
(c) They have no previous experience.
(d) Cause and effect only matter for older children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What groups of people were often placed in mental institutions during the time Montessori began working?
2. When did Montessori write her first book on her work?
3. Where did Montessori and her parents move so she could go to a better school?
4. What was Montessori fortunate to have had?
5. After finding it too difficult to continue her work in Italy, where did Montessori go to continue her work?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)