Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower read in the newspaper from England?
2. What does Hornblower do when he hears the latest news about Napoleon regaining power?
3. What happens to Captain Bush after the encounter with Napoleon's troops at Caudebec?
4. Who does Hornblower and his wife meet at one of the state functions?
5. What happens when Hornblower and the French troops exchange gun fire?
Essay Topic 1
Hornblower does not see himself as a hero as others do. Do you think he is? Why? Why not? Find examples in the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
C. S. Forester does not make Hornblower perfect. What are some of his flaws? Why does Hornblower have flaws?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the typical conditions on a British ship of the line as experienced by a seaman and an officer. Why are things so different? How much of this can be attributed to class inequality?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)