Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower read in the newspaper from England?
2. What does Hornblower do when he hears the latest news about Napoleon regaining power?
3. What happens to Captain Bush after the encounter with Napoleon's troops at Caudebec?
4. Who does Hornblower and his wife meet at one of the state functions?
5. What happens when Hornblower and the French troops exchange gun fire?
Essay Topic 1
C. S. Forester wrote this book in the 20th century about people and events in the 19th century. How does C. S. Forester use language to give life to the period? Is he successful?
Essay Topic 2
What does Captain Freeman's fortune telling episode tell us about the Captains: Freeman, Hornblower, Bush, and Howard? What does it tell us about Hornblower?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the scarf that Hornblower's wife makes and gives to him as a memento?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)