Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower read in the newspaper from England?
2. What does Hornblower do when he hears the latest news about Napoleon regaining power?
3. What happens to Captain Bush after the encounter with Napoleon's troops at Caudebec?
4. Who does Hornblower and his wife meet at one of the state functions?
5. What happens when Hornblower and the French troops exchange gun fire?
Hornblower seems to be the only person in the book who is sympathetic to the plight of the mutineers. Why do you think this is the case? What motivates Hornblower to pardon and commute their sentences?
What is the significance of the scarf that Hornblower's wife makes and gives to him as a memento?
What does Captain Freeman's fortune telling episode tell us about the Captains: Freeman, Hornblower, Bush, and Howard? What does it tell us about Hornblower?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)