|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of His Majesty's Flame?
(a) Captain Bush.
(b) Captain Horatio Hornblower.
(c) Lieutenant Chadwick.
(d) Lieutenant Freeman.
2. What does Hornblower do with Sweet's body?
(a) Lets it sink into the sea.
(b) Strings it up on the yardman as an example.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Keeps it in a barrel for transport back to the Admiralty.
3. Why does Lord St. Vincent leave the church service?
(a) He needs to use the facilities.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He forgets another appointment.
(d) He is disturbed by news brought to him by a lieutenant.
4. How does Hornblower bathe while on board ship?
(a) He doesn't bathe.
(b) He takes a daily swim instead of bathing.
(c) He has the crew hose him down with the wash-deck pump.
(d) He has a bucket of sea water dumped over his head.
5. What is the news from the war front (March 1814)?
(a) Napoleon is in secret talks with the Americans.
(b) Prime Minister Pitt is considering conscription.
(c) The Duke of Wellington is suffering from gout and has to postpone a planned attack.
(d) Bonaparte suffers a major setback at Soissons.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the royal banquet, what does Hornblower realize about his wife?
2. How does the Porta Coeli crew feel about Hornblower?
3. What does the crew of the Flame want?
4. What does Hornblower plan to do with the Porta Coeli, after he comes back from meeting with the mutineers?
5. What types of weapons does Hornblower carry into combat?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)