|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14, 15, and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathaniel Sweet show Hornblower that surprises him?
(a) Chadwick's signed confession.
(b) New orders from the Admiralty.
(c) Letters and promises from the French.
(d) The crews' injuries from the constant flogging.
2. Where is the Flame when Hornblower sets out to meet her?
(a) At the docks in Liverpool.
(b) Close to the French port city of Le Havre.
(c) About a mile off the coast of Dover.
(d) On its way to Jamaica.
3. How does Hornblower know the captain of the Porta Coeli?
(a) He serves under Hornblower.
(b) Their wives are friends.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are schoolmates.
4. What does Hornblower plan to do with the Duke d'Angoulême?
(a) Denounce him as a secret Bonapartist.
(b) Work with him because he is royalty.
(c) Have him discredited with the citizens of Le Havre.
(d) Have him sent back to England.
5. How is it possible that Hornblower's plan with the the Porta Coeli masquerade to work?
(a) The Flame and the Porta Coeli are sister ships and look alike.
(b) It is a game of chicken and Hornblower knows his men don't fail him.
(c) They are too far from shore for the French to get a good look at the Flame.
(d) The French can't tell one English ship from another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the VIP soon to arrive at Le Havre?
2. What does Hornblower tell the crew of the Porta Coeli, just before meeting up with the Flame?
3. Why does the French react the way they do when the Flame sails into Le Havre?
4. What is the news from the war front (April 1814) not long after Hornblower secures Rouen?
5. What do the crew of the Flame say in the letter they send to the Admiralty?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)