|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is royalty coming to Le Havre?
2. Who is the VIP soon to arrive at Le Havre?
3. What does Barbara do that contributes to the drifting apart of her relationship with Hornblower?
4. What happens to Hornblower after Marie dies?
5. Who brings news that England is sending a VIP?
Essay Topic 1
Hornblower seems to be the only person in the book who is sympathetic to the plight of the mutineers. Why do you think this is the case? What motivates Hornblower to pardon and commute their sentences?
Essay Topic 2
What does Captain Freeman's fortune telling episode tell us about the Captains: Freeman, Hornblower, Bush, and Howard? What does it tell us about Hornblower?
Essay Topic 3
C. S. Forester does not make Hornblower perfect. What are some of his flaws? Why does Hornblower have flaws?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)