Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is left of the Comte's party, where do they find themselves cornered?
2. Who else comes to Le Havre that is even more surprising to Hornblower?
3. How is Hornblower recognized for his services?
4. What does Hornblower do when he hears the latest news about Napoleon regaining power?
5. What does Hornblower end up doing about the mutineers?
How important is social standing in the 19th century? Does Hornblower do as well in his career if he is born a peer? Does he do better?
C. S. Forester wrote this book in the 20th century about people and events in the 19th century. How does C. S. Forester use language to give life to the period? Is he successful?
How self-aware is Hornblower of his own character traits? Do you think Hornblower develops more fully as a character over the course of this book? How "real" of a person is he? How does he compare to characters in other novels of the period?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)